Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases

There are 20 comments on the Dec 9, 2012, The Washington Post story titled Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Supreme Court gave itself plenty of room to maneuver when it agreed Friday to review the issue of same-sex marriage .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Police Called When Crowd Signing Up For Housing List Gets 'Out Of Control', mostly all blacks (Dressed in Arab Garb)in Columbus, Ohio

Saturday December 8, 2012 10:12 AM
UPDATED: Saturday December 8, 2012 7:58 PM

My, they kill us and now we give them section 8 housing.

mo candy mo candy

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Police Called When Crowd Signing Up For Housing List Gets 'Out Of Control', mostly all blacks (Dressed in Arab Garb)in Columbus, Ohio
Saturday December 8, 2012 10:12 AM
UPDATED: Saturday December 8, 2012 7:58 PM
My, they kill us and now we give them section 8 housing.
mo candy mo candy
First post on a new thread, and you're already off topic. DUMBOSPAMBOT moron.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Police Called When Crowd Signing Up For Housing List Gets 'Out Of Control', mostly all blacks (Dressed in Arab Garb)in Columbus, Ohio
Saturday December 8, 2012 10:12 AM
UPDATED: Saturday December 8, 2012 7:58 PM
My, they kill us and now we give them section 8 housing.
mo candy mo candy
Black muslim Americans kill us?

If there is going to be an "out of control" mob, at least it was for something as vital as housing, and not a hoard of hyped up shoppers trampling people at an early Walmart opening, or a heard of disappointed sports fans looting the public square.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Should be "herd"

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Who knows what this Court will come up with. You'd think it'd be simple - equal protection under the law for gay and straight Americans.

But we might see almost anything from them.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Police Called When Crowd Signing Up For Housing List Gets 'Out Of Control', mostly all blacks (Dressed in Arab Garb)in Columbus, Ohio
Saturday December 8, 2012 10:12 AM
UPDATED: Saturday December 8, 2012 7:58 PM
My, they kill us and now we give them section 8 housing.
mo candy mo candy
Racist, irrelevant, and off-topic. Get lost if you can't do better than this, clown.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 10, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
Who knows what this Court will come up with. You'd think it'd be simple - equal protection under the law for gay and straight Americans.
But we might see almost anything from them.
I think if SCOTUS upholds DOMA, the Court itself is unconstitutional. However, though I believe the likes of Antonin Scalia is an impenetrable oaf, I think Justice Kennedy will cast the deciding vote with the side of freedom.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 10, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
Who knows what this Court will come up with. You'd think it'd be simple - equal protection under the law for gay and straight Americans.
But we might see almost anything from them.
They have equal protection under the law. Actually more than straights. Just like blacks have more protection than whites........except from themselves.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think if SCOTUS upholds DOMA, the Court itself is unconstitutional. However, though I believe the likes of Antonin Scalia is an impenetrable oaf, I think Justice Kennedy will cast the deciding vote with the side of freedom.
SEBELIUS AWARDS OBAMACARE EXCHANGE CONTRACT TO 'FRIEND'...More

Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capi talism
o Crony capitalism in ...
Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may ...
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think if SCOTUS upholds DOMA, the Court itself is unconstitutional. However, though I believe the likes of Antonin Scalia is an impenetrable oaf, I think Justice Kennedy will cast the deciding vote with the side of freedom.
I have zero confidence the USSC considers the constitution after the 2000 ruling where they appointed bush to be the president. They are strictly partisan politicians who rule for the GOP no matter what happens to the nation.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#11 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>They have equal protection under the law. Actually more than straights. Just like blacks have more protection than whites........except from themselves.
Obviously false, since one gay person cannot marry another.

The rest of your post was just racist gibberish, undeserving of an answer.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
SEBELIUS AWARDS OBAMACARE EXCHANGE CONTRACT TO 'FRIEND'...More
Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capi talism
o Crony capitalism in ...
Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may ...
Thanks. This thread needed some comedy relief. Perhaps you would care to explain what your comments have to do with anything related to the topic under discussion?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have zero confidence the USSC considers the constitution after the 2000 ruling where they appointed bush to be the president. They are strictly partisan politicians who rule for the GOP no matter what happens to the nation.
You have reason to be pessimistic. However, I'm hoping that some of the judges consider their legacies, and prefer being remembered as being on the side of freedom.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You have reason to be pessimistic. However, I'm hoping that some of the judges consider their legacies, and prefer being remembered as being on the side of freedom.
I hope you are correct, hope springs eternal. However, those judges have already cast their legacy of being partisan politicians with no regard for the constitution, nor the rule of law, nor even human decency.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Dec 10, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are correct, hope springs eternal. However, those judges have already cast their legacy of being partisan politicians with no regard for the constitution, nor the rule of law, nor even human decency.
I hang my hopes on Justice Kennedy being the swing vote in favor of rationality.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Dec 10, 2012
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
SLIF

Georgetown, Canada

#17 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
If you don't like it,and think that you can do better,then go to law school and get a law degree.If you can't do that,then protest in the streeets.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#18 Dec 10, 2012
The court will rule according to the Constitution. It is not rocket science.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#19 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
It's usually minority groups whose rights are being denied.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#20 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
They address laws that have been passed and then ruled on by other, lower courts. Don't want gay rights to come before them? Then stop banning gay marriage and appealing cases to the USSC, genius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Supreme Court may be on cusp of declaring ... 15 min Fa-Foxy 11
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 19 min Fa-Foxy 90
News Judge rules in favor of printer that refused ga... 20 min Gov Corbutt of th... 6
News Poll: More faiths embracing gay marriage 22 min Gov Corbutt of th... 3
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 25 min Termiraider 2,840
News Q&A: What's at stake in Supreme Court gay marri... 32 min Fa-Foxy 16
News Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) 46 min Willy Coyote 200
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 53 min NorCal Native 187
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 19,992
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 hr Elijah 2,145
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 hr Elijah 669
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 8 hr Fa-Foxy 25
More from around the web