Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26164 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22546 Oct 19, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a Chinese person that delivered that part to your doorstep?
Was it a Chinese person that sold the fuel to the delivery person for their truck?
Did you not benefit from the part itself?
What makes you think that the price would be the same if it was made in America?
Did you not just get through saying that it is greed that makes them outsource? If the price is the same either way in your mind, where is the greed in that example?
American parts are often unavailable. Yes, the price would be exactly the same or less if it were made here. The point is, people like Romney are involved in American business and they don't give a shit about anyone.

Location hidden

#22547 Oct 19, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a Chinese person that delivered that part to your doorstep?
Was it a Chinese person that sold the fuel to the delivery person for their truck?
Did you not benefit from the part itself?
What makes you think that the price would be the same if it was made in America?
Did you not just get through saying that it is greed that makes them outsource? If the price is the same either way in your mind, where is the greed in that example?
Red herring

Red herring

Not really. I haven't installed it.

Profit margins increase slightly short-term. In the long run we are selling ourselves down the drain. More people working means a better domestic economy.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22548 Oct 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring
Red herring
Profit margins increase slightly short-term. In the long run we are selling ourselves down the drain. More people working means a better domestic economy.
Oh nice, you copout on the first two. There is no red herring in that. It is a GLOBAL economy these days and these days are here to stay whether you like it or not. There is no way in hell that a product made anywhere in the world that is sold in the USA does not benefit, at leasst in some part, Americans.

"More people working means a better domestic economy."
Really? DUH !!!

You keep blaming business - ALL business people - as if they ALL are criminals and that sir, is a lie.
You know full well, that even you, on a personal basis, MUST make amends to your approach to life and your personal finances, when legislation is passed that effects your bottom line.
What do you do when your meds go up and you can no longer afford to get them where you did? You look for the best deal you can find. If that deal is to buy your meds from Mexico, you will do it and you know it.
It is the same with any business owner no matter the size of the business.

Location hidden

#22549 Oct 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring
Red herring
You constantly blame all business owners for the ills of our economy and blame their greed as the root cause. You then follow all that tripe with a sentence like this;

You bash and denigrate the very sources of the jobs that you say we need.
You continually tear down the very fabric of what made this society's economy what it once was.
You intentionally drive wedges between the working class and the ones they work for, and then wonder why there are not more people working.

Location hidden

#22550 Oct 20, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh nice, you copout on the first two. There is no red herring in that. It is a GLOBAL economy these days and these days are here to stay whether you like it or not. There is no way in hell that a product made anywhere in the world that is sold in the USA does not benefit, at leasst in some part, Americans.
Really? DUH !!!
You keep blaming business - ALL business people - as if they ALL are criminals and that sir, is a lie.
You know full well, that even you, on a personal basis, MUST make amends to your approach to life and your personal finances, when legislation is passed that effects your bottom line.
What do you do when your meds go up and you can no longer afford to get them where you did? You look for the best deal you can find. If that deal is to buy your meds from Mexico, you will do it and you know it.
It is the same with any business owner no matter the size of the business.
The global economy is a farce. We can't play without a level playing field. Sure we all have short term benefits from cheaper products. For example, I can buy a couple of tires made in China for my truck and save forty bucks. By doing so, my friends and neighbors don't work so they don't pay taxes. I shoot myself in the foot by doing that. We are killing ourselves with this free trade nonsense. What's more, those other countries a not really benefiting. Take Mexico for example. The average wage in Mexico is seventy dollars a week. The average home rental is $1,200. Those people are no better off so they come here looking for work.

So you bring up medication. You must be kidding me. The big pharmaceutical lobby drives medications way beyond what they are worth. I often purchase mine on the internet. You and I probably agree on a great many things. If we worked together toward a solution we could make this a great country again.

Location hidden

#22551 Oct 20, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You constantly blame all business owners for the ills of our economy and blame their greed as the root cause. You then follow all that tripe with a sentence like this;
You continually tear down the very fabric of what made this society's economy what it once was.
You intentionally drive wedges between the working class and the ones they work for, and then wonder why there are not more people working.
I don't blame business owners. I blame greedy speculators and special interest groups. I blame their propaganda machines and stupid people who buy into the BS they put out.

