Mormon Church Launches Website On 'Same-Sex Attraction'

Dec 6, 2012 Full story: GPB.org 432

The Mormon Church has a new website to clarify its position on "same-sex attraction" and to reach out to all of its members, including gays and lesbians, "with love and understanding." The launching of mormonsandgays.org follows persistent criticism of Mormon involvement in California's ballot measure banning gay marriage, NPR's Howard Berkes ... (more)

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#488 Jan 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I okay with a man calling himself a prophet and cheats on his first wife with or wives/concubines? As you state that I suppose not. Especially if it is proven the man isn't a prophet and the man wasn't suppose to have extra wives/concubines.
But to consider your statement before I contemplate a judgement, I would want to search for parallels to make a comparison for value and possible explanations.
I of course have to address any comparisons as you made your statement.
So Abraham calling himself a leader might not have been one because he cheated on his first wife with other wives/concubines.
His wife Sarah begged him to marry another. That wouldn't be cheating. It also shows how little you really know the scriptures. Do you see any evidence of Emma forcing Joe to marry other women? Or does that fact not concern you.
Moses also a leader and prophet as he called himself couldn't have been one because he cheated on his first wife with another wife.
Do you have any evidence the first wife didn't know? That Moses did it behind her back? Did Moses send any of his men off and then married their wives while they where gone? Did Moses tell the woman stories of an angel with flamming swords to get her to marry him? Are you so pathetic, you don't know or care about the difference?
King David, a leader of God's people couldn't have been one because he cheated on his first wife with other wives/concubines.
David wasn't a prophet, and God did tell the Kings not to gather multiple wives. And just what did happen when David took another man's wife? Do you remember? Or don't you care?
We also have king Solomon a leader of the people of God who couldn't have been one because he cheated on his first wife.
Again, against the will of God.
(I deleted some of the post to make room for my response.)
By the way, I don't get emotional when you call all those men and Smith pigs and sexual perverts. Now it's true I don't understand your biased judgements, that's true. I don't understand why you feel this childish need to call names, that is true. I don't understand how you judge men you never met and really know absolutely knowing about, that is true. But getting emotional over your childish rants to describe Smith and all those men as pigs and sexual perverts, never happened.
You don't understand because somewhere along the way you have lost all moral decency to justify your sick beliefs. To be able to support a pervert and pig, to hold him up as a prophet.

You conveniently dismiss the New Testament verses clearly saying that to hold an office in the church, one must be the husband of one woman, just like you conveniently overlook how Emma was acting during this time. Never approving of what Smith was doing. That would be the definition of cheating. And you have conveniently misrepresented what happened with the prophets of old. They didn't marry other men's wives. The didn't lie to the women about angels with swords(what an idiot statement). They didn't do it behind their wives backs. They certainly didn't teach that everyone had to do it to be saved, either.

It's amazing how retarded you are when you want to be.

Marysville, CA

#489 Jan 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, time for you to muster up an honest answer, do you think you can do that? Why do you keep lying about what I didn't say? You resort to lying like a pathological liar lies each time you bring this bold faced lie up. You seem to really enjoy lying about what I didn't say? Why is that? You profess to be a Christian and you purposefully lie. That's a contradiction there. It means you're not the Christian you claim to be. Out right bold faced liars aren't Christians. Their called liars, like you being a liar on multiple counts. And from all appearances from the number of times you continue to perpetuate this lie, you prove you like this lie. You prove you would rather be an out right liar concerning the information. Why is that? A true liar thinks little of lying when they speak. Like you do. Why is that?
I have never said Smith married these females and never had sex with them. I never said that. But you constantly create a lie to claim I said that. Why are you such a liar in this case? Do you like being a liar? Are you comfortable telling a lie instead of saying what I actually stated? Is that why so many catch you in lies from time to time because you would rather lie than state what was actually said?
This is twice in two days you have perpetuated this lie. Why have you chosen to be such a pathetic liar concerning what I didn't say, hmm?
No, you've never said that. You just have posted over a 100 posts over the last few months trying to prove he didn't do it. But you never said it.

