Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: politix.topix.com

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Comments
21,701 - 21,720 of 26,178 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22541
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
...
it is economically impossible to "raise up" the poor.
<quoted text>
It is impossible to do with the money of others being given to them, and you are correct. That is why we must maintain a system that allows them to make that individual decision and accomplishmnet themselves.
It is not capitalism that is the villian here. It is the intentional rigging of the system so that it profits the rich even more.
What you advocate is to shitcan the whole enchilada of capitalism in favor of just an empty shell, when it is only the cheese (politicians) that is rotten and taints the enchilada. Tis much wiser to throw out the rotten cheese and garnish the enchilada with fresh cheese to return the palatable flavor of the enchilada.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22542
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

cpeter1313 wrote:
Are you going to pretend that the rich do not benefit more from the government and from civil activities than the poor do? They have greater access and priority status. Why should they not pay proportionately for that?
<quoted text>
Just how is it that the rich get more from government or civil activities than the poor? The rich have greater access to what - exactly?

A flat tax percentage across the board IS in fact a proportionate payment.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22543
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible to do with the money of others being given to them, and you are correct. That is why we must maintain a system that allows them to make that individual decision and accomplishmnet themselves.
It is not capitalism that is the villian here. It is the intentional rigging of the system so that it profits the rich even more.
What you advocate is to shitcan the whole enchilada of capitalism in favor of just an empty shell, when it is only the cheese (politicians) that is rotten and taints the enchilada. Tis much wiser to throw out the rotten cheese and garnish the enchilada with fresh cheese to return the palatable flavor of the enchilada.
<It is not capitalism that is the villian here. It is the intentional rigging of the system so that it profits the rich even more.>

Just say no to Romney will be a good start.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22544
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing others down? Surely you jest!
Suppose wealthy people acted in their own enlightened self interest. They would realize that keeping jobs and companies alive and well rather than outsourcing, is in their best interest. The same with supporting broad based health care programs rather than the shoddy parasitic insurance/big business model. More people working means more people can pay taxes and spend money, which in turn makes rich people richer. If small business owners did not bear the burden of health care and workers comp, more people would get hired. I bought a part for my Ford Truck the other day. It was made in China. I did not benefit from the fact it was made in China because the price I paid was just as much as it would cost to make it at home. The parasites profited, not me. The parasites made money rather than American workers. Get the picture?
Was it a Chinese person that delivered that part to your doorstep?
Was it a Chinese person that sold the fuel to the delivery person for their truck?
Did you not benefit from the part itself?
What makes you think that the price would be the same if it was made in America?
Did you not just get through saying that it is greed that makes them outsource? If the price is the same either way in your mind, where is the greed in that example?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22545
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
<It is not capitalism that is the villian here. It is the intentional rigging of the system so that it profits the rich even more.>
Just say no to Romney will be a good start.
Why? So that our industries can be owned by the government instead of your neighbor?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22546
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a Chinese person that delivered that part to your doorstep?
Was it a Chinese person that sold the fuel to the delivery person for their truck?
Did you not benefit from the part itself?
What makes you think that the price would be the same if it was made in America?
Did you not just get through saying that it is greed that makes them outsource? If the price is the same either way in your mind, where is the greed in that example?
American parts are often unavailable. Yes, the price would be exactly the same or less if it were made here. The point is, people like Romney are involved in American business and they don't give a shit about anyone.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22547
Oct 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a Chinese person that delivered that part to your doorstep?
Was it a Chinese person that sold the fuel to the delivery person for their truck?
Did you not benefit from the part itself?
What makes you think that the price would be the same if it was made in America?
Did you not just get through saying that it is greed that makes them outsource? If the price is the same either way in your mind, where is the greed in that example?
Red herring

Red herring

Not really. I haven't installed it.

Profit margins increase slightly short-term. In the long run we are selling ourselves down the drain. More people working means a better domestic economy.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22548
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring
Red herring
Not really. I haven't installed it.
Profit margins increase slightly short-term. In the long run we are selling ourselves down the drain. More people working means a better domestic economy.
Oh nice, you copout on the first two. There is no red herring in that. It is a GLOBAL economy these days and these days are here to stay whether you like it or not. There is no way in hell that a product made anywhere in the world that is sold in the USA does not benefit, at leasst in some part, Americans.

