Gay Marriage, DOMA And The Dramatic S...

Gay Marriage, DOMA And The Dramatic Shift In Public Opinion In One Year: Political Junkie: NPR

There are 2 comments on the www.npr.org story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Gay Marriage, DOMA And The Dramatic Shift In Public Opinion In One Year: Political Junkie: NPR. In it, www.npr.org reports that:

It is remarkable how fast the issue of same-sex marriage has moved the American public. Of course, some long-time proponents will argue the opposite, that it has taken far too long for it to gain acceptance. And they say that there is no shortage of efforts around the country to block or overturn the practice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.npr.org.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Yep, we're finally reaching critical mass with over half the population firmly in support and the Democratic party now in near unanimous support as well.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 18, 2013
When I first got involved in the Gay Rights movement, I can't remember the subject of Marriage Equality even coming up in the discussions. Now it is about 45 years later, and we are on the brink of realizing that very thing. I cannot say it took too long. I am simply amazed at how short a time the struggle has taken to reach critical mass. Frankly, as short a time as 10 years or so ago, I was not in favor of Marriage Equality. Of course then we called it Gay Marriage. I thought at the time that it was over-reach, and that we had many other more pressing issues. Of course, since that time I have become an ardent supporter. I look forward to the day when it will no longer be an issue, and I can go to my grave being married to my husband. Life is good. And it does get better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 4 min ___Jenny___ 3,105
News Antigay Kentucky Clerk Inadvertently Married Th... 15 min trollimgoldman 17
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 16 min tongangodz 7,237
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 16 min Old Kentuckin 373
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 23 min NoahLovesU 8,779
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 38 min NoahLovesU 34,839
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 39 min NorCal Native 298
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 2 hr WasteWater 1,168
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr NoahLovesU 25,785
More from around the web