Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26169 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22562 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
creating job.nority is not that miYou admit the rags to riches scenario rarely works but we shouldn't speak the truth about it? That's cruel.
It isn't possible to raise up the poor WHILE the vast amount of wqealth is being held by a tiny minority--and that minority is not creating jobs.
<quoted text>
Boy have you got yourself all twisted backwards.
The rags to riches "scenario" is a world wide human condition reality that few make it to the "riches" part.
It has ALWAYS been this way and it ALWAYS will be this way. No matter what the economical or the political situation in ANY country on Earth, this reality holds true.
EVERY society has poor people. EVERY society has rich people.

YOU propose "raising up" the poor by pulling the wealthy down and redistributing their wealth - which means you GIVE money to the "poor" that is TAKEN from the wealthy. That has NEVER worked in ANY society on Earth it has been tried.

YOU propose that YOU make the decision of WHO "gets" to be wealthy based solely in what YOU think is fair". You are wrong. A person's ultimate "status" as a rich person or a poor person, is to be left up to the individual themselves and their own ability to achieve it - IF they choose to do so.

You fall for the age old trap of misunderstanding reality, or you are an intentional mouthpiece promoting that misunderstanding and deceit.
YOU bash capitalism because it unequally and naturally sorts the rich from the poor, in favor of a system that "equalizes" and forces the people into shared mediocrity and misery.

Location hidden

#22563 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
You have such petty dreams.
Buying at tiffany's doesn't help the economy, twit. That's the rich paying the rich.
One of the first things the rich do is find ways of not paying taxes. That is not paying even their fair share, much less is proportion to their elevated status in terms of civil perks.
<quoted text>
Well gee Einstein, if there is a corrupt tax code system that has created so damn many lopp holes and shelters for one's monies, than of course they will "work the system" to their best advantage. DUH !!!

If you force legislated extortion on them, guess what happens to their "wealth" then dummy? They invent a better mouse trap and figure out ways to "shelter" it even more. HELLO !!!!
If you INCREASE their tax burden, guess what they do then Einstein? They PASS IT ON TO THOSE BELOW. Guess who pays them dumbass? The middle class and the poor.

If you are going to have an income tax at all, make damn sure it is actually fair - and the ONLY fair tax, is structured like sales tax - EQUAL PERCENTAGE RATES FOR ALL.

Location hidden

#22564 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
In many cultures, the goal is to be comfortable, not rich.
<quoted text>
Semantics.
Moot point.

Location hidden

#22565 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Crimes against the rich are given priority status. The rich are catered to in every political situation; one can argue that it is virtually impossible for the common man to hold office anymore. Who was the last person to hold the presidency who didn't have a million dollars or more? If a fire breaks out in an affluent neighborhood you're going to get a lot more fire personnel out there than the inner-city will. The list is endless.
<quoted text>
"The rich are catered to in every political situation"

TRUE IN EVERY SOCIETY ON EARTH !!!

Moot point.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22566 Oct 23, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Moot point.
Not during the French Revolution. The rich had their head cut off.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#22567 Oct 24, 2012
It's not moot at all. If they are getting governmental preference, they should be paying for it--and not in bribes.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Moot point.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22568 Oct 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's not moot at all. If they are getting governmental preference, they should be paying for it--and not in bribes.
<quoted text>
Gee Whiz, Who pays the bills, certainly not those on the Giverment dole.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22569 Oct 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Crimes against the rich are given priority status. The rich are catered to in every political situation; one can argue that it is virtually impossible for the common man to hold office anymore. Who was the last person to hold the presidency who didn't have a million dollars or more? If a fire breaks out in an affluent neighborhood you're going to get a lot more fire personnel out there than the inner-city will. The list is endless.
<quoted text>
Hardly true. Actually most inner cities have FD's much closer to them than affluent suburbs do.

thte fact is that the wealthy get teh same amount of gov't as everyone else. in fact, it ccould be argued that through gov't programs for the poor, they actually get more.

Indianapolis

#22570 Oct 24, 2012
That's because the rich don't want those ugly stations in their neighborhoods. But when one of those stately manors
need a call, they are going to get a faster response and more personnel/equipment.

The rich have far more influence on the government, and reap greater benefits. To say otherwise is to live in denial.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly true. Actually most inner cities have FD's much closer to them than affluent suburbs do.
thte fact is that the wealthy get teh same amount of gov't as everyone else. in fact, it ccould be argued that through gov't programs for the poor, they actually get more.

