Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26143 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#25337 Jan 7, 2013
A uterus is not a trait. What trait did my mother have that my father did not, and vice versa?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave birth to you, your mother or father?
crzzzd

Ellwood City, PA

#25338 Jan 8, 2013
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25339 Jan 8, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
It is licensing a marriage. It is pronouncing them married.
Heterosexual couple or homosexual couple - its the same license.
Another swing and a miss, Petey...and you've used up your allotment (from your never ending, incredibly tedious supply) of questions for the day.
Too bad ya really didn't answer the question, and its a brand new day. A church/Temple/Mosque, etc. can declare a couple married acvording to the dictates of its particular faith. Also, technically its opposite sex and same sex, the individuals could be hetero. homo. bi, etc. What exactly is the state licensing? Its fair to say that part of marriage law, at least case law deals with intimate physical aspects of the male female relationship, aspects that don't correspond to SSCs. So what is that requires a license? Emotional, economic, parental, sexual, etc.? Its a fair question.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#25340 Jan 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>\
TY. You know, I actually like the guy too much. Hope I don't drive him off.
Hey Pietro?
Who loves ya baby?
Wait....I know this one. Telly Savalas....aka Kojak.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#25341 Jan 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad ya really didn't answer the question, and its a brand new day. A church/Temple/Mosque, etc. can declare a couple married acvording to the dictates of its particular faith. Also, technically its opposite sex and same sex, the individuals could be hetero. homo. bi, etc. What exactly is the state licensing? Its fair to say that part of marriage law, at least case law deals with intimate physical aspects of the male female relationship, aspects that don't correspond to SSCs. So what is that requires a license? Emotional, economic, parental, sexual, etc.? Its a fair question.
I answered the question with complete accuracy.

That the answer didn't fit the box you were seeking is your issue, not mine.
Pietro Armando

Somerville, MA

#25342 Jan 8, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered the question with complete accuracy.
That the answer didn't fit the box you were seeking is your issue, not mine.
I expected a far more in depth answer from someone who uses the moniker, "Just Think". Apparently the name is misleading.

Location hidden

#25343 Jan 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected a far more in depth answer from someone who uses the moniker, "Just Think". Apparently the name is misleading.
Not at all - I thought about playing your tediously boring word games but ultimately decided to give you the short, 100% correct answer.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#25344 Jan 8, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking him, not you. Butt out jerk. If I wanted to ask the legislators I would.
We're trying to have a discussion of marriage equality here. It's not going to work if you get all emotional and angry like that.
Suggesting that you ask your legislators is getting "all emotional and angry?" Who do you think has the power to change the law? But hell, I know you aren't really serious about it... and you're afraid of what your Congressman would reply. You're a coward.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#25345 Jan 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Doo Doo let's look at the Massachusetts marriage license application.
http://www.cityofboston.gov/Images_Documents/...
I don't see the husband or the wife mentioned, just a couple of parties. I wonder if the officiating agent asks the bride do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded Party B? But don't worry boys and girls, it's all part of our "progression" as a society. We'll know we've really progressed when a "Party C" is added. Oh wait, maybe the Party C is added when Party A and Party B engage in "marital relations".....that's old school talk for marital colitis.
...and somehow you think that means husband and wives are no longer married? Just how low is your IQ?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#25346 Jan 8, 2013
What churches do is irrelevant to this topic--civil marriage. Civil marriage is about the contractual commitment between unrelated citizens, which carries certain perks and certain responsibilities regardless of the genders involved.

Case law says nothing about gender "responsibilities" or roles.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Pietro Armando

West Roxbury, MA

#25347 Jan 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
What churches do is irrelevant to this topic--civil marriage. Civil marriage is about the contractual commitment between unrelated citizens, which carries certain perks and certain responsibilities regardless of the genders involved.
Case law says nothing about gender "responsibilities" or roles.
<quoted text>
Who gives birth, the male or female of the human species? Would those be gender roles? Actually marital case law has, and does address issues relevant to the conjugal marital relationship. Not a whole heck of a lot of SSM case law on the books Sparky.

Do you address your Mother's Day cards, and Father's Day cards to "Gender Irrelevant Parental Figure"? That'd be silly, even you have a Mom and Dad, and were conceived as a result of....."gasp"....coi tal intercourse....oh noooooo.....say it ain't so....oh the shame.

Unrelated? Tell that to first cousins who are allowed to legally marry.
Pietro Armando

West Roxbury, MA

#25348 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
...and somehow you think that means husband and wives are no longer married? Just how low is your IQ?
That from a person named Jane Do Do

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#25349 Jan 8, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
A serial monogamist is really a polygamist. The government has some kind of silly problem with the timing thing. One at a time they insist. Silly.
Right now I'm looking for my next ex wife. You wanna take a walk on the wild side for couple years toots?
Now that was funny...Salud!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#25351 Jan 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A uterus is not a trait. What trait did my mother have that my father did not, and vice versa?
<quoted text>
Oh so you acknowledge you have/had a Mother and Father. Did you have trouble distinguishing between the two growing up? Let me guess, your first words were not '"ma ma" or "da da", but "greetings gender irrelevant parental homo sapien figure, take me to your leader".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#25353 Jan 8, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget him. Too Italian. I'm just half. Perfect!
Hmmmmm....that depends on what the other half is I suppose

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25354 Jan 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait....I know this one. Telly Savalas....aka Kojak.
There you go.:)

Location hidden

#25359 Jan 8, 2013
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>CUTE Obama was born a Brit in Kenya before his Indonesian adoption. The Hawaiian Birth Certificate is forged and he is using a stolen Social Security number. The Russians, Freemasons, and the Order of Skull&Bones put this Big Brother in office to usher in their New World Order. Obama isn't even half-black is gay and is an illegal-alien.
awwww....so sad for you...
Mike DiRucci

Hayward, CA

#25360 Jan 8, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggesting that you ask your legislators is getting "all emotional and angry?" Who do you think has the power to change the law? But hell, I know you aren't really serious about it... and you're afraid of what your Congressman would reply. You're a coward.
We're trying to have an intelligent discussion about marriage equality. It's not going to work if you get all emotional and angry and throw hissy fits.

I asked you. If I wanted to ask my legislators I would have. Save your suggestions Miss Thing. I asked for your opinions not suggestions.

Relax jackass!
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#25361 Jan 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
But not nationwide doo doo!
Oh it will be, and soon.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#25362 Jan 8, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
We're trying to have an intelligent discussion about marriage equality. It's not going to work if you get all emotional and angry and throw hissy fits.
I asked you. If I wanted to ask my legislators I would have. Save your suggestions Miss Thing. I asked for your opinions not suggestions.
Relax jackass!
Oh that's right. Your legislators aren't involved at all. What can they do about it anyway? <smirk>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 47 min Mr Hanky 27,975
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr cpeter1313 60,716
News Nova Scotia mayor announces he's gay, says some... 3 hr Baptist ism by Proxy 7
News A sign hangs outside of a Dick's Sporting Goods... 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 227
News First gay Navy Spouse of the Year and husband a... 6 hr EdmondWA 11
News Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches (Jan '14) 11 hr Bi curious Crossd... 25
News Goldberg: America not as intolerant as we make ... 15 hr Baptist ism by Proxy 1
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... 18 hr Frankie Rizzo 103