Location hidden

#22552 Oct 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The global economy is a farce. We can't play without a level playing field. Sure we all have short term benefits from cheaper products. For example, I can buy a couple of tires made in China for my truck and save forty bucks. By doing so, my friends and neighbors don't work so they don't pay taxes. I shoot myself in the foot by doing that. We are killing ourselves with this free trade nonsense. What's more, those other countries a not really benefiting. Take Mexico for example. The average wage in Mexico is seventy dollars a week. The average home rental is $1,200. Those people are no better off so they come here looking for work.
So you bring up medication. You must be kidding me. The big pharmaceutical lobby drives medications way beyond what they are worth. I often purchase mine on the internet. You and I probably agree on a great many things. If we worked together toward a solution we could make this a great country again.
Well, at least you stopped blaming all business and business owners and actually started to address some real things of note - like matching reciprocal tariffs and such.

Location hidden

#22553 Oct 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame business owners. I blame greedy speculators and special interest groups. I blame their propaganda machines and stupid people who buy into the BS they put out.
Really?
You spent quite a bit of screen time bashing greedy business owners and one in particular. You said that business owners are greedy and do not give a shit about anyone but themselves.
Do I have you confused with another Waste Water?
Did I misread your words?

Location hidden

#22554 Oct 20, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You spent quite a bit of screen time bashing greedy business owners and one in particular. You said that business owners are greedy and do not give a shit about anyone but themselves.
Do I have you confused with another Waste Water?
Did I misread your words?
Which greedy business owner have I bashed?

Bear false witness much?

Location hidden

#22555 Oct 20, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you stopped blaming all business and business owners and actually started to address some real things of note - like matching reciprocal tariffs and such.
I believe Iacocca had the right idea about a level playing field. How about you?

Location hidden

#22556 Oct 20, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What jobs? Starbucks and McDonalds? You must be kidding me.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#22557 Oct 22, 2012
creating job.nority is not that miYou admit the rags to riches scenario rarely works but we shouldn't speak the truth about it? That's cruel.

It isn't possible to raise up the poor WHILE the vast amount of wqealth is being held by a tiny minority--and that minority is not creating jobs.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should stick to arguing for your singular gay rights cause my friend, and avoid branching out into other areas. You are better at that cause and purpose.
You argue against your own point when you say > "it is economically impossible to "raise up" the poor.", but yet you do not keep that from stopping you trying, by forcefully taking from the rich and giving it to the poor. Your way KEEPS them poor.
The American dream way, creates incentive, and yes, only a few will succeed to their wildest dreams. It allows them TO dream about better days and strive to get there. Almost all of them, will in fact however, utilize that image and motivation of the American dream, to gain a footing that is a better and higher footing than they started out with and from, and THAT my friend is the goal - to keep on dreaming that dream, and keep on living the life that the dream elevates you to - whatever level that may be that the dream takes you.
Killing the dream by saying it only works for a select few is not only a travesty and a serious mistake. As an American, it is unforgivable and treachery to the American people themselves, and the principles that uphold their dreams.
You give me a shelf stocker with a dream - an American dream - and I'll show you someone capable of making history and a good living. You show me someone without a dream, and I'll give you a stock clerk , or a beggar, and nothing more.

Indianapolis

#22558 Oct 22, 2012
You have such petty dreams.

Buying at tiffany's doesn't help the economy, twit. That's the rich paying the rich.

One of the first things the rich do is find ways of not paying taxes. That is not paying even their fair share, much less is proportion to their elevated status in terms of civil perks.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
They do.
They shop in shops that you and I do not as we can not afford it.
They fly first class and I fly coach. I do not hate them for it like you do however. I strive to get to the point where I can afford it too. You do not strive for such apparently, and prefer to eliminate first class from the plane, and from our society as a whole.
Are you going to continue to pretend that the poor do not dream of flying first class some day? What happens to their dream when you forcefully remove first class from the plane? Do they then dream of handouts and next month's allowance from federal extortion money? You think that dream noble and worthy of seeking?

