Gay Marriage, DOMA And The Dramatic Shift In Public Opinion In One Year: Political Junkie: NPR

Mar 18, 2013 | Posted by: Gay And Proud | Full story: www.npr.org

It is remarkable how fast the issue of same-sex marriage has moved the American public. Of course, some long-time proponents will argue the opposite, that it has taken far too long for it to gain acceptance. And they say that there is no shortage of efforts around the country to block or overturn the practice.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2013

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Yep, we're finally reaching critical mass with over half the population firmly in support and the Democratic party now in near unanimous support as well.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

When I first got involved in the Gay Rights movement, I can't remember the subject of Marriage Equality even coming up in the discussions. Now it is about 45 years later, and we are on the brink of realizing that very thing. I cannot say it took too long. I am simply amazed at how short a time the struggle has taken to reach critical mass. Frankly, as short a time as 10 years or so ago, I was not in favor of Marriage Equality. Of course then we called it Gay Marriage. I thought at the time that it was over-reach, and that we had many other more pressing issues. Of course, since that time I have become an ardent supporter. I look forward to the day when it will no longer be an issue, and I can go to my grave being married to my husband. Life is good. And it does get better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 10 min Tony C 2,578
Biggest Gay Lies 13 min Frankie Rizzo 1,253
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 15 min Frankie Rizzo 52,638
Louisiana attorney general joins in appeal of I... 16 min Fundies R Mentally Nil 12
Sweden resumes aid to Uganda after suspending i... 16 min The Good Reverend 3
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 17 min lides 126
State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... 21 min nhjeff 24
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 47 min Frankie Rizzo 16,142
•••
•••