Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26163 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#24809 Dec 31, 2012
Is that "Wakanatabi" jackass (Dan) gonna obsessively count everyone's posts again today?

That's psycho! Why do you suppose he does that?

Anyone know?

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24810 Dec 31, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, do you not, that "natural right", and "inalienable right" are the exact same thing and they are synonyms for each other?
Probably not, "Rick in Kansas" is a dope.

And a "buttercup"! And a "cupcake"!

Funny!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24811 Dec 31, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nit pickin"? If you wish to call it that, go ahead. It is a nit that needs picked however, You are incorrect sir.
You want proof? Answer the following honestly.
Is it "moral" for me to own a gun?
Is it a crime, a victimless crime, for me to own a gun?
Dirty Harry would disagree with you.

Is it moral to defend yourself with a gun or to turn the other cheek?

Depends upon your set of ethics doesn't it?

Owning a gun? Depends if it is against the law and on the type of weapon. Suppose it is? It is a victimless crime.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#24812 Dec 31, 2012
The government has no ability to dissolve a legal marriage without the consent of the spoouses. On the other hand, these people cannot add more spouses, either.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There are polygamous Muslim immigrant communities in this country.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#24813 Dec 31, 2012
Considering where his head is evidently placed, I'd say it's his belt that's too tight...
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to connect the same dots with him yesterday to no avail. I think his collar is too tight.
Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24814 Dec 31, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Considering where his head is evidently placed, I'd say it's his belt that's too tight...
<quoted text>
Aw, Dan's a big dope but he doesn't wear a belt. Wears those silly stretch pants for seniors with suspenders.

YUK!YUK!YUK!. Dan.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#24815 Dec 31, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Post 24178:
Mike DiRucci wrote: If we allow polygamy we must allow voter fraud according to the dope "Drew Smith".
Drew Smith wrote: How would it be "fraud" if we gave everyone the legal right to vote as many times as they liked?
Pay up
I wasn't agreeing with your premise. I was pointing out that your use of "fraud" was incorrect, as it would be legal.

So you still lose the bet.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#24816 Dec 31, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not exclude on the basis of freedom and equality for all how many wives or husbands one can have.
If it fits but keep in mind Einstein same sexed marriages and polygamy are inherently different and therefore would need separate considerations based on merit.

Tampa, FL

#24817 Dec 31, 2012
I guess you missed the fact that the purpose of the thread was to discuss the *story*, not merely the title that someone assigned to it.
Maybe you never made it past the title? Is that the problem?
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had said "alternate form of marriage" in that speech would we be allowed to mention polygamy then
If he had said "I support polygamy", then polygamy would have been on-topic for this thread.

But he didn't. He said that he supports same-sex marriage. Both for male couples and for female couples.

Now, how are you coming with creating your own thread to discuss your pet topic? Oh, right, you're not doing that, because you're just here to be an Internet troll.

Tampa, FL

#24818 Dec 31, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
SSM has to be discussed in context.....in comparison to OSM, which has two primary structures, mono or binary, and poly or plural.
In the United States, the only structure of opposite-sex marriage that is given legal recognition is monogamy. Therefore, if we are comparing the legal recognition of same-sex marriage with the legal recognition of opposite-sex marriage, then we are discussing it within the context of monogamy.

Therefore, polygamy fails to be relevant.

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#24819 Dec 31, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
...can't breath....toooo funny...

Tampa, FL

#24820 Dec 31, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
Nobody is allowed to practice bigamy unless they are visitors from a country where bigamy is legal.
Doesn't work that way in the United States.

Tampa, FL

#24821 Dec 31, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
That's correct if they come from a country where it is legal. For example, a Saudi prince may come here with his wives.
Nope. He can come here with as many *women* as he likes, but he can choose only one to be listed as his *wife* on his visa. The United States does not recognize polygamy even when legal in some other country.

Tampa, FL

#24822 Dec 31, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Let's not exclude on the basis of freedom and equality for all how many wives or husbands one can have.
What does that have to do with "equality"? Equality between whom and whom?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#24824 Dec 31, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Totally irrelevant to me or anyone else working for SSM. Until polygamists get off their multiple behinds, they aren't getting anything, and their first efforts will require them to get both polygamy and bigamy laws off the books.
<quoted text>
I know you don't care about anyone else...that's what makes your whole 'equality' argument a farce....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#24825 Dec 31, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't care about anyone else...that's what makes your whole 'equality' argument a farce....
Why?

Because we don't see Farmer Brown marrying his favorite milking cow as a legitimate marriage?

LOL!!!

Give it a rest sister.

Still have that same ranch house?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24826 Dec 31, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
The government has no ability to dissolve a legal marriage without the consent of the spoouses. On the other hand, these people cannot add more spouses, either.
<quoted text>
Does that mean the government should recognize these marriages?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24827 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
In the United States, the only structure of opposite-sex marriage that is given legal recognition is monogamy. Therefore, if we are comparing the legal recognition of same-sex marriage with the legal recognition of opposite-sex marriage, then we are discussing it within the context of monogamy.
Therefore, polygamy fails to be relevant.
Is monogamy a "legal structure"? The issue before the country is what is marriage. You are either unwilling or unable to acknowledge that not all states/courts/citizens view SS intimate relationships as marriage. As with SSM in various states, OSPM is practiced without legal recognition. Any change in legal definition of .marriage as a conjugal union of husband and wife, opens the discussion to include both SSM, and OSPM. Why should non conjugal, or non opposite sex binary marriage (SSM) trump, plural opposite sex conjugal marriage?

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24828 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't agreeing with your premise. I was pointing out that your use of "fraud" was incorrect, as it would be legal.
So you still lose the bet.
You lose the argument. Polygamy is not like allowing someone to vote more than once.

What a dummy!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24829 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
I guess you missed the fact that the purpose of the thread was to discuss the *story*, not merely the title that someone assigned to it.
Maybe you never made it past the title? Is that the problem?
<quoted text>
If he had said "I support polygamy", then polygamy would have been on-topic for this thread.
But he didn't. He said that he supports same-sex marriage. Both for male couples and for female couples.
Now, how are you coming with creating your own thread to discuss your pet topic? Oh, right, you're not doing that, because you're just here to be an Internet troll.
Polygamy is marriage, the subject of this thread. Quit crying. You lost the argument.

Polygamy is not the same as voting more than once. That was a dumb attempt at analogy. Give it up, it's stupid.

I'll post whatever I want when I want. You don't like it? Tough sh!t.

What a crybaby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 14 min guest 491
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 36 min Well Well 9
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 37 min lisa crossdress 24
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,845
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr patrol 4,677
News Will Jewish Fight Over Gay 'Conversion Therapy'... 2 hr Dawson 21
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 22,322
News 'Gay cake' appeal decided 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 hr Respect71 42,765
More from around the web