Catholic Church Backs Uganda's 'Kill The Gays' Bill

Jun 13, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

In the rest of the world, the Catholic Church has always maintained that they are not against homosexuals, just homosexual acts, and that they are for human rights.

Comments
41 - 58 of 58 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Kurt wrote:
I admire the Catholic Church for taking a stand against homosexuality.
...maybe so...eh...

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Leviticus 19:16 You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/gossi...

I haven't been able to find anywhere in the NT where Paul says this rule no longer applies.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
Leviticus 19:16 You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD.
Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/gossi...
I haven't been able to find anywhere in the NT where Paul says this rule no longer applies.
Advocating murder? Where does one draw the line? Killing a woman (never mentions a man's name)for adultery? Do you think that should apply to this day? I don't believe in many Catholic teachings any more but I seriously doubt that humans here on earth would be given authority by any church to kill a "sinner".

As for Paul, he had a lot more to say than Jesus ever did. Sometimes I think he thought Christianity was HIS new religion. He's the one who took it to Rome, wasn't he?

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Advocating murder? Where does one draw the line? Killing a woman (never mentions a man's name)for adultery? Do you think that should apply to this day? I don't believe in many Catholic teachings any more but I seriously doubt that humans here on earth would be given authority by any church to kill a "sinner".
As for Paul, he had a lot more to say than Jesus ever did. Sometimes I think he thought Christianity was HIS new religion. He's the one who took it to Rome, wasn't he?
You and I appear to be on the same wavelength.

Are you familiar with the poster "snyper"? He's a Biblical Scholar and very knowledgeable about this.

Feel free to contact him and start to learn many of the problems Paul's claims contain.

I do think Paul wrote a great deal that makes sense, but the problem is modern Christianity is mostly Paulist propaganda.

Paul stole a great deal from many sources and diluted the original teachings of Jesus to suit his personal beliefs IMO.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are familiar with the play and movie "Jesus Christ Superstar" there is a part where Caiaphas tells Pilate that Jews don't have a law that would allow them to put Jesus to death.

Check out: The Arrest and Trials of Jesus

http://ecclesia.org/truth/trial-jesus.html

On a side note I think you will also like "The Fundamentalist Agenda":

http://www.uuworld.org/2004/01/feature2.html

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The Jews lived on a piece of land called Palestine, which was ruled by the Roman Empire. The Romans were ruled by a god on earth, Caesar. Tiberius was the Caesar at this particular time. Tiberius ruled with an Iron fist. He was a sadistic, anti-Semitic gentile, as was Pilate. It had been passed down from Rome that Palestine would never carry a prisoner to a capital punishment. The Jews could not take a life. If they could have, they would have stoned Jesus, because that was the method of killing. But since they were under Roman authority, they must crucify him; that was the Roman method of capital punishment.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
The Jews lived on a piece of land called Palestine, which was ruled by the Roman Empire. The Romans were ruled by a god on earth, Caesar. Tiberius was the Caesar at this particular time. Tiberius ruled with an Iron fist. He was a sadistic, anti-Semitic gentile, as was Pilate. It had been passed down from Rome that Palestine would never carry a prisoner to a capital punishment. The Jews could not take a life. If they could have, they would have stoned Jesus, because that was the method of killing. But since they were under Roman authority, they must crucify him; that was the Roman method of capital punishment.
And Pilate FAILED as a Roman governor, because one of his chief responsibilities was to UPHOLD Roman law and justice, and whether you believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah or not, Pilate did NOT uphold Roman law and justice by condemning Jesus of Nazareth to death.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

And since you mentioned the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar", I think the BEST movie version of the life of Jesus is Franco Zeffirelli's 1977 movie, "Jesus Of Nazareth".

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Pilate FAILED as a Roman governor, because one of his chief responsibilities was to UPHOLD Roman law and justice, and whether you believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah or not, Pilate did NOT uphold Roman law and justice by condemning Jesus of Nazareth to death.
Nearly every Biblical Scholar disagrees with you.

But like I said I'm trying to explain something to an idiot who still insist there is no right to vote anywhere in the Constitution in spite of the Amendments I repeatedly remind you of.

Ive met some dizzy queens in my time but you take the cake.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
And since you mentioned the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar", I think the BEST movie version of the life of Jesus is Franco Zeffirelli's 1977 movie, "Jesus Of Nazareth".
never saw it so I can't offer a valid opinion.

Spam on dear.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
It WAS his religion. Jesus lived and died a Jew. Paul invented Christianity by means of the New Covenant. Some Jewish Christians objected to it.

Jesus was circumcised. Paul said this was not needed, since the Romans and other Indo-European types he wanted to convert did not practice circumcision. Jews pray with the man covering his head. Paul told Christians to pray with the head uncovered. And so forth. He basically separated Christianity from Judaism. This is why I find the Jews for Jesus folks so puzzling. How can you be both a Jew and Christian at the same time when Paul clearly created a new religion. And I believe - though I am not sure - almost all Christian denominations (if not individual Christians) accept the entire New Testament as canonical, not just the Gospels.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>never saw it so I can't offer a valid opinion.
Spam on dear.
Never?

Then let me acquaint you with this showstopper from the film version.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
It WAS his religion. Jesus lived and died a Jew. Paul invented Christianity by means of the New Covenant. Some Jewish Christians objected to it.
Jesus was circumcised. Paul said this was not needed, since the Romans and other Indo-European types he wanted to convert did not practice circumcision. Jews pray with the man covering his head. Paul told Christians to pray with the head uncovered. And so forth. He basically separated Christianity from Judaism. This is why I find the Jews for Jesus folks so puzzling. How can you be both a Jew and Christian at the same time when Paul clearly created a new religion. And I believe - though I am not sure - almost all Christian denominations (if not individual Christians) accept the entire New Testament as canonical, not just the Gospels.
I saw the head of the Jews For Jesus group interviewed by John McLaughlin on tv the other day.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
There are Christian sects and Jewish sects that reject Paul's writings. Not familiar enough with the subject to identify them and explain the differences but I know they exist.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Never?
Then let me acquaint you with this showstopper from the film version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mp0cUH4YEEsXX
Oh I 've seen JCSS. Even have a copy.

I was saying I never saw the "Jesus of Nazareth" Franco Zefferelli.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I 've seen JCSS. Even have a copy.
I was saying I never saw the "Jesus of Nazareth" Franco Zefferelli.
It's a great movie, great cast, great editorializing, and it's hown on tv usually each Sunday. It's well worth seeing.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a great movie, great cast, great editorializing, and it's hown on tv usually each Sunday. It's well worth seeing.
Odd coming from you who SWEARS he never watches TV. Did we just catch you in some elitist lie?

I find nothing more annoying than someone who claims NOT to watch TV, for I always catch them in their lies eventually when they start blabbing about some program or another and know WAY too much about it to NOT be regular TV watchers.

I happen to LOVE TV and freely admit it.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Odd coming from you who SWEARS he never watches TV. Did we just catch you in some elitist lie?
I find nothing more annoying than someone who claims NOT to watch TV, for I always catch them in their lies eventually when they start blabbing about some program or another and know WAY too much about it to NOT be regular TV watchers.
I happen to LOVE TV and freely admit it.
The movie premiered I believe in 1977 and I first saw it at college in 1978 or 1979. I bought the DVD about 6 years ago. And I watch tv. I just don't watch the same programs many people here do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••