Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake

Jun 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Times

A gay couple is pursuing a discrimination complaint against a Colorado bakery, saying the business refused them a wedding cake to honor their Massachusetts ceremony.

Comments
1 - 20 of 165 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Why do these people think that by baking a cake for someone, they're somehow "participating" in the wedding? You're just an EMPLOYEE, Jack. Your paycheck is not actually an invitation.

Oh, just have someone call them up for divorce cakes and out-of-wedlock-baby cakes, and we'll know all about their "consciences" when then happily accept.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Gabe wrote:
Why do these queers think they can just walk into a normal, decent bakery and demand a gay wedding cake?
Go to a damn gay bakery you freaks!
There are only "bakeries". Any citizen SHOULD think that they can just walk into ANY business and expect to be served according to the law. There isn't a "gay internet", and yet here you are, side-by-side with me. Welcome, fellow citizen.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Gabe wrote:
Why do these queers think they can just walk into a normal, decent bakery and demand a gay wedding cake?
Are you trying to tell us there is a difference between a gay wedding cake and a straight wedding cake?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

fr Gabe:

>Yeah a gay cake tastes like sh!t.<

My wife and I had a lovely carrot cake for our wedding, as well as a chocolate one. They did NOT "taste like...". We are celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary this month, and are a happily-married lesbian FAMILY.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Gabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah a gay cake tastes like sh!t.
....and you know this; how?

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Gabe wrote:
Yeah a gay cake tastes like sh!t.
How many have you had? What were the occasions being celebrated? Where did you purchase them? How were they decorated? What did they cost?

EVERYTHING is going to taste like what you're full of.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, how would the bakery employees know they were gay unless they were flaunting it?
Because they're smarter than you are; sugar

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, how would the bakery employees know they were gay unless they were flaunting it?
maybe it was a sex sex wedding cake topper that gave them the clue!

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Gabe wrote:
Because they LAW says we can and the LAW says you can't you your religion as an excuse to discriminate.

"We are all entitled to our religious beliefs and we fight for that. But someone's personal religious beliefs don't justify breaking the law by discriminating against others in the public sphere."

If a Christian couples who was anti-gay got treated in the same manner you'd be furious.

Which makes it CLEAR you want SPECIAL RIGHTS not laws.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Just like the churches who are now KICKING OUT SCOUT TROOPS, these "christian businesses" are showingf they aren't christian at all, just anti-gay.

Just as these Churches are showing they care more about their personal bigotry and rights than they do about being kind to strangers as Jesus talked of in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

These people are showing their true colors.

I pity them when they face God and answer Him for their lives.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
Being gay isn't against the law. Discriminating against gay customers is. Flouting the law seems like the bigger problem than flaunting one's sexuality.

I have to wonder what you'd consider "flaunting", anyway. Just honestly saying "yes, we're a gay couple" probably counts, to you, right?

The bakery workers don't really need to know what the cake is for. Bake it and shut up, is what they need to do. Maybe smile.

I'm guessing you're not aware of the similar situation here in Washington State, where the "principled" bakers were only too happy to bake for a divorce, out-of-wedlock birth, or even clones. They're just on the anti-gay bandwagon.

The objection is always about not wanting to "participate" in the wedding. But being a baker, or a florist, or a photographer, does not make one a GUEST. They're purveyors of public goods and services, and that position is beholden to state laws.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take any smarts to know they're fagg@ts, you can SMELL them.
ROFLMFAO
It that what you homophobes do; get your jollies smelling people?
The medical profession calls your fetish:'Olfactophilia'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactophilia

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
If someone can't smell you freaks, they don't have any sense of smell. You smell like Sh!t.
The only effective counter-measure is to lock yourself in your home, and sequester yourself from society. Drastic, but I say go for it.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone can't smell you freaks, they don't have any sense of smell. You smell like Sh!t.
Nuh unh!
I smell like a Rainbow; sugar
It puts you in the mind of faeries ;o))
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Queers don't dictate what I do or don't do. Get over it.
Well now! lol
You religious homophobes don't dictate what we do or don't do; either
Get over it; sugar

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, more wit from the genius who doesn't even know how to tie their own shoes. How fantastical! Did you think of that "insult" all by yourself or did your mommy and daddy help?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You are posting attempted insults directed at them all over the forums that talk about their lives. They are dictating what you do right now, you just don't want to admit it. As long as you keep posting on these forums, they have complete control of your life, get use to it, if you can't stop

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards, freak. I'm dictating what you freaks do. You're just too stupid to realize it.
Funny thing, I'm not gay, asexuality is not included in GLBT, so meh. You are no threat to my kind, because if you did happen to oppose us, you'd also have to oppose your religious doctrine. But, they are dictating what you do, as I said, you cannot stop posting in these forums, that is because they control you, and you let them. If you were truly in control, you'd post actual science, evidence, and facts instead of attempting to insult them.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait. You were just whining that it was gays who always delete your posts. Now you're saying we have no power over you.

Did you bump your head again or just eat more lead paint chips?

And you claim I'M THE LIAR?

So were you lying then or are you lying now?

LMAO!

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, I'm not gay, asexuality is not included in GLBT, so meh. You are no threat to my kind, because if you did happen to oppose us, you'd also have to oppose your religious doctrine. But, they are dictating what you do, as I said, you cannot stop posting in these forums, that is because they control you, and you let them. If you were truly in control, you'd post actual science, evidence, and facts instead of attempting to insult them.
I'd offer Pepper a shovel but you're burying him quite well with his own words.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••