Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

There are 115 comments on the Politico story from Sep 17, 2013, titled Fallin blocks same-sex benefits. In it, Politico reports that:

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has ordered the National Guard to stop processing requests for military benefits for same-sex couples, her office confirmed Tuesday, despite a Pentagon directive to do so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#71 Sep 19, 2013
fr Chicopee:

>...Want to see hate? Read up on the two cases of private business owners who declined to provide service for gay couples (wedding photographer and wedding cake maker). Read the e-mails, transcripts of their phone messages. Read about the vandalism, the threats against themselves and the pure hate directed even at their children.<

The "hate" in those two instances were the business owners, who ILLEGALLY discriminated against same-sex couples. There were NO "threats" against the owners, nor was there "pure hate" directed at any kids.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#72 Sep 19, 2013
fr Florida Gator:

>What...<

OOH! Look here! A$$ Troller, aka "the shadow" has a new name!
dajokerman

Austin, TX

#73 Sep 19, 2013
Being mentally ill, homosexuals should not be in the military in the first place; as Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning demonstrated.
Man and Wife

Logan, WV

#74 Sep 19, 2013
Great job! We should not support perversion!
dajokerman

Austin, TX

#75 Sep 19, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Zippy, you don't need to give it to her.
She's gonna take it.
Hillary 2016
Time for a woman to clean the mess men have made of our country.
But is she a woman or just a female? Certainly not a lady.

Gennifer Flowers said today that Slick Willie told her that the Hildebeast is bisexual. Of course that's a plus for the dems.
dajokerman

Austin, TX

#76 Sep 19, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Secession...You are a traitor...
You are an ignoramus. Read the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and see if there is anything in there about self-determination.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#77 Sep 19, 2013
Man and Wife wrote:
Great job! We should not support perversion!
Or narrow-minded bigotry!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#78 Sep 19, 2013
dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignoramus. Read the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and see if there is anything in there about self-determination.
Similar to the first mate taking command of a Naval ship. If he had just and sober cause then yes. If the cause is feckless than it is mutiny and he hangs...
You have to have a serious sober and morally correct cause
Tearing the union apart because of gay marriage is so low rent.

Mr. Lincoln proved that If there is anything we are about ..it is in the name ...UNITED states of America.
Long may she live....
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#80 Sep 19, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Chicopee:
>...Want to see hate? Read up on the two cases of private business owners who declined to provide service for gay couples (wedding photographer and wedding cake maker). Read the e-mails, transcripts of their phone messages. Read about the vandalism, the threats against themselves and the pure hate directed even at their children.<
The "hate" in those two instances were the business owners, who ILLEGALLY discriminated against same-sex couples. There were NO "threats" against the owners, nor was there "pure hate" directed at any kids.
Sorry, but you're mistaken. Maybe you could research it. I read an updated article within the last two weeks ( the cake shop has closed its doors ) and I did just try to find it, but ran onto two problems.

One is that this crappy computer I'm on is slower than molasses in January, keeps booting me off and is about to get heaved out a window, after I stomp it to bits, and two is that there are more cases out there than I realized...though I think this business was called Sweetcakes. At this rate and using this piece of crap, it would take me three days to find the article.

Since it is illegal, then people should leave it to the courts to sort out. The abuse that's been heaped upon this family is way over the top.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Now, let's see if I can manage to post this reply...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#81 Sep 20, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you're mistaken. Maybe you could research it. I read an updated article within the last two weeks ( the cake shop has closed its doors ) and I did just try to find it, but ran onto two problems.
One is that this crappy computer I'm on is slower than molasses in January, keeps booting me off and is about to get heaved out a window, after I stomp it to bits, and two is that there are more cases out there than I realized...though I think this business was called Sweetcakes. At this rate and using this piece of crap, it would take me three days to find the article.
Since it is illegal, then people should leave it to the courts to sort out. The abuse that's been heaped upon this family is way over the top.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Now, let's see if I can manage to post this reply...
And none of it would have happened if they business owners had not illegally turned away the public, from a public commendation. It's sad when such things happen, but if you hold a business license, you agree to abide by the rules that some with it.

Do you really want to go back to the days when an American from a minority group could be turned away from a shop just because or the color of their skin, or the country of their origin? Why is THAT bad, and harming gay people fine?

Should a business be able to list the "unwelcomes" on a sign by the door, to prevent embarrassment from the poor souls humiliated when they enter to purchase something and are turned away?

How should this work, in your eyes?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#82 Sep 20, 2013
Ah yes the Nazi fascist far right blocking more rights and freedoms....
Florida Gator

Alexandria, VA

#83 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
Ah yes the Nazi fascist far right blocking more rights and freedoms....
Hey dumb fk, get lost.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#84 Sep 20, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumb fk, get lost.
Again a childish rant. GROW UP..

It would be funny to watch a old bald head grey haired beer bellied inbred like you try to make a REAL MAN like me shut up....
King of Kings

Baltimore, MD

#85 Sep 20, 2013
Natural-natures way, pure and simple

only dog's would see it differently.

Are you a dog.

Only a dog would suck the shet off
of another dogs cocck.
Stick your face in a toilet and lick the bowl.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#86 Sep 20, 2013
King of Kings wrote:
Natural-natures way, pure and simple
only dog's would see it differently.
Are you a dog.
Only a dog would suck the shet off
of another dogs cocck.
Stick your face in a toilet and lick the bowl.
Only a Nazi would want big government controlling peoples love life.

Maybe what same sex people do is wrong. POINT IS THIS IS THE USA FREEDOM AND EQUALITY RULES ....
Newton

Oklahoma City, OK

#87 Sep 20, 2013
Fallin for President in 2016!!!

WOO HOO
Florida Gator

Alexandria, VA

#88 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Again a childish rant. GROW UP..

It would be funny to watch a old bald head grey haired beer bellied inbred like you try to make a REAL MAN like me shut up....
That's easy fagg@t. Just take away your semen supply, you'll fall in line. Roflmao
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#89 Sep 20, 2013
Bigots are so stupid. Hate has turned there hearts black. Florida gator..How many pictures of Hitler do you have hanging in your house?
Florida Gator

Alexandria, VA

#90 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
Bigots are so stupid. Hate has turned there hearts black. Florida gator..How many pictures of Hitler do you have hanging in your house?
How many pictures a Sandusky do you have hanging in your trailer?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#91 Sep 20, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
How many pictures a Sandusky do you have hanging in your trailer?
I live in a 5 bedroom farm house on 20 acres which I have paid off..

Sandusky was a perverted evil person..LIKE YOU HITLER BOY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 6 min Aspirin Between M... 26
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 11 min NoMo 3,237
News Texas gay discrimination bill opens complex fat... 24 min Aspirin Between M... 40
News Gay Teacher Fired From Omaha Catholic School Fi... 29 min Aspirin Between M... 35
News Madison bans discrimination against atheists, n... 37 min Aspirin Between M... 76
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 41 min LaughOL 3,567
News Study: Gay, bisexual kids bullied more, even at... 42 min Hudson712 14
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr Reverend Alan 5,008
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr ItaSta 849
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 20,763
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 59,655
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 4 hr Not Yet Equal 227
More from around the web