Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases

Dec 9, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 156

The Supreme Court gave itself plenty of room to maneuver when it agreed Friday to review the issue of same-sex marriage .

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Police Called When Crowd Signing Up For Housing List Gets 'Out Of Control', mostly all blacks (Dressed in Arab Garb)in Columbus, Ohio

Saturday December 8, 2012 10:12 AM
UPDATED: Saturday December 8, 2012 7:58 PM

My, they kill us and now we give them section 8 housing.

mo candy mo candy

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Police Called When Crowd Signing Up For Housing List Gets 'Out Of Control', mostly all blacks (Dressed in Arab Garb)in Columbus, Ohio
mo candy mo candy
First post on a new thread, and you're already off topic. DUMBOSPAMBOT moron.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
mo candy mo candy
Black muslim Americans kill us?

If there is going to be an "out of control" mob, at least it was for something as vital as housing, and not a hoard of hyped up shoppers trampling people at an early Walmart opening, or a heard of disappointed sports fans looting the public square.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Should be "herd"

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Who knows what this Court will come up with. You'd think it'd be simple - equal protection under the law for gay and straight Americans.

But we might see almost anything from them.

Progress, not Denial

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
mo candy mo candy
Racist, irrelevant, and off-topic. Get lost if you can't do better than this, clown.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

#7 Dec 10, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
Who knows what this Court will come up with. You'd think it'd be simple - equal protection under the law for gay and straight Americans.
I think if SCOTUS upholds DOMA, the Court itself is unconstitutional. However, though I believe the likes of Antonin Scalia is an impenetrable oaf, I think Justice Kennedy will cast the deciding vote with the side of freedom.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 10, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
They have equal protection under the law. Actually more than straights. Just like blacks have more protection than whites........except from themselves.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think if SCOTUS upholds DOMA, the Court itself is unconstitutional. However, though I believe the likes of Antonin Scalia is an impenetrable oaf, I think Justice Kennedy will cast the deciding vote with the side of freedom.
SEBELIUS AWARDS OBAMACARE EXCHANGE CONTRACT TO 'FRIEND'...More

Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capi talism
o Crony capitalism in ...
Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may ...
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think if SCOTUS upholds DOMA, the Court itself is unconstitutional. However, though I believe the likes of Antonin Scalia is an impenetrable oaf, I think Justice Kennedy will cast the deciding vote with the side of freedom.
I have zero confidence the USSC considers the constitution after the 2000 ruling where they appointed bush to be the president. They are strictly partisan politicians who rule for the GOP no matter what happens to the nation.

Progress, not Denial

#11 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>They have equal protection under the law. Actually more than straights. Just like blacks have more protection than whites........except from themselves.
Obviously false, since one gay person cannot marry another.

The rest of your post was just racist gibberish, undeserving of an answer.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
SEBELIUS AWARDS OBAMACARE EXCHANGE CONTRACT TO 'FRIEND'...More
Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capi talism
o Crony capitalism in ...
Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may ...
Thanks. This thread needed some comedy relief. Perhaps you would care to explain what your comments have to do with anything related to the topic under discussion?

Location hidden

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have zero confidence the USSC considers the constitution after the 2000 ruling where they appointed bush to be the president. They are strictly partisan politicians who rule for the GOP no matter what happens to the nation.
You have reason to be pessimistic. However, I'm hoping that some of the judges consider their legacies, and prefer being remembered as being on the side of freedom.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You have reason to be pessimistic. However, I'm hoping that some of the judges consider their legacies, and prefer being remembered as being on the side of freedom.
I hope you are correct, hope springs eternal. However, those judges have already cast their legacy of being partisan politicians with no regard for the constitution, nor the rule of law, nor even human decency.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 10, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are correct, hope springs eternal. However, those judges have already cast their legacy of being partisan politicians with no regard for the constitution, nor the rule of law, nor even human decency.
I hang my hopes on Justice Kennedy being the swing vote in favor of rationality.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Dec 10, 2012
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
SLIF

Georgetown, Canada

#17 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
If you don't like it,and think that you can do better,then go to law school and get a law degree.If you can't do that,then protest in the streeets.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#18 Dec 10, 2012
The court will rule according to the Constitution. It is not rocket science.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
It's usually minority groups whose rights are being denied.

Progress, not Denial

#20 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
They address laws that have been passed and then ruled on by other, lower courts. Don't want gay rights to come before them? Then stop banning gay marriage and appealing cases to the USSC, genius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Strikes Down NC Gay Marriage Ban 6 min JESUS CHRIST is LOVE 76
Houston Subpoenas Pastors' Sermons in Gay Right... 10 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 77
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 12 min cancer suxs 1,540
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 18 min Belle Sexton 163
Shayne Looper: Whatever happened to tolerance o... 24 min Belle Sexton 12
3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings 27 min WeTheSheeple 2
Gay marriage ruling appealed to La. Supreme Court 28 min Har 6
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 39 min Frankie Rizzo 19
GOP leader: NC officials can refuse to marry gays 2 hr Quest 39
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,106

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE