Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 Full story: politix.topix.com 26,178

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22971 Nov 2, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I voted for McCain. Fellow Vietnam vet. POW for years. Locked in a cage. Poked with sticks. Tortured and beaten often. Malnutrition. No medical care. Psychological torture. Stop me anytime...
i wanted to, but then he picked Palin. i couldn't in any clear conscience vote for that ticket. his republican party, in it's current iteration, was tough enough to swallow.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#22972 Nov 2, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i wanted to, but then he picked Palin. i couldn't in any clear conscience vote for that ticket. his republican party, in it's current iteration, was tough enough to swallow.
In picking Sarah Palin, whom I have never liked nor supported in any way whatsoever, it makes me question McCain's judgment and wonder WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING ?!

If he was so intent on putting a woman on the ticket, there were far more better-prepared women that he could've picked.(A Republican female Senator perhaps ?)

(I have read that Condi Rice was actively campaigning for the VEEP spot behind the scenes, but that she was passed over because he was afraid too many people believe, rightly or wrongly, that she's a lesbian.)

SO WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING WHE HE PICKED THAT DUMBBELL SARAH PALIN ?!

(And I didn't vote for McCain in the POTUS election).

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#22973 Nov 2, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the myth of religion has caused more damage to this planet than anything else, so yes.
To society, I agree. But the planet doesn't really give a sh!t about religion. Remember, I'm a geologist (without capitol for no reason) so I know.

Funny stuff!

St. Croix valley

#22974 Nov 2, 2012
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
In picking Sarah Palin, whom I have never liked nor supported in any way whatsoever, it makes me question McCain's judgment and wonder WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING ?!
If he was so intent on putting a woman on the ticket, there were far more better-prepared women that he could've picked.(A Republican female Senator perhaps ?)
(I have read that Condi Rice was actively campaigning for the VEEP spot behind the scenes, but that she was passed over because he was afraid too many people believe, rightly or wrongly, that she's a lesbian.)
SO WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING WHE HE PICKED THAT DUMBBELL SARAH PALIN ?!
(And I didn't vote for McCain in the POTUS election).
i never heard about Condi, and she probably wanted to actually sleep after 8 years. she was also to close to Bush. that taint had to be run from hard and fast and it seems McCain couldn't run that fast or far...(no-one probably could have...)

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#22975 Nov 2, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never heard about Condi, and she probably wanted to actually sleep after 8 years. she was also to close to Bush. that taint had to be run from hard and fast and it seems McCain couldn't run that fast or far...(no-one probably could have...)
Wonder why she never fixed that gap toothed grin? Could certainly afford it. Good dental plan.

Funny.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22976 Nov 2, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Bush inherited a Jimmy Carter economy......and I thought Bush inherited a surplus instead of a deficit...which meant that this Country was doing fine, not in a recession, like when Obama took over.....and how do you think things would be under McCain right about now? Better? or the same? Maybe even worse? When a Country was in a mess like it was after Bush.....it will take some time to get back on track.....maybe 8 to 10 years........so, sorry, the President is moving this Country in the right direction.......just at a slow pace!!!
The day 9/11 happened, I was headed to work, and then when I go to work and turned on my computer and saw what had happened......it's all I could do not to want to go after those who were responsible......later, I sort of found out who was responsible and it showed by the countless violations to our Freedoms and to our Constitution.......and many folks were ready to do to the Muslim-Americans, what many DID DO to the Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor.......and that wasn't right either!!!
DON'T EVER QUESTION MY PATRIOTISM TO THIS COUNTRY.....MY colors DON'T run!!!
Thank you for showing us your grasp of patriotism and politics? Go back to your civics book, read and understand? Have you ever studied Islam the religion? Do so and get back to us? I never did question your patriotism, that's your nevermind... Also folks were not ready to do anything to Americans, they aren't Muslim-Americans they are Americans? Just as Blacks aren't African-Americans, they are Americans. This hyphenated stuff is crap? It's a play on words, Jesse(Jackass)Jackson & Jesse Jackson JR love to hang their fedoras around??

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#22977 Nov 2, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for showing us your grasp of patriotism and politics? Go back to your civics book, read and understand? Have you ever studied Islam the religion? Do so and get back to us? I never did question your patriotism, that's your nevermind... Also folks were not ready to do anything to Americans, they aren't Muslim-Americans they are Americans? Just as Blacks aren't African-Americans, they are Americans. This hyphenated stuff is crap? It's a play on words, Jesse(Jackass)Jackson & Jesse Jackson JR love to hang their fedoras around??
Sorry, I don't need to study the Islam religion to know that NOT all Muslim-Americans were at fault.....just like not ALL Japanese-Americans were at fault for the attack on Pearl harbor......but yet ALL got blamed for it.....THAT WAS WRONG THEN, and it's just as wrong now!!!