No one is the idiot you want them to be, no one, except Cary. But he is just a brainwashed as you and will buy any sucker story to try to protect his filthy faith.

The only dishonest one is you.

Marysville, CA

#490 Jan 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You supported Smith for 30 years. Now you love to hate him. I'd say I have a long time to go before ever "supporting" Smith as you allege I do for as long as you supported him :)
You can die an idiot, for all I care. But no one is buying your double talking BS. Go ahead, and die stupid. We'll put it on your tombstone. "Here lies stupid." Happy?

Marysville, CA

#491 Jan 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...and that comes from one of a pair that are so absorbed about a dead guy's sex life that they eat, breath and sleep his sex life to talk about it here on topix. Look in the mirror and say freakfest while smiling, you'll recognize yourself very quickly :)
"Absorbed?" You're the only one having a cow about a man having sex with the women he married. We didn't get kicked out after only 3 months from the LDS church either. Just what did you do? Try to blow the "prophet"?(You could have Hinckley)

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#492 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have hit a button with him on this issue. His obsession that Smith didn't have sex with his wives is funny. He's like a child being told that Santa Claus isn't real and fighting tooth and nail to keep on believing in him.
Wait a minute!!!!!!!! Santa isn't real ???????? I'm devastated :(
Even as a Mormon, I fully believe that Joseph consumated his marriages. What man wouldn't.

“Earth, Love It Or Leave It”

Since: Oct 08

Indian Rocks Beach, FL

#493 Jan 17, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Wait a minute!!!!!!!! Santa isn't real ???????? I'm devastated :(
Even as a Mormon, I fully believe that Joseph consumated his marriages. What man wouldn't.
A man with erectile dysfunction might not consumate his marriages.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#494 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife Sarah begged him to marry another. That wouldn't be cheating. It also shows how little you really know the scriptures. Do you see any evidence of Emma forcing Joe to marry other women? Or does that fact not concern you.
The above is how you prove your thinking is so retarded at times...lol

If I made the very same lame statement you wouldn't have any obvious questions? "His wife Sarah begged him to marry another."
As for me, I would say you left out some pertinent information that disables the implication of your belief that Sarah was like all joyous and happy to tell her husband to go have sex with another woman. That was your insinuation of this statement... "His wife Sarah begged him to marry another."
Read the story as it's written, not as you interpret it to mean.
Believing Sarah to be a normal thinking female, she would have been against her husband having another women wife or concubine for sexual relations.
Next, Sarah didn't beg Abraham to have sex with her handmaid. You made it sound like Sarah was desperate to have a child and resorted to begging Abraham with glad joy to marry another woman and to have children by her.
Sarah ASKED Abraham to go to her handmaid to have relations so she could have her handmaid's children as her own. Read the fricking verses.
2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
When it was done and over with, Sarah regretted telling Abraham to go to her handmaid for sex.
4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.

5 And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: the Lord judge between me and thee.

6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thine hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from her face.

