After Vote on Gay Youth, Scouts Face ...

After Vote on Gay Youth, Scouts Face More Turmoil

There are 23 comments on the EDGE story from May 24, 2013, titled After Vote on Gay Youth, Scouts Face More Turmoil. In it, EDGE reports that:

The Boy Scouts of America will get no reprieve from controversy after a contentious vote to accept openly gay boys as Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ki k jakeh2016

Hays, KS

#1 May 25, 2013
Hello I'm nearly an Eagle Scout and this ban on gays is not an issue in my Christian/catholic based organization, the BSA was founded upon god and helping others, the big fight isn't helping anyone and it's just pushing us farther away from God and each other we are becoming animals trying to fight over whether or not to ban homosexuals. Thankyou. If you feel the way I do ki k me, I you don't please feel free to keep those thoughts to yourself.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 May 25, 2013
Kiki does make a good point. Gay scout leaders and boy scouts are not an issue any more than gay priest and alter boys are.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 May 25, 2013
The people bemoaning the social advances made by the boy scouts are having hard-core problems giving up their white supremacy privileges; po'thangs
History repeated
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#6 May 26, 2013
Since Catholic's inception in 313 they have never been Christian. The boy scouts are not a Christian organization. Homosexuals prey on others and especially children.

Who in their right mind wants their children exposed to homosexuals?

God's salvation is their only answer and that is not a scouting issue.
galler

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 21, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Kiki does make a good point. Gay scout leaders and boy scouts are not an issue any more than gay priest and alter boys are.
That has been a really big issue, so far.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 22, 2013
Ki k jakeh2016 wrote:
Hello I'm nearly an Eagle Scout and this ban on gays is not an issue in my Christian/catholic based organization, the BSA was founded upon god and helping others, the big fight isn't helping anyone and it's just pushing us farther away from God and each other we are becoming animals trying to fight over whether or not to ban homosexuals. Thankyou. If you feel the way I do ki k me, I you don't please feel free to keep those thoughts to yourself.
Kiki, you need to see to your own salvation first, before trying to solve others' problems. Make certain you have found eternal salvation for yourself.
The Bible says you may KNOW FOR CERTAIN that you are going to heaven when you die:
1 John 5:13
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Do not confuse this with your Catholicism. I was raised a Roman Catholic also, and they never taught me this biblical teaching.

Please set aside your religious ideas, and study God's Plan of Salvation which He offers you.
https://bible.org/article/gods-plan-salvation
Read this with your Bible, and look up the verses.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#10 Aug 22, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Kiki, you need to see to your own salvation first, before trying to solve others' problems. Make certain you have found eternal salvation for yourself.
The Bible says you may KNOW FOR CERTAIN that you are going to heaven when you die:
1 John 5:13
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
Do not confuse this with your Catholicism. I was raised a Roman Catholic also, and they never taught me this biblical teaching.
Please set aside your religious ideas, and study God's Plan of Salvation which He offers you.
https://bible.org/article/gods-plan-salvation
Read this with your Bible, and look up the verses.
You are pointing out the differences between the Catholic Church and Protestant denominations. Catholics believe you have to do everything Christ said and not do whatever He said not to do to be saved. Just saying "I believe in Jesus Christ" is not enough by His own words.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 22, 2013
Catholic created gay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pointing out the differences between the Catholic Church and Protestant denominations. Catholics believe you have to do everything Christ said and not do whatever He said not to do to be saved. Just saying "I believe in Jesus Christ" is not enough by His own words.
As I said, I grew up Catholic - catechized by nuns in that church's schools. That church teaches a lot of unbiblical hogwash too.

Catholics are syncretized pagans. The RCC was begun by Roman pagans who did not convert - they merely added Christian teachings to their paganism (religious syncretism).

A pagan Venus-worshipper one day joined a church. He drags his idol with him. He takes the statue of Venus to church with him.

Upon arriving, he is asked what he is doing. He brought his idol Venus (which he loves, and cannot give up) hoping the church would accept her as he renames the statue "Mary".

Someone present objects: "But that's Venus, the moon goddess. She even has the moon around her head!"

The isolator responds that the circle (moon) around Venus's head could henceforth be called a "halo" - something we will say only super-duper-spiritual and extra-holy people have.

Thus, you have "religious syncretism" - the mixing of two religions. That is not conversion.

Apostle Paul said to TURN FROM IDOLS to serve the true God. Clinging to them and renaming them is not turning away from them. That is not repentance and conversion.

town near Jax, Fl

#12 Aug 23, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, I grew up Catholic - catechized by nuns in that church's schools. That church teaches a lot of unbiblical hogwash too.
Catholics are syncretized pagans. The RCC was begun by Roman pagans who did not convert - they merely added Christian teachings to their paganism (religious syncretism).
A pagan Venus-worshipper one day joined a church. He drags his idol with him. He takes the statue of Venus to church with him.
Upon arriving, he is asked what he is doing. He brought his idol Venus (which he loves, and cannot give up) hoping the church would accept her as he renames the statue "Mary".
Someone present objects: "But that's Venus, the moon goddess. She even has the moon around her head!"
The isolator responds that the circle (moon) around Venus's head could henceforth be called a "halo" - something we will say only super-duper-spiritual and extra-holy people have.
Thus, you have "religious syncretism" - the mixing of two religions. That is not conversion.
Apostle Paul said to TURN FROM IDOLS to serve the true God. Clinging to them and renaming them is not turning away from them. That is not repentance and conversion.
You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder, axe to grind, so to speak. Sorry about that. We agree to disagree.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder, axe to grind, so to speak. Sorry about that. We agree to disagree.
No chip on the shoulder.
But I am not one bit afraid to tell what I know about the Roman Catholic Institution (not church).
Sometimes that is interpreted as being combative. It's really just a committment to truth.