I understand both Patriotism and Politics and I've defended this Country, have you? I've take enough Political Science classes as well as Civic classes.....and I'm sorry you don't get it!!!

As for your BS about hyphenated Americans.....well, that is how they are referred as and it matters not whether you agree with it.

Again, my COLORS don't run and discrimination needs to stop!!!

Location hidden

#22978 Nov 2, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't need to study the Islam religion to know that NOT all Muslim-Americans were at fault.....just like not ALL Japanese-Americans were at fault for the attack on Pearl harbor......but yet ALL got blamed for it.....THAT WAS WRONG THEN, and it's just as wrong now!!!
I understand both Patriotism and Politics and I've defended this Country, have you? I've take enough Political Science classes as well as Civic classes.....and I'm sorry you don't get it!!!
As for your BS about hyphenated Americans.....well, that is how they are referred as and it matters not whether you agree with it.
Again, my COLORS don't run and discrimination needs to stop!!!
When did you defend this country?? Doesn't matter, has no bearing on religion. All Muslims are taught in their religion to reject and kill the infidel. An infidel is anyone who doesn't believe in Allah. BS about hyphenated Americans, when did they begin to be hyphenated Americans? Who really gives a rip but you? Americans are Americans. Hyphenated Americans discriminate, that's why they hyphenate their names? Gee Whiz for a veteran you surely aren't versed in American history. Give it up little girl your history belies you...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#22979 Nov 2, 2012
<quoted text>When did you defend this country?? Doesn't matter, has no bearing on religion. All Muslims are taught in their religion to reject and kill the infidel. An infidel is anyone who doesn't believe in Allah. BS about hyphenated Americans, when did they begin to be hyphenated Americans? Who really gives a rip but you? Americans are Americans. Hyphenated Americans discriminate, that's why they hyphenate their names? Gee Whiz for a veteran you surely aren't versed in American history. Give it up little girl your history belies you...
When I served......it's called defending this Country from all enemies foreign and domestic!!!

Sorry, but what they are taught and what they do, is not the same thing......many Christians are taught that Homosexuality is wrong, but some have gone out and killed them all in the name of their God, not right, illegal and they face the consequences of their actions.

Did all Japanese-Americans harm this Country the day Pearl Harbor was attacked? If not, why did they end up in the camps, losing their freedom and considered Terrorists? How long has this Country been paying for that error?

I see you are angry towards others and you have a right to be.....but what if your anger is pointed at the wrong people? What if the President at the time allowed our Country to be harmed in order to seek revenge on a Country he would not have been able to under normal circumstances?

If I were you.....I'd educate myself on what is more plausible that what you have been told!!!

Oh and don't placate me.....I'm far from being a little girl!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22980 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>When did you defend this country?? Doesn't matter, has no bearing on religion. All Muslims are taught in their religion to reject and kill the infidel. An infidel is anyone who doesn't believe in Allah. BS about hyphenated Americans, when did they begin to be hyphenated Americans? Who really gives a rip but you? Americans are Americans. Hyphenated Americans discriminate, that's why they hyphenate their names? Gee Whiz for a veteran you surely aren't versed in American history. Give it up little girl your history belies you...
That's not an accurate characterization of Islam. I still don't like it.

Christendom's hands are far from clean along those lines.

Location hidden

#22981 Nov 3, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
When I served......it's called defending this Country from all enemies foreign and domestic!!!
Sorry, but what they are taught and what they do, is not the same thing......many Christians are taught that Homosexuality is wrong, but some have gone out and killed them all in the name of their God, not right, illegal and they face the consequences of their actions.
Did all Japanese-Americans harm this Country the day Pearl Harbor was attacked? If not, why did they end up in the camps, losing their freedom and considered Terrorists? How long has this Country been paying for that error?
I see you are angry towards others and you have a right to be.....but what if your anger is pointed at the wrong people? What if the President at the time allowed our Country to be harmed in order to seek revenge on a Country he would not have been able to under normal circumstances?
If I were you.....I'd educate myself on what is more plausible that what you have been told!!!
Oh and don't placate me.....I'm far from being a little girl!!!
You're awmost as good as the Yeahoo changing the subject?? Almost... Gee Whiz, going off on tangents is your forte' isn't it? We see you've taken a page from Franklin Delano Roosevelt, on attacks against this country. Dumb Demorats.
Ok, I won't placate you, You are a BIG gurl, ain't cha??

