Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26164 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#24748 Dec 30, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't an equal rights argument. Nobody is allowed to practice bigamy unless they are visitors from a country where bigamy is legal.
I didn't know that. I thought they'd be thrown in prison like all the other polygamous scum.

So we only persecute our own citizens for polygamy? Foreigners get a pass? Interesting. I really didn't know that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24749 Dec 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No but he should be. And bigamy is such a loaded word. I call it marriage.
How would a marriage of three women hurt anyone? Why should they be denied? Simply because of appeals to tradition?
Bigamy has a specific legal meaning. It means to legally marry another person while one is already legally married. It is against the law in most countries other than Muslim Countries. If you are look for a harem, may I suggest moving to Saudi Arabia where the practice is perfectly legal.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24750 Dec 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that. I thought they'd be thrown in prison like all the other polygamous scum.
So we only persecute our own citizens for polygamy? Foreigners get a pass? Interesting. I really didn't know that.
That's correct if they come from a country where it is legal. For example, a Saudi prince may come here with his wives.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24751 Dec 30, 2012
What a strange crime polygamy is! Our citizens will go to prison for it while some Arab sheik can come here and visit that U.S. convict in the joint on visitors day with his 4 wives!

See how useless, dumb and discriminatory laws against poly are?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24752 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Who cares? Like most polygamists he actually spent little time with his kid.
<quoted text>
That commute must've been a bear.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24753 Dec 30, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about Pietro. He is a Catholic priest who secretly wants to become a Muslim with a large Harem.
Wastey

Now that was funny....thanks for the chuckle.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24754 Dec 30, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw you are fun. Why not ask the question, suppose an Arab national comes to this country with his harem, if he seeks citizenship, will he be legally allowed to continue practicing bigamy?
There are polygamous Muslim immigrant communities in this country.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24755 Dec 30, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't an equal rights argument. Nobody is allowed to practice bigamy unless they are visitors from a country where bigamy is legal.
Actually its called "polygamy".

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24756 Dec 30, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigamy has a specific legal meaning. It means to legally marry another person while one is already legally married. It is against the law in most countries other than Muslim Countries. If you are look for a harem, may I suggest moving to Saudi Arabia where the practice is perfectly legal.
Same sex marriage is effectively illegal in most states. That doesn't mean we can't discuss it. Why can't I even mention poly without all the hostility?

I'm not looking for a harem. One woman is almost too much for me. I'm just interested in equal rights.

I think bringing up poly really livens up the discussion. So sue me!
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24757 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
We're talking about civil marriage which is the only legal form of marrige in this country. Polygamy is illegal; it can't be discussed in a legal context until the impediments are removed.
<quoted text>
The discussion is about MARRIAGE. Trust me..... it ain't always civil.

Polygamy IS marriage, and thus relevant to the discussion. There's no denying that it's marriage, as to same sex intimate relationships being legally or otherwise, called "marriage", it all depends on the state and/or court. We both know that.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24758 Dec 30, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct if they come from a country where it is legal. For example, a Saudi prince may come here with his wives.
I didn't know that. To me that fact makes laws against poly seem even more absurd and discriminatory.

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#24759 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
We're talking about civil marriage which is the only legal form of marrige in this country. Polygamy is illegal; it can't be discussed in a legal context until the impediments are removed.
<quoted text>
I tried to connect the same dots with him yesterday to no avail. I think his collar is too tight.

Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24760 Dec 30, 2012
Q: Why was the Mormon upset about his marriage counseling bill?
A: He didn't get the group rate.

HAR!HAR!HAR! Loosen up folks! Buncha tightass squinty eyed scalawags!

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24761 Dec 30, 2012
One more for the road!

Q: What is one of the primary reasons the brethren put an end to multiple marriages?
A: Multiple mother-in-laws.

HAR!HAR!HAR! Funny!

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#24762 Dec 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is effectively illegal in most states. That doesn't mean we can't discuss it. Why can't I even mention poly without all the hostility?
I'm not looking for a harem. One woman is almost too much for me. I'm just interested in equal rights.
I think bringing up poly really livens up the discussion. So sue me!
I think the point ma be more that you are still drilling on it when we are agreeing with you. It doesn't make since to deny anyone equal rights. From children getting an equal education to women getting equal pay for equal work to equality in marriage and love, equality is equality. Fair is fair.

Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24763 Dec 30, 2012
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point ma be more that you are still drilling on it when we are agreeing with you. It doesn't make since to deny anyone equal rights. From children getting an equal education to women getting equal pay for equal work to equality in marriage and love, equality is equality. Fair is fair.
Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
That jackass Drew Smith sure is not agreeing with me! He's angry.

Yeah, blessings to you too toots.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#24764 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I scold people when they go off-topic, as you do. Funny that you can't figure out how to create your own thread to discuss your pet issue.
Because then he wouldn't get the attention he so desperately craves.

Ignore him and he'll go away.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24765 Dec 30, 2012
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
"Equality" does not mean all situations are treated the same. If it were there'd b urinals in the ladies bathrooms. When it comes to marriage and how it is defined legally, the same applies. This notion of "marriage equality" works as long as one believes no distinction should be made for gender. Two of a kind is just that. Two men/women are just that no more, no less. Two same sex __________ consenting adults, can just as easily form a spousal unit, as could a SSC. Why don't we call them marriage?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#24766 Dec 30, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
One more for the road!
Q: What is one of the primary reasons the brethren put an end to multiple marriages?
A: Multiple mother-in-laws.
HAR!HAR!HAR! Funny!
Ya know.....I always thought that'd b a downside to plural marriage. Funny stuff.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#24767 Dec 30, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Because then he wouldn't get the attention he so desperately craves.
Ignore him and he'll go away.
Aw shuddup Fruitloops! I don't have to beg people to ignore your boring posts, they do it willingly!

What a Jackass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 2 min GreatSouthbay4040 2,083
News CDC: Southerners' 'Racism' And 'Homophobia' Cau... 12 min Three Rounds 39
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Pietro Armando 36,225
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 47 min why 11,845
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 1 hr Ronald 993
News Gay student disciplined for wearing pro-LGBT sh... 1 hr Jonah1 12
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 10,314
More from around the web