town near Jax, Fl

#14 Aug 24, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>No chip on the shoulder.
But I am not one bit afraid to tell what I know about the Roman Catholic Institution (not church).
Sometimes that is interpreted as being combative. It's really just a committment to truth.
Truth as you see it. The truth is the RCC was the first Christian Church and all other Christian denominations (including yours) followed it or split from it. It has survived over 2000 years and is good for another 1000 at least unless the world ends sooner.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2013
The Pope's fist eater hat for the god Dagon with the star of Lucifer on it tells you who and what they are.

Hill Vaticanus is the temple of Lucifer and has been since 520 BC. The two-faced Janus god is the moto they live by. The RCC's inception was 313 AD and they are purely Chiun.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#16 Aug 24, 2013
RCC = 666 and are Antichrist

Location hidden

#17 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Truth as you see it. The truth is the RCC was the first Christian Church and all other Christian denominations (including yours) followed it or split from it. It has survived over 2000 years and is good for another 1000 at least unless the world ends sooner.
The truth is that the papacy formed early in the 6th-century, when the emperor vacated Rome for Constantinople.
Roman Catholicism's "first church" claims are howash
The Real Deal

Grand Island, NE

#18 Oct 15, 2013
The term catholic in the Early Church identified the universality of doctrine that the Apostles had established because Christ asked in John 17:21

[quote]"I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;…
[/quote]

The idea that God would establish with humanity an office in which His people would listen to one man was established with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Abraham's descendants, Moses and King David.

Jesus extended out that office & authority to Peter when He identified him as the one blessed by His Father with the knowledge that He was the Son of God.

Christ delegated to Peter the office of authority in His Church.
The Real Deal

Grand Island, NE

#19 Oct 15, 2013
Same sex attracted Christians, like heterosexually attracted Christians are required by the Commandments to practice the virtue of chastity in their relationships with other people.

Single persons are to abstain from all sexual activity until marriage (between one man and one woman).

Christians who embrace the homosexual lifestyle are following a relativistic understanding of the Commandments and are operating under a vague understanding of what Christ and His Apostles taught the Church.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 15, 2013
The Real Deal wrote:
The term catholic in the Early Church identified the universality of doctrine that the Apostles had established because Christ asked in John 17:21
[quote]"I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;…
[/quote]
The idea that God would establish with humanity an office in which His people would listen to one man was established with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Abraham's descendants, Moses and King David.
Jesus extended out that office & authority to Peter when He identified him as the one blessed by His Father with the knowledge that He was the Son of God.
Christ delegated to Peter the office of authority in His Church.
In the gospels it is recorded that the apostles argued over who would be preeminent. Jesus told them it would be none of them.

Luke 22:24-26
"And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest. And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve."

The Apostle Paul named five (5) offices in the New Testament Church. There is no mention of any pope.
Ephesians 4:11
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;"

Peter referred to himself only as an apostle - not a pope.
I Peter 1:1
"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ......"
The Real Deal

Kearney, NE

#21 Oct 15, 2013
You did a successful job of disproving yourself from Sacred Scripture.

The office of the papacy is servant to His Church.

Denominations can attempt to discredit the office, but they themselves take on that office when they attempt to determine for themselves the faith and morals they uphold for their congregation.

Either that or they allow the majority to vote on the faith and morals they wish to follow.

Which, as we have learned, is a subjective process in many denominations, allowing in the blessing of homosexual marriages, abortion, artificial contraception, remarriage upon remarriage after divorce, etc.

Location hidden

#22 Oct 16, 2013
While it is certainly apostate, the Catholic Church has enough sexual deviance in its own clergy to keep its nose in its own business.

Your thinking precludes Christ, the head of the church. You know nothing of His presence so you need a substitute.
Where He has the preeminence such things do not rule.
The Real Deal

Grand Island, NE

#23 Oct 16, 2013
If the Catholic Church is apostate then the Holy Spirit failed Christianity. Christ promised that His Church would prevail against the gates of Hell.

And, in actuality, sexual deviance is more prevelant in protestantism. Insurance companies who provide law suit coverage to this churches have proof of that.

It however never gets the television coverage.

Christ established His Church and He delegated His authority to one shepard and the bishops he chooses to ordain (the magisterium) for instructing and guiding the laity.

He delegated His authority to that Church for the forgiveness of sins. Scripture proofs both.

How many denominations do you know of that are 2,000 years old?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's transgender troops ban divides veterans... 1 min Marcavage s Trick 46
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 15 min This 2017 not 1977 53
News LGBT outrage over Trump ban on transgender mili... 19 min The Troll Stopper 15
News Transgender troops: A presidential tweet is not... 33 min Conroy 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 34 min Lawrence Wolf 7,065
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 39 min Estelle 13,659
News The Latest: Duckworth says transgender ban disc... 59 min TomInElPaso 49
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr TomInElPaso 52,249
News Trump bans transgender people from military 1 hr The Troll Stopper 56
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 2 hr The Troll Stopper 534
More from around the web