There is no such thing as a Gay Christian

May 2, 2012 Full story: www.virtueonline.org 236

It is extremely difficult for me to talk about this, but I have decided to let Jesus be glorified in my weakness, and to let Him use my past and my experience to further His Kingdom by communicating the amazing and saving truth of His Word.

This note is not geared towards non-Christians. It is geared towards those of us who are professing believers of Jesus Christ and who believe in the God of the Bible. But I hope that even if you are not a Christian that you will read this with an open mind and evaluate your own beliefs and do your own research on Christianity and the Bible. Our faith is NOT a blind faith. There is plenty of evidence, and I encourage you to seek it ... Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#228 May 14, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do Facebook -- too many security issues -- but let's see how long your olive branch lasts; then we'll all know how sincere you are.
You don't have to do Facebook..I am offering to be your friend. I am turning the other cheek. I am being as Christian as I can be. I don't want to fight with you or with anyone...LION AND LAMB, sound familiar? I'll send you a private message with my personal email address and telephone number. How about it Joe?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#229 May 14, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to do Facebook..I am offering to be your friend. I am turning the other cheek. I am being as Christian as I can be. I don't want to fight with you or with anyone...LION AND LAMB, sound familiar? I'll send you a private message with my personal email address and telephone number. How about it Joe?
OK, but recall that I had previously blocked your PMs; let me see if I can figure-out how to undo that action.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#230 May 14, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the pleasures of sin. You don't know what you're missing Joey ...
Actually I do, otherwise I wouldn't be human.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#231 May 14, 2012
I'll send you a private message ...
Well, now you can; I unblocked you under Compose, Settings.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#232 May 14, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do, otherwise I wouldn't be human.
I sometimes wonder if you are...human, I mean.

#233 May 14, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now you can; I unblocked you under Compose, Settings.
I sent you a message with my personal phone number and email address. Perhaps you will contact me on Tuesday.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#234 May 15, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes wonder if you are...human, I mean.
Time will tell....

The Mountain Empire

#235 May 15, 2012
<quoted text>I sent you a message with my personal phone number and email address. Perhaps you will contact me on Tuesday.
Sel, you are ALWAYS an inspiration to me!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#236 May 15, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
So sayeth "Santa Claus".
The message that Santa has that is too small for you to read is a message to all the little children of the world; Dear Children, Some day you will learn everything there is to know about Santa and on that day, I want you to remember everything the adults have told you about Jesus.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#237 May 15, 2012
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The message that Santa has that is too small for you to read is a message to all the little children of the world ...
... I thought children sent Santa messages (called lists), and not the other way round.

#238 May 15, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sel, you are ALWAYS an inspiration to me!
Thanks.. I am working on it!!!
Aaron

Lacon, IL

#239 May 16, 2012
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms, so it is impossible to be a practicing homosexual and a Christian. Christianity is Bible based.

#240 May 16, 2012
Aaron wrote:
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms, so it is impossible to be a practicing homosexual and a Christian. Christianity is Bible based.
David, You lost your chances with your attacks on my Facebook page.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#241 May 17, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the pleasures of sin. You don't know what you're missing Joey.
LOL!!!!!
How do we know what he is missing any of the pleasures of the flesh since we know virtually nothing about him and can't because he is Mr. Null Set and there is nothing about him that is real.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#242 May 18, 2012
"what the Bible forbids is acts of lust, rape, idolatry, violation of religious purity obligations, or pederasty, but not condemnation of homosexuality in relationships of mutual respect and love." Dr. James B. Nelson, Professor of Christian Ethics, United Theological Seminary

"The New Testament and Homosexuality" Robin Scroggs, Prof of New Testament at Union Theological Seminary is a serious theologian and is favorable reviewed by many theologians. He is a happily married heterosexual with no personal bias. He includes cites from Boswell and expands further especially on pederasty and concludes there is nothing biblically wrong with homosexuality.

"What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality" by Daniel Helminiask, PH.D., was ordained as a Catholic priest in 1967 and is incardinated in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. From 1981-1985 was Assoc Prof for Systematic Theology at Oblate School of Theology and earlier completed his Ph.D. in systematic theology at Boston College and Andover Newton Theological School. He concludes the Bible says absolutely nothing about homosexuality being sinful when you examine the actual Hebrew/Greek texts."

Baptist Rev Dr. William R. Stayton, Divinity degree from Andover
Newtown Theological School and on faculty of LaSalle University's Grad program in Religious studies:- "There is nothing in the Bible regarding homosexual orientation. In fact, the Bible does not concern itself with sexual orientation. It does speak against gang rape, male prostitution for religious purposes, and pederasty. I lead bible study programs on this subject and am convinced that the Bible does not address the issue of a person's sexual orientation."

"God is not a Homophobe: An unbiased look at Homosexuality in the Bible" by Philo Thelos
http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item...
Several books already exist attempting to demonstrate that the Christian Bible does not, in fact, condemn consenting-adult homosexuality. But God is Not a Homophobe has a unique perspective in that the author has a lifetime of experience in pastoring hard-core fundamentalist churches. His former bitter opposition to all forms of homosexuality has given way to a rational, unbiased acceptance that the Bible says hardly anything about homosexuality, and what it does say cannot honestly be used to condemn consenting same-sex unions."

"Is The Homosexual My Neighbor?" by Latha Dawson Scanzoni This is the revised edition of the classic book that calls for Christians to reexamine their beliefs and attitudes toward homosexuals. The authors look at homosexuality from biblical, scientific and psychological perspectives. An excellent resource."

The Mountain Empire

#243 May 18, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
"what the Bible forbids is acts of lust, rape, idolatry, violation of religious purity obligations, or pederasty, but not condemnation of homosexuality in relationships of mutual respect and love." Dr. James B. Nelson, Professor of Christian Ethics, United Theological Seminary
"The New Testament and Homosexuality" Robin Scroggs, Prof of New Testament at Union Theological Seminary is a serious theologian and is favorable reviewed by many theologians. He is a happily married heterosexual with no personal bias. He includes cites from Boswell and expands further especially on pederasty and concludes there is nothing biblically wrong with homosexuality.
"What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality" by Daniel Helminiask, PH.D., was ordained as a Catholic priest in 1967 and is incardinated in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. From 1981-1985 was Assoc Prof for Systematic Theology at Oblate School of Theology and earlier completed his Ph.D. in systematic theology at Boston College and Andover Newton Theological School. He concludes the Bible says absolutely nothing about homosexuality being sinful when you examine the actual Hebrew/Greek texts."
Baptist Rev Dr. William R. Stayton, Divinity degree from Andover
Newtown Theological School and on faculty of LaSalle University's Grad program in Religious studies:- "There is nothing in the Bible regarding homosexual orientation. In fact, the Bible does not concern itself with sexual orientation. It does speak against gang rape, male prostitution for religious purposes, and pederasty. I lead bible study programs on this subject and am convinced that the Bible does not address the issue of a person's sexual orientation."
"God is not a Homophobe: An unbiased look at Homosexuality in the Bible" by Philo Thelos
http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item...
Several books already exist attempting to demonstrate that the Christian Bible does not, in fact, condemn consenting-adult homosexuality. But God is Not a Homophobe has a unique perspective in that the author has a lifetime of experience in pastoring hard-core fundamentalist churches. His former bitter opposition to all forms of homosexuality has given way to a rational, unbiased acceptance that the Bible says hardly anything about homosexuality, and what it does say cannot honestly be used to condemn consenting same-sex unions."
"Is The Homosexual My Neighbor?" by Latha Dawson Scanzoni This is the revised edition of the classic book that calls for Christians to reexamine their beliefs and attitudes toward homosexuals. The authors look at homosexuality from biblical, scientific and psychological perspectives. An excellent resource."
Very informative post.

I read "What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality" several years ago, brilliant stuff and true.

Thanks for the list, I'll peruse the others....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 3 min Danny 3,060
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Reverend Alan 8,562
Sex education 'failing millions' 6 min Newton 14
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 8 min KARLA 68,731
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 min RevKen 29,126
Judge: Marriage licenses should be issued to ga... 9 min Rick in Kansas 3
Swedish swimming pool opens gender neutral chan... 11 min Shirvell s Shrivel 7
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 19 min lides 545
Victim testifies at Boy Scout sex trial about m... 31 min Reverend Alan 90
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 58 min gjest 57,166
More from around the web