"More people working means a better domestic economy."
Really? DUH !!!

You keep blaming business - ALL business people - as if they ALL are criminals and that sir, is a lie.
You know full well, that even you, on a personal basis, MUST make amends to your approach to life and your personal finances, when legislation is passed that effects your bottom line.
What do you do when your meds go up and you can no longer afford to get them where you did? You look for the best deal you can find. If that deal is to buy your meds from Mexico, you will do it and you know it.
It is the same with any business owner no matter the size of the business.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22549
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring
Red herring
Not really. I haven't installed it.
Profit margins increase slightly short-term. In the long run we are selling ourselves down the drain. More people working means a better domestic economy.
You constantly blame all business owners for the ills of our economy and blame their greed as the root cause. You then follow all that tripe with a sentence like this;
"More people working means a better domestic economy."

You bash and denigrate the very sources of the jobs that you say we need.
You continually tear down the very fabric of what made this society's economy what it once was.
You intentionally drive wedges between the working class and the ones they work for, and then wonder why there are not more people working.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22550
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh nice, you copout on the first two. There is no red herring in that. It is a GLOBAL economy these days and these days are here to stay whether you like it or not. There is no way in hell that a product made anywhere in the world that is sold in the USA does not benefit, at leasst in some part, Americans.
"More people working means a better domestic economy."
Really? DUH !!!
You keep blaming business - ALL business people - as if they ALL are criminals and that sir, is a lie.
You know full well, that even you, on a personal basis, MUST make amends to your approach to life and your personal finances, when legislation is passed that effects your bottom line.
What do you do when your meds go up and you can no longer afford to get them where you did? You look for the best deal you can find. If that deal is to buy your meds from Mexico, you will do it and you know it.
It is the same with any business owner no matter the size of the business.
The global economy is a farce. We can't play without a level playing field. Sure we all have short term benefits from cheaper products. For example, I can buy a couple of tires made in China for my truck and save forty bucks. By doing so, my friends and neighbors don't work so they don't pay taxes. I shoot myself in the foot by doing that. We are killing ourselves with this free trade nonsense. What's more, those other countries a not really benefiting. Take Mexico for example. The average wage in Mexico is seventy dollars a week. The average home rental is $1,200. Those people are no better off so they come here looking for work.

So you bring up medication. You must be kidding me. The big pharmaceutical lobby drives medications way beyond what they are worth. I often purchase mine on the internet. You and I probably agree on a great many things. If we worked together toward a solution we could make this a great country again.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22551
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You constantly blame all business owners for the ills of our economy and blame their greed as the root cause. You then follow all that tripe with a sentence like this;
"More people working means a better domestic economy."
You bash and denigrate the very sources of the jobs that you say we need.
You continually tear down the very fabric of what made this society's economy what it once was.
You intentionally drive wedges between the working class and the ones they work for, and then wonder why there are not more people working.
I don't blame business owners. I blame greedy speculators and special interest groups. I blame their propaganda machines and stupid people who buy into the BS they put out.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22552
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The global economy is a farce. We can't play without a level playing field. Sure we all have short term benefits from cheaper products. For example, I can buy a couple of tires made in China for my truck and save forty bucks. By doing so, my friends and neighbors don't work so they don't pay taxes. I shoot myself in the foot by doing that. We are killing ourselves with this free trade nonsense. What's more, those other countries a not really benefiting. Take Mexico for example. The average wage in Mexico is seventy dollars a week. The average home rental is $1,200. Those people are no better off so they come here looking for work.
So you bring up medication. You must be kidding me. The big pharmaceutical lobby drives medications way beyond what they are worth. I often purchase mine on the internet. You and I probably agree on a great many things. If we worked together toward a solution we could make this a great country again.
Well, at least you stopped blaming all business and business owners and actually started to address some real things of note - like matching reciprocal tariffs and such.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22553
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame business owners. I blame greedy speculators and special interest groups. I blame their propaganda machines and stupid people who buy into the BS they put out.
Really?
You spent quite a bit of screen time bashing greedy business owners and one in particular. You said that business owners are greedy and do not give a shit about anyone but themselves.
Do I have you confused with another Waste Water?
Did I misread your words?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22554
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You spent quite a bit of screen time bashing greedy business owners and one in particular. You said that business owners are greedy and do not give a shit about anyone but themselves.
Do I have you confused with another Waste Water?
Did I misread your words?
Which greedy business owner have I bashed?

