Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26163 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22363 Sep 23, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? This is nothing but a red herring.
DISMISSED
NEXT
What specifically are you calling a red herring?

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#22366 Sep 24, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So you acknowledge your error, good. Adultery, is, a crime in certain states.
Its either a same sex marriage or an opposite sex marriage. Let's be accurate here.
Hellllooooo.....gender is the SIGNIFICANT difference between SSM and OSM, and the state's interest.
Marriage is marriage. I don't go around saying "Yeah, we're gay married.."
Do you tell people you're opposite sex married? Probably not...

So gender is the ONLY significant difference? Thanks for admitting that. Now tell me why genders make any difference in the nature and intent of civil marriage. And why does the state have any interest to deny marriage based on gender alone?

Location hidden

#22367 Sep 24, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
See....now you're changing things here. I point out differences, as you asked, and you don't wish to acknowledge that.
Hmmmmm.....I don't know on that. SSM is so new the courts haven't had sufficient time to deal with SSD. Did ya know lesbians have a higher divorce rate than gay men? At least according to.....
I couldn't C&P all of the article, interesting reading though. Make one wonder how the numbers will play out, and have played out here since SSM became legal in some states.
http://bigthink.com/dollars-and-sex/are-lesbi...
Are Lesbian Marriages Doomed for Failure?
Marina Adshade on April 3, 2012, 3:55 PM
Extreme Biology
"Lesbian break-ups can apparently be bitchier than gay men's.” wrote columnist Giles Hattersley in the Sunday Times this weekend as he speculated his way through a piece on why 62% of civil union dissolutions (i.e. divorces) in the UK are between women despite the fact that lesbian relationships only represent 44% of civil partnerships in that country.
Hattersley gives several reasons for why married lesbians can’t seem to stay together (which I will outline below) but ignores the obvious explanations – divorces are almost always instigated by women and people who have already been married once are more likely to divorce in the future.
In the UK, same sex couples can form legally recognized relationships, akin to marriages, and have had this right since the Civil Partnership Act came into effect in December 2005. Just like marriages these unions can be dissolved via a legal process similar to a divorce (which in the UK requires someone to be at fault).
The most recent evidence from the UK Office of National Statistics finds that homosexual couples that joined in 2005 were significantly less likely to have filed for dissolution four years later than heterosexual couples were to have filed for divorce: 2.5% compared to 5.5%.
As Hattersley points out, however, male couples were much less likely to dissolve their relationship than were female couples: By the end of 2010, 1.6 % of male civil partnerships had ended in dissolution compared to 3.3 % of female partnerships.
This is not to say that women in homosexual partnerships are more likely to experience dissolution than are women in heterosexual partnerships, however, but Hattersley ignores this when he comes up with his list to reasons why lesbian women dissolve civil unions more frequently than gay men.
His list of reasons include:
1. Women are impulsive when it comes to commitment and without having men to temper that impulsivity lesbians rush into relationships too quickly.(He writes “Could it be that the cliché of a woman's thirst for commitment is more dangerous when directed at another woman?)
2. Men are more pragmatic when it comes to relationships whereas women are overly emotional and tend to react to small things men would ignore.
3. Lesbian women have higher standards for their partner’s behavior than do heterosexual women who are more willing to accept that boys will be boys (specifically when they unfaithful).
4. Women in relationships “often fuse themselves too closely together,” leaving one or the other feeling the need to be out just so they feel like themselves again.
He also says something about women not being able to think straight with their biological clocks pounding in their ears, but to be honest with you I had no idea what the argument was.
Interesting, I suppose. But not a reason to deny marriage to an entire minority. "You can't get married because you might get divorced." Hmmmm...
Seems there are other relationships we could apply this theory to as well.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22368 Sep 24, 2012
RatherBeInMissouri wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is marriage. I don't go around saying "Yeah, we're gay married.."
That would sound silly.
Here, try this;
"Yeah, we're happily married."

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#22369 Sep 24, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither YOU or Pete are educating me in this cause or on this issue...
I would like to think that at the very least, I've offered a different perspective, if not an education, on the issue.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#22371 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Interesting, I suppose. But not a reason to deny marriage to an entire minority. "You can't get married because you might get divorced." Hmmmm...
That's not the reason, just some food for thought. It would seem that FSSCs formalize their relationships whether it be marriage or civil union/domestic partnership, at a higher rate than MSSCs, yet female couples "divorce" at a higher rate than the male couples as well.

Any thoughts on that, or will you issue a "DISMISSED, NEXT" response?
Seems there are other relationships we could apply this theory to as well.
By all means please enlighten me, let the spirit move you.

Location hidden

#22372 Sep 24, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That would sound silly.
Here, try this;
"Yeah, we're happily married."
LOL Good one! ;)

Location hidden

#22373 Sep 24, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the reason, just some food for thought. It would seem that FSSCs formalize their relationships whether it be marriage or civil union/domestic partnership, at a higher rate than MSSCs, yet female couples "divorce" at a higher rate than the male couples as well.
Any thoughts on that, or will you issue a "DISMISSED, NEXT" response?
<quoted text>
By all means please enlighten me, let the spirit move you.
I really don't have much for thought on the subject. Live and let live. Everyone's personal relationships are different for many reasons. Your article didn't provide enough information to prompt me to think much about it. Sorry.