Indianapolis

#22559 Oct 22, 2012
In many cultures, the goal is to be comfortable, not rich.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the rags to riches model is the ONLY one in the world sir. It is THE goal the world over my friend.
What you meant to say is that only a small percentage of people in the world ever become truly monetarily wealthy. THAT sir, is true in every single society on Earth, irregardless of their political structure, or the people in question. It always has been thus and thus twill always be.
If becoming wealthy was easy sir, there would be no such thing as the poor.

Indianapolis

#22560 Oct 22, 2012
Crimes against the rich are given priority status. The rich are catered to in every political situation; one can argue that it is virtually impossible for the common man to hold office anymore. Who was the last person to hold the presidency who didn't have a million dollars or more? If a fire breaks out in an affluent neighborhood you're going to get a lot more fire personnel out there than the inner-city will. The list is endless.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would like to argue that point. Please explain to me how the wealthy get more government than the poor.

Location hidden

#22562 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
creating job.nority is not that miYou admit the rags to riches scenario rarely works but we shouldn't speak the truth about it? That's cruel.
It isn't possible to raise up the poor WHILE the vast amount of wqealth is being held by a tiny minority--and that minority is not creating jobs.
<quoted text>
Boy have you got yourself all twisted backwards.
The rags to riches "scenario" is a world wide human condition reality that few make it to the "riches" part.
It has ALWAYS been this way and it ALWAYS will be this way. No matter what the economical or the political situation in ANY country on Earth, this reality holds true.
EVERY society has poor people. EVERY society has rich people.

YOU propose "raising up" the poor by pulling the wealthy down and redistributing their wealth - which means you GIVE money to the "poor" that is TAKEN from the wealthy. That has NEVER worked in ANY society on Earth it has been tried.

YOU propose that YOU make the decision of WHO "gets" to be wealthy based solely in what YOU think is fair". You are wrong. A person's ultimate "status" as a rich person or a poor person, is to be left up to the individual themselves and their own ability to achieve it - IF they choose to do so.

You fall for the age old trap of misunderstanding reality, or you are an intentional mouthpiece promoting that misunderstanding and deceit.
YOU bash capitalism because it unequally and naturally sorts the rich from the poor, in favor of a system that "equalizes" and forces the people into shared mediocrity and misery.

Location hidden

#22563 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
You have such petty dreams.
Buying at tiffany's doesn't help the economy, twit. That's the rich paying the rich.
One of the first things the rich do is find ways of not paying taxes. That is not paying even their fair share, much less is proportion to their elevated status in terms of civil perks.
<quoted text>
Well gee Einstein, if there is a corrupt tax code system that has created so damn many lopp holes and shelters for one's monies, than of course they will "work the system" to their best advantage. DUH !!!

If you force legislated extortion on them, guess what happens to their "wealth" then dummy? They invent a better mouse trap and figure out ways to "shelter" it even more. HELLO !!!!
If you INCREASE their tax burden, guess what they do then Einstein? They PASS IT ON TO THOSE BELOW. Guess who pays them dumbass? The middle class and the poor.

If you are going to have an income tax at all, make damn sure it is actually fair - and the ONLY fair tax, is structured like sales tax - EQUAL PERCENTAGE RATES FOR ALL.

Location hidden

#22564 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
In many cultures, the goal is to be comfortable, not rich.
<quoted text>
Semantics.
Moot point.

Location hidden

#22565 Oct 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Crimes against the rich are given priority status. The rich are catered to in every political situation; one can argue that it is virtually impossible for the common man to hold office anymore. Who was the last person to hold the presidency who didn't have a million dollars or more? If a fire breaks out in an affluent neighborhood you're going to get a lot more fire personnel out there than the inner-city will. The list is endless.
<quoted text>
"The rich are catered to in every political situation"

TRUE IN EVERY SOCIETY ON EARTH !!!

Moot point.

Location hidden

#22566 Oct 23, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"The rich are catered to in every political situation"
TRUE IN EVERY SOCIETY ON EARTH !!!
Moot point.
Not during the French Revolution. The rich had their head cut off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min lides 13,227
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 3 min South Knox Hombre 8
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 13 min lides 1,006
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min lides 37,453
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 18 min lides 59
Why Do People Turn Gay? 1 hr Blackice5434 16
BIG 4th OF JULY EXTRAVAGANZA 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 17
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 8 hr Quirky 1,022
More from around the web