Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26163 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22462 Oct 9, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey the goofy straw polls associated with Topix had Meg Whitman winning by a landslide too. Obama will win and the corporate media will look all the more stupid and irrelevant along with the bull shit polls.
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
Joseph Stalin

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#22463 Oct 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What's with all you fking Fa$$ots and your cats?? You molesting cats these days also ????
They certainly do love those cats and seems they collect them as think not one has less than 30 cats.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#22464 Oct 9, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The real fun is going to be to watch those reveling in their Obama Derangement Syndrome just a knowing they got themselves the non-Obama, as the reality of four more years hits home. Tick, tick, tick, tick.....
Lol what world do you live in?

Romney has had a major bounce and this came from your leftist CNN.

Let me add to that, Republicans we are going to vote , are your dem "My babies mama" bunch going to vote?

Lol please.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#22465 Oct 9, 2012
I have two cats; both were rescues from straight people who treated them horribly. We do tend to rescue pets you people mistreat, just like we often adopt the kids you people throw away.
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly do love those cats and seems they collect them as think not one has less than 30 cats.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#22466 Oct 9, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Hey the goofy straw polls associated with Topix had Meg Whitman winning by a landslide too. Obama will win and the corporate media will look all the more stupid and irrelevant along with the bull shit polls.
Topix polls are pretty useless in telling anyone anything about anything other than how f'd in the head that some of this site's users are. The state by state polls do show a little slippage, he's gone from solidly leading to barely leading in a few states, but he doesn't even need all of those to win. Romney needs not only the ones where the ones he's barely leading, but all the ones where Obama's barely leading and one or two where the Obamanator has probably already won to win. Mittens is toasted.

The "Vote No, don't legalize discrimination" signs came in today and are going up around town, they're getting at least a one day jump on the repealers. Saw at least half a dozen, that I wasn't to blame for and I really didn't get very far around town today. Hopeful, but there's been no published polling yet.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22467 Oct 9, 2012
"No, don't legalize discrimination" signs?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22468 Oct 9, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I have two cats; both were rescues from straight people who treated them horribly. We do tend to rescue pets you people mistreat, just like we often adopt the kids you people throw away.
<quoted text>
Too RIGHT !

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#22469 Oct 9, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
"No, don't legalize discrimination" signs?
Salina's (the community where I am posting from) city commission, recently added sexual orientation and gender identity to the city's human rights ordinance, joining race, ethnicity, sex, religion, disability, veteran's status and familial status. This of course did not please certain elements in our community, who have now forced a yes or no vote on its repeal. Hence, "Vote No, don't legalize discrimination" on the yard signs.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22470 Oct 9, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
Joseph Stalin
YAWN

Who the hell cares what Stalin had to say?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22471 Oct 9, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol what world do you live in?
Romney has had a major bounce and this came from your leftist CNN.
Let me add to that, Republicans we are going to vote , are your dem "My babies mama" bunch going to vote?
Lol please.
CNN is leftist?

You must be kidding me.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22472 Oct 9, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Q was entertaining, but don't you agree that the characters on all those shows represented various entities. For example, Klingons seem to be bikers on steroids. Q seems to be some kind of higher being character gone bad. ferengi represent capitalists. Romuluns are like the Roman empire. The Borg are like communists taken to an extreme.
Ideas?
q was a god figure. all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful. he was capable of changing both time and space.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22473 Oct 10, 2012
What we are REALLY fighting to prevent ...

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#22475 Oct 10, 2012
snyper wrote:
What we are REALLY fighting to prevent ...
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...
The bizarre marriage of Religion and State that goes on in Germany; where if they play their legal corporate statuses right, they get the state to fleece their respective flocks for them? Or the Catholic Church hierarchy self-immolating, by screaming like money grubbing wh*res demanding payment for their tricks from those faithful who aren't as faithful with their required taxes?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22476 Oct 10, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
"No, don't legalize discrimination" signs?
Racial discrimination is already legalized. They call it Affirmative Action.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22477 Oct 10, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The bizarre marriage of Religion and State that goes on in Germany; where if they play their legal corporate statuses right, they get the state to fleece their respective flocks for them? Or the Catholic Church hierarchy self-immolating, by screaming like money grubbing wh*res demanding payment for their tricks from those faithful who aren't as faithful with their required taxes?
I noticed no mention was made of how much the other two faiths, Protestantism, and Judaism, receive, and how that plays out among their hierarchy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22478 Oct 10, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Salina's (the community where I am posting from) city commission, recently added sexual orientation and gender identity to the city's human rights ordinance, joining race, ethnicity, sex, religion, disability, veteran's status and familial status. This of course did not please certain elements in our community, who have now forced a yes or no vote on its repeal. Hence, "Vote No, don't legalize discrimination" on the yard signs.
What about age, weight, or economic status?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#22479 Oct 10, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
What about age, weight, or economic status?
I knew I was forgetting at least one. Here's the complete list:

"The Salina Human Relations Commission is a civil rights enforcement agency. It investigates complaints from persons alleging they have been discriminated against in employment, housing, or public accommodations because of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age (40-70), ancestry, or disability, in addition to familial status in housing."

http://www.salina-ks.gov/content/126/244/defa...

No substantial protections on the basis of economic status and I imagine if your weight has become disabling, you might have a reasoned argument.

As far as I know, there are relatively few complaints filed each year on any basis and are usually settled through mediation. None of these other "suspect classifications" have ever been subjected to a public vote as to their approval.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#22480 Oct 10, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
I noticed no mention was made of how much the other two faiths, Protestantism, and Judaism, receive, and how that plays out among their hierarchy.
I hadn't heard of this state sanctioned and regulated fleecing of a religion's faithful, until it was mentioned in the article. From what I read elsewhere, each "religion/sect" gets a cut based on their number of registered adherents within the taxing unit (state by state) after the central government skims "administration expenses" off the top. I haven't seen who ends up with how much other than what the Catholic's share in the extortion is in this article.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#22481 Oct 10, 2012
In this country, our hatred for taxes would probably result in nobody attending religious services anymore. That might not be a bard thing.
snyper wrote:
What we are REALLY fighting to prevent ...
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22482 Oct 10, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
q was a god figure. all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful. he was capable of changing both time and space.
Of course he was. He as an immature God figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 12 min June VanDerMark 11,701
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min lides 40,187
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 42 min lides 18,140
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 57 min Hostess 92
News Transgender stories: when you are born in the w... 1 hr Cookie 2
News I'd vote for gay marriage: Hanson 1 hr TRUMAN 6
News Racist, Sexist, Anti-Gay! Milo Milo Go Away': W... 3 hr JohnInToronto 1
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 12 hr VOTE TRUMP 68,985
More from around the web