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#22982 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>You're awmost as good as the Yeahoo changing the subject?? Almost... Gee Whiz, going off on tangents is your forte' isn't it? We see you've taken a page from Franklin Delano Roosevelt, on attacks against this country. Dumb Demorats.
Ok, I won't placate you, You are a BIG gurl, ain't cha??
Well, I've discovered one thing about ya.....you really are an idiot.....and can't even spell girl right......must be that idiot thing again.

Peace!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#22983 Nov 3, 2012
Actually, fucwit, both "crimes" and "misdemeanors" are legal terms that have fairly concise definitions. Incompetence is not an impeachable offense.

Clinton got impeached for lying under oath about getting a bj, not for the sex act itself.
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The President can be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors". Nowhere in Constitution does there exist a solid definition as to what that means. So Congress gets to make up its mind as to what is an impeachable offense. So yes, it is entirely possible for a President to be impeached for incompetence.
Hell Clinton got impeached for getting a blow job. I didn't agree with that at all!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#22984 Nov 3, 2012
You don't get an MS without having a field of concentration. Unless yours was in the noted fields, you're not an expert in the field.
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure she knows more about oil with her "been to college recently" education because she's an Obama supporter.
Even though I can spell and have a M.S. geology with 33 years experience I know less than her about oil because I am not an Obama supporter. I get it now!
Too funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#22986 Nov 3, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
You don't get an MS without having a field of concentration. Unless yours was in the noted fields, you're not an expert in the field.
<quoted text>
I really don't give a sh!t. If you want to believe that the young woman who cannot spell or even construct a sentence and has "been to college recently" knows more about oil than a geologist with 33 years experience fine with me jackass!

One wonders at your motivation though. Is it maybe because you like her politics better than mine? That's a very stupid way to be.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#22987 Nov 3, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, fucwit, both "crimes" and "misdemeanors" are legal terms that have fairly concise definitions. Incompetence is not an impeachable offense.
Clinton got impeached for lying under oath about getting a bj, not for the sex act itself.
<quoted text>
And Obama can be impeached for the same. I never said impeach him though. Some one else did. I just agreed it's possible. And it is.

All I want is answers. If you blindly accept his rather lame explanations, fine! It's a stupid way to be though.

What a biased dope!

Since: Mar 07

United States

#22988 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>When did you defend this country?? Doesn't matter, has no bearing on religion. All Muslims are taught in their religion to reject and kill the infidel. An infidel is anyone who doesn't believe in Allah...
Of course, all Muslims are NOT taught to kill anyone who is not Muslim, and more that the Bible teaches all Christians to stone disrespectful children, and conquer all enemies of God, slaughtering every man, woman, and wailing baby, leaving no living things within the walls of sacked towns.

It always depends on what you take from the teaching, and not the written words of it.

The God of the Old testament was a vicious, vindictive, and cruel creature, who extorted his followers to do terrible acts. Slaughtering babies, enslaving virgins. Lovely stuff, all in the name of Yahweh.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#22989 Nov 3, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, all Muslims are NOT taught to kill anyone who is not Muslim, and more that the Bible teaches all Christians to stone disrespectful children, and conquer all enemies of God, slaughtering every man, woman, and wailing baby, leaving no living things within the walls of sacked towns.
It always depends on what you take from the teaching, and not the written words of it.
The God of the Old testament was a vicious, vindictive, and cruel creature, who extorted his followers to do terrible acts. Slaughtering babies, enslaving virgins. Lovely stuff, all in the name of Yahweh.
Muslims good Christians bad in liberal lala land. We get it.

What a dope!

St. Croix valley

#22990 Nov 3, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why she never fixed that gap toothed grin? Could certainly afford it. Good dental plan.
Funny.
why would she? i think she's a very pretty woman.

St. Croix valley

#22991 Nov 3, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the deal when humans invent gods. The gods end up with human traits like the ones you mentioned.

Silly religions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 2,887
Gay British musician Elton John marries partner... 3 min Troll Stopper 4
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 7 min Wichita Romanian ... 20
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 8 min Troll Stopper 40
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 10 min Pietro Armando 5,045
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 10 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 21
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 min Joe fortuna 201,175
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 24 min Terra Firma 5,671
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 58 min HOLME 68,525
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr HOLME 26,775
More from around the web