And good lord kid, the acronyms! You're killing me here! I can hardly keep up! lol
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#22374 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text>
I really don't have much for thought on the subject. Live and let live. Everyone's personal relationships are different for many reasons. Your article didn't provide enough information to prompt me to think much about it. Sorry.
And good lord kid, the acronyms! You're killing me here! I can hardly keep up! lol
Fair enough....laughed at that last line. Ciao

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#22375 Sep 24, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to think that at the very least, I've offered a different perspective, if not an education, on the issue.
You've given me your opinion on the issue and though I disagree with it......I still accept it.......and that's what you show me!!!
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#22376 Sep 25, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You have educated no one on this issue , all you've done is posted your hypocritical opinions. We gay people kno wthe reality because we live it everyday. The reality is that homosexual orientation cannot be changed in a person, that is how they are born and it is not a mental illness nor a genetic defect, it is simply normal and natural for a person to be that way because that is how God made us. Get over it, uncut pecker boy! You have done nothing useful in this forum except discriminate against a certain group of people(homosexuals) because you have been brainwashed by the ignorant fools of society. Later turtle neck/anteater weener Italian guy... LMAO LOLOLOL
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#22377 Sep 25, 2012
iTS greeeeat wrote:
<quoted text> You have educated no one on this issue , all you've done is posted your hypocritical opinions.
Isn't that what you're doing now?
We gay people kno wthe reality because we live it everyday. The reality is that homosexual orientation cannot be changed in a person, that is how they are born and it is not a mental illness nor a genetic defect, it is simply normal and natural for a person to be that way because that is how God made us.
In other words, it is what it is.
Get over it, uncut pecker boy! You have done nothing useful in this forum except discriminate against a certain group of people(homosexuals) because you have been brainwashed by the ignorant fools of society. Later turtle neck/anteater weener Italian guy... LMAO LOLOLOL
Don't sugar coat it, how do you really feel? "Uncut pecker boy"? Is that out of the rainbow clubhouse manual under "witty retorts"? Have you ever thought a bought taking your act to Vegas, with lines like that you'd sell out the house in no time.
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#22378 Sep 27, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what you're doing now?
<quoted text>
In other words, it is what it is.
<quoted text>
Don't sugar coat it, how do you really feel? "Uncut pecker boy"? Is that out of the rainbow clubhouse manual under "witty retorts"? Have you ever thought a bought taking your act to Vegas, with lines like that you'd sell out the house in no time.
Boy, we know your gay, so please, you don't sugar coat it. If you weren't gay then you wouldn't come to this thread on a daily basis. We all know about your repressed sexual feelings for men so I suggest you get help while you still can. Don't walk, run t your nearest mental health proffesional and seek help now because you have gone too far and you have gotten out of hand. BTW, it is a proven fact taht 4 out of 5 homophobes that revolve themselves around homosexuals as much as you do have some sort of homosexual tendencies so there's definitely no hiding your feelings to the world. Just lose the closet already! You might find a really hot, sexy and masculine boyfriend with a big fat dick that will love you for you if you leave the closet in time. Hurry now, time is a virtue!

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#22379 Oct 3, 2012
"Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage"

Lol it has cost him countless Christian black and latino votes and history will prove me correct.

He will lose due to his anti-Christan arrogance .

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22380 Oct 3, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
Lol it has cost him countless Christian black and latino votes and history will prove me correct.
Maybe, but I doubt it would be from that cause though.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#22381 Oct 3, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
Really? Then why is he ahead in all the polls?
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#22382 Oct 3, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
Yeah whatever, you silly bitch. Lots of wishful thinking their huh..
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#22383 Oct 3, 2012
Romeny already played 47% of us Americans. What makes you think he is really going to win? LMAO
harvey

Columbus, OH

#22384 Oct 4, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
"Countless" meaning "it's such a small number that I can't count 'em." And even if you had a number to offer, you couldn't back it with anything.

Yes, classic Palin-style debate - empty-headed wishful thinking without a shred of evidence. Well-done!:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#22385 Oct 4, 2012
iTS greeeeat wrote:
Romeny already played 47% of us Americans. What makes you think he is really going to win? LMAO
Anyone who votes for these clowns after Romney wrote off 47% of the American people and Ryan wrote off 30% is a true idiot, or simply such a reTHUGlican elitist that they couldn't imagine voting any other way.

Which amounts to the same thing...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr cpeter1313 51,587
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Frindly 6,929
News Nikki Haley and her son heckled during NYC gay ... 2 hr The Troll Stopper 40
News Supreme Court to decide whether a Colorado bake... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 82
News Arizona Supreme Court to rule on same-sex paren... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 19
Jade Archives volume B 3 hr J Aidster 4
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 3 hr Aurora Borealis 115
More from around the web