St. Croix valley

#22571 Oct 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's because the rich don't want those ugly stations in their neighborhoods. But when one of those stately manors
need a call, they are going to get a faster response and more personnel/equipment.
The rich have far more influence on the government, and reap greater benefits. To say otherwise is to live in denial.
<quoted text>
How would htat happen if they don't have those ugly stations in their neighborhood? Seems against logic, doesn't it?

Everyone can participate in the political process to the degree they wish to. it does not take money to do so.

Please elaborate on how the wealthy have this influence others cannot have for me...

Indianapolis

#22572 Oct 24, 2012
Wealthy neighborhoods are usually near poorer neighborhoods; the help have to live somewhere.

Yeah, a guy making $5K a year has the same access to government officials as the CEO of a corporation. Not even you believe that.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>How would htat happen if they don't have those ugly stations in their neighborhood? Seems against logic, doesn't it?
Everyone can participate in the political process to the degree they wish to. it does not take money to do so.
Please elaborate on how the wealthy have this influence others cannot have for me...

Location hidden

#22573 Oct 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wealthy neighborhoods are usually near poorer neighborhoods; the help have to live somewhere.
Yeah, a guy making $5K a year has the same access to government officials as the CEO of a corporation. Not even you believe that.
<quoted text>
Interesting.
I get phone calls from one of my senators about once a month and actually talk with him. I email many government officials often and actually get some back too.
I sure as hell ain't rich son.

Just like Woodtick said,(paraphrased) you get what you put into it. Most folks just sit back and whine and cry about things and never lift a finger to try and change their position or state of affairs. When was the last time you spoke with or emailed a US Senator or Representative on capitol hill? Did it concern the economy, or Iran, or USFS acts and actions, or grey wolves or did you just whine about same sex legislation?

Indianapolis

#22574 Oct 24, 2012
Which senator has so little to do that he/she is calling you every month? BS.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
I get phone calls from one of my senators about once a month and actually talk with him. I email many government officials often and actually get some back too.
I sure as hell ain't rich son.
Just like Woodtick said,(paraphrased) you get what you put into it. Most folks just sit back and whine and cry about things and never lift a finger to try and change their position or state of affairs. When was the last time you spoke with or emailed a US Senator or Representative on capitol hill? Did it concern the economy, or Iran, or USFS acts and actions, or grey wolves or did you just whine about same sex legislation?
stopgayabuse

Portland, OR

#22575 Oct 24, 2012
This is so important! I'm glad Obama has shown in belief in marriage equality. I found this great website that tries to promote this idea, check it out if you have a minute, at stopgayabuse.com

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22576 Oct 25, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Which senator has so little to do that he/she is calling you every month? BS.
<quoted text>
You don't know to many Congressmen do you, See my peter I'm 13? I've worked for one in his private business, and know a few more, I'm not well known. They take my calls anytime?

Indianapolis

#22577 Oct 25, 2012
Then you have a personal connection; not the same argument.
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know to many Congressmen do you, See my peter I'm 13? I've worked for one in his private business, and know a few more, I'm not well known. They take my calls anytime?

St. Croix valley

#22578 Oct 25, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't the 5K guy participate in the political process as much as the CEO?

Who affects the party more, the gal working from the grassroots, being a delgate for the party, helping make the platform, helping choose the candidates they endorse, or the guy who sends a check to the cndidate that the former helped pick?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#22579 Oct 25, 2012
Finally! Somebody stepping up!!!!!

Washington (CNN)-- The suspect in a shooting at a conservative Christian policy group in Washington faced attempted murder and other new charges on Wednesday, including a terrorism count not previously sought by prosecutors in any case.

Floyd Lee Corkins II, who previously pleaded not guilty to other charges related to the August shooting that wounded the building manager at the Family Research Council, is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday on the new allegations included in a superseding indictment.

They include attempted murder, aggravated assault, second-degree burglary -- all while armed -- and three counts of possession of a firearm during a crime of violence.

Corkins also was charged with committing an act of terrorism while armed, which had never previously been prosecuted.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#22581 Oct 27, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN is leftist?
You must be kidding me.
By your standards they are not but than your "news" comes from Mr Maddow.

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#22582 Oct 27, 2012
It about time when is he going to come out that he was abused by the pedophile that mentored him and gave him whiskey as a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 3 min Rational Jane 619
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 4 min NorCal Native 59
News As gay marriage fight continues in Kentucky, LG... 5 min lalala 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Terra Firma 25,981
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 15 min NorCal Native 3,437
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 16 min TomInElPaso 111
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 20 min Freebird USA 26
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 52 min Prep-for-Dep 1,298
More from around the web