Mexico lifts ban on gay men donating ...

Mexico lifts ban on gay men donating blood

There are 4 comments on the www.pinknews.co.uk story from Dec 27, 2012, titled Mexico lifts ban on gay men donating blood. In it, www.pinknews.co.uk reports that:

Gay and bisexual men, who have a history of using condoms, who do not inject drugs, and are not sex workers can now donate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pinknews.co.uk.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Dec 27, 2012
With all the violence there, I am sure the country needs all the donated blood it can muster!
JrEsq

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
With all the violence there, I am sure the country needs all the donated blood it can muster!
Your comment is a perfect example of gay rationalization. Sort of like another recent homosexual lie: that gay marriage saved marriage.

Now that DADT has been repealed, I see the perfect job for gays in the military: PSYOPS, managing misinformation operations. Lying and distorting the truth seems to be an innate gay skill.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#3 Dec 28, 2012
All people should be screened for recent high risk behavior, as this is where the risk of disease transmission lies. Any person can transmit any transmittable disease if they are infected. Sexual orientation is irrelevant. Testing can now identify any infections that might get through the risk screening.

Continuing a policy that no longer has any scientific justification is not about protecting the blood supply. The only remaining purpose is to indulge and perpetuate irrational prejudice.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Are you this badly informed about every subject you hold ugly and mean-spirited opinions on or are you being an ass just for us? The ban keeps many potential healthy donors out while still allowing a hell of a lot of potentially unhealthy donors in. Even in Mexico, the standard is that ALL blood is tested for HIV and a variety of other infections before it is ever used, regardless of who donates it. The vast majority of gay and bisexual men are not infected with HIV or any other sexually transmissible disease, moron. They should not be prohibited from donating blood if they choose.
Hard to believe anyone could be that poorly informed and still be able to use a computer. I suspect it is just a hate monger, trying to be abusive and hateful, who doesn't mind appearing ignorant as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church of Scotland moves closer to letting mini... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr tbird19482 49,276
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Pope Rainbow 6,049
News Mormon church pulls older teens out of Boy Scouts 3 hr The Troll Stopper 43
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) 4 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,428
Thanks BIG BOSS MAN! 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 3
News Amherst raises Pride flag 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 4
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 7 hr Evilgelicalling 460
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 13 hr Harlod 69,528
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 14 hr Truth 25,618
More from around the web