Bear false witness much?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22555
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you stopped blaming all business and business owners and actually started to address some real things of note - like matching reciprocal tariffs and such.
I believe Iacocca had the right idea about a level playing field. How about you?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22556
Oct 20, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You constantly blame all business owners for the ills of our economy and blame their greed as the root cause. You then follow all that tripe with a sentence like this;
"More people working means a better domestic economy."
You bash and denigrate the very sources of the jobs that you say we need.
You continually tear down the very fabric of what made this society's economy what it once was.
You intentionally drive wedges between the working class and the ones they work for, and then wonder why there are not more people working.
What jobs? Starbucks and McDonalds? You must be kidding me.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22557
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

creating job.nority is not that miYou admit the rags to riches scenario rarely works but we shouldn't speak the truth about it? That's cruel.

It isn't possible to raise up the poor WHILE the vast amount of wqealth is being held by a tiny minority--and that minority is not creating jobs.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should stick to arguing for your singular gay rights cause my friend, and avoid branching out into other areas. You are better at that cause and purpose.
You argue against your own point when you say > "it is economically impossible to "raise up" the poor.", but yet you do not keep that from stopping you trying, by forcefully taking from the rich and giving it to the poor. Your way KEEPS them poor.
The American dream way, creates incentive, and yes, only a few will succeed to their wildest dreams. It allows them TO dream about better days and strive to get there. Almost all of them, will in fact however, utilize that image and motivation of the American dream, to gain a footing that is a better and higher footing than they started out with and from, and THAT my friend is the goal - to keep on dreaming that dream, and keep on living the life that the dream elevates you to - whatever level that may be that the dream takes you.
Killing the dream by saying it only works for a select few is not only a travesty and a serious mistake. As an American, it is unforgivable and treachery to the American people themselves, and the principles that uphold their dreams.
You give me a shelf stocker with a dream - an American dream - and I'll show you someone capable of making history and a good living. You show me someone without a dream, and I'll give you a stock clerk , or a beggar, and nothing more.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22558
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

You have such petty dreams.

Buying at tiffany's doesn't help the economy, twit. That's the rich paying the rich.

One of the first things the rich do is find ways of not paying taxes. That is not paying even their fair share, much less is proportion to their elevated status in terms of civil perks.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
They do.
They shop in shops that you and I do not as we can not afford it.
They fly first class and I fly coach. I do not hate them for it like you do however. I strive to get to the point where I can afford it too. You do not strive for such apparently, and prefer to eliminate first class from the plane, and from our society as a whole.
Are you going to continue to pretend that the poor do not dream of flying first class some day? What happens to their dream when you forcefully remove first class from the plane? Do they then dream of handouts and next month's allowance from federal extortion money? You think that dream noble and worthy of seeking?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22559
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

In many cultures, the goal is to be comfortable, not rich.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the rags to riches model is the ONLY one in the world sir. It is THE goal the world over my friend.
What you meant to say is that only a small percentage of people in the world ever become truly monetarily wealthy. THAT sir, is true in every single society on Earth, irregardless of their political structure, or the people in question. It always has been thus and thus twill always be.
If becoming wealthy was easy sir, there would be no such thing as the poor.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22560
Oct 22, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Crimes against the rich are given priority status. The rich are catered to in every political situation; one can argue that it is virtually impossible for the common man to hold office anymore. Who was the last person to hold the presidency who didn't have a million dollars or more? If a fire breaks out in an affluent neighborhood you're going to get a lot more fire personnel out there than the inner-city will. The list is endless.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would like to argue that point. Please explain to me how the wealthy get more government than the poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 9 min Frankie Rizzo 152
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 10 min Ethan Allen 770
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 14 min Naz1Croatia-Allie... 719
Study: Men, lesbians more likely to have orgasms 21 min Latter Day Taints 7
White, straight women leading surge in infertil... 24 min Latter Day Taints 6
Virginia prepares for possibility of gay marriage 26 min Latter Day Taints 27
Gay marriage fight returns (Apr '09) 29 min carlina 76
Biggest Gay Lies 47 min Diablo 1,529
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr GAY BOB 54,789
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 1 hr Bruno 744
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,969

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
•••