But none of that matters according to your logic. Not even if Sarah entreated Abraham to have another wife so she could have step children to call her own.
According to you Abraham should have said no and refused and upbraided Sarah for asking such a thing. Instead he married another woman and committed adultery as you early described it. There was no mention of the Lord in this deal of Abraham having another wife. So using your logic Abraham married for sexual perversion and committed adultery. That's your logic back at you.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#495 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Do you have any evidence the first wife didn't know? That Moses did it behind her back? Did Moses send any of his men off and then married their wives while they where gone? Did Moses tell the woman stories of an angel with flamming swords to get her to marry him? Are you so pathetic, you don't know or care about the difference?
lol...what in the insane *ell is wrong with your thinking? There is no bearing on the matter of sexual perversion and adultery no matter if the wife knows or doesn't know that her husband is marrying other females because he's a hound dog for sex as you stated it.
That statement above of your's, it reveals you haven't read through the comments of the wives claiming to be Smith's wives and or having cohabitate with him and or had sexual relations with him. Those wives made mention that Emma knew they were his wives and didn't approve of it and constantly watched them out of jealousy while they LIVED IN SMITH'S VERY OWN HOME. They stated she was there as a witness for many marriages. Go read your information you keep quoting but fail to read enough of! lol.
And don't change up what you stated. Stick to your original statement unless you wish to say you want to revise what you said :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#496 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
David wasn't a prophet, and God did tell the Kings not to gather multiple wives. And just what did happen when David took another man's wife? Do you remember? Or don't you care?
As you said..."It's amazing how retarded you are when you want to be." lolol.
You just said God told the kings not to gather multiple wives. That means David and Solomon, both kings, both "supposed" wise men of God being influenced by his Spirit to lead his people in righteousness, Both men with "spiritual verses" in the Bible, are nothing but sex perverts and thus couldn't have been ever influenced by the Spirit of God. Thus not being men of God because according to you they were sex perverts, their writings are un-holy and certainly not influenced by God and should never of been made inspired cannon in the Bible. That's you logic back at you.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#497 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
You don't understand because somewhere along the way you have lost all moral decency to justify your sick beliefs. To be able to support a pervert and pig, to hold him up as a prophet.
You conveniently dismiss the New Testament verses clearly saying that to hold an office in the church, one must be the husband of one woman,
I don't understand what? I understand plenty and I don't take things out of context as you do! lol...did you read what you wrote? Did you see how out of context you took that information to mean what you wanted it to mean, not what it actually meant?
The verse you spoke of about a husband having one wife, that was specifically about the position of a bishop. That requirement was written for any other position in the church. What a goof ball lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#498 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you've never said that. You just have posted over a 100 posts over the last few months trying to prove he didn't do it. But you never said it.
No one is the idiot you want them to be, no one, except Cary. But he is just a brainwashed as you and will buy any sucker story to try to protect his filthy faith.
The only dishonest one is you.
You're a liar. You'll remain a liar till you prove I said "Smith never, ever, had sexual relations with anyone but Emma." You'll never find that statement so your a liar saying I said it.
I have said in many ways that THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT SMITH WAS HAVING SEX WITH THOSE 30+ WIVES.
I have also said in many ways that THERE IS NO EXISTING FACTS TO PROVE SMITH WAS HAVING SEX WITH ANY WIFE BUT EMMA.
But I have never ever said that SMITH NEVER EVER HAD SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH ANYONE BUT EMMA. Know why I know I haven't said that? Because I have no evidence to prove Smith never ever had sexual relations with anyone but Emma. So I would do a stupid is number as you so often do and claim something as fact that I can't prove as fact.
You are the one that is famous for claiming non-factual and or un-proven evidence is factual evidence.
Now go prove I'm a liar and find that statement you claim exists that I said Smith never ever had sexual relations with any one but Emma or remain a liar.

Location hidden

#499 Jan 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand what? I understand plenty and I don't take things out of context as you do! lol...did you read what you wrote? Did you see how out of context you took that information to mean what you wanted it to mean, not what it actually meant?
The verse you spoke of about a husband having one wife, that was specifically about the position of a bishop. That requirement was written for any other position in the church. What a goof ball lol.
Definitely bipolar...or self medicating with meth. Surely there are rehabs in Alaska..and I don't mean those pray away the gay quack clinics u prefer. Obviously they aren't helping u.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#500 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can die an idiot, for all I care. But no one is buying your double talking BS. Go ahead, and die stupid. We'll put it on your tombstone. "Here lies stupid." Happy?
You are such a child trying to imitate adult behavior and sometimes you succeed, till you write posts like this and than you revert to proving what a child you are lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#501 Jan 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Absorbed?" You're the only one having a cow about a man having sex with the women he married. We didn't get kicked out after only 3 months from the LDS church either. Just what did you do? Try to blow the "prophet"?(You could have Hinckley)
Ohh, ohhhh, you hurt my feelings with your sharp words of wit Dana, I'm telling the teacher on you...lolol...such a fricking mental case child. You think as a child and as you prove in these last two posts, you write as a child. You have some real mental issues dude, seriously.
And yes "absorbed". You and nomo are absorbed with Smith's sex life. You talk about his sex life ALL THE TIME. You never let go of it. You can't let go of it because you two are so absorbed in this need to speak about his sex life ALL THE TIME in these threads. You two would clinically be described as being obsessed with Smith's sex life. All of the vile, degrading, shameful, dark, filthy language you two summon from your dark souls to use to speak about him proves it beyond a measure of a doubt.
Doesn't have to be that way, just saying :)

Location hidden

#502 Jan 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Ohh, ohhhh, you hurt my feelings with your sharp words of wit Dana, I'm telling the teacher on you...lolol...such a fricking mental case child. You think as a child and as you prove in these last two posts, you write as a child. You have some real mental issues dude, seriously.
And yes "absorbed". You and nomo are absorbed with Smith's sex life. You talk about his sex life ALL THE TIME. You never let go of it. You can't let go of it because you two are so absorbed in this need to speak about his sex life ALL THE TIME in these threads. You two would clinically be described as being obsessed with Smith's sex life. All of the vile, degrading, shameful, dark, filthy language you two summon from your dark souls to use to speak about him proves it beyond a measure of a doubt.
Hey loon...headed right off a cliff, aren't u?

Marysville, CA

#503 Jan 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The above is how you prove your thinking is so retarded at times...lol
If I made the very same lame statement you wouldn't have any obvious questions? "His wife Sarah begged him to marry another."
As for me, I would say you left out some pertinent information that disables the implication of your belief that Sarah was like all joyous and happy to tell her husband to go have sex with another woman. That was your insinuation of this statement... "His wife Sarah begged him to marry another."
Read the story as it's written, not as you interpret it to mean.
Believing Sarah to be a normal thinking female, she would have been against her husband having another women wife or concubine for sexual relations.
Next, Sarah didn't beg Abraham to have sex with her handmaid. You made it sound like Sarah was desperate to have a child and resorted to begging Abraham with glad joy to marry another woman and to have children by her.
Sarah ASKED Abraham to go to her handmaid to have relations so she could have her handmaid's children as her own. Read the fricking verses.
2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
When it was done and over with, Sarah regretted telling Abraham to go to her handmaid for sex.
4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.
5 And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: the Lord judge between me and thee.
6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thine hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from her face.
But none of that matters according to your logic. Not even if Sarah entreated Abraham to have another wife so she could have step children to call her own.
According to you Abraham should have said no and refused and upbraided Sarah for asking such a thing. Instead he married another woman and committed adultery as you early described it. There was no mention of the Lord in this deal of Abraham having another wife. So using your logic Abraham married for sexual perversion and committed adultery. That's your logic back at you.
More proof you can read, but you can't comprehend. Show me evidence that Emma ever brought another woman to Smith and asked him to marry her. It never happened.

Still the clown.

Marysville, CA

#504 Jan 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what? I understand plenty and I don't take things out of context as you do! lol...did you read what you wrote? Did you see how out of context you took that information to mean what you wanted it to mean, not what it actually meant?
So the position of a Bishop is more holy than a prophet? Because the reason given for forbidding the Bishops and deacons from having more than one wife is that they are to be beyond reproach. So, I guess that wouldn't apply to any so-called prophet, right?

Marysville, CA

#505 Jan 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, ohhhh, you hurt my feelings with your sharp words of wit Dana, I'm telling the teacher on you...lolol...such a fricking mental case child. You think as a child and as you prove in these last two posts, you write as a child. You have some real mental issues dude, seriously.
Well, I hope you can get over it.
And yes "absorbed". You and nomo are absorbed with Smith's sex life. You talk about his sex life ALL THE TIME. You never let go of it. You can't let go of it because you two are so absorbed in this need to speak about his sex life ALL THE TIME in these threads. You two would clinically be described as being obsessed with Smith's sex life.

Says the man who won't shut up about it. Why bring NoMo into it? She has just been sitting on the sidelines just watching.

[QUOTE]
All of the vile, degrading, shameful, dark, filthy language
Which are accurate and true descriptions of the man you think is a prophet.
you two summon from your dark souls to use to speak about him proves it beyond a measure of a doubt.
If you can't stand the heat... If it is too much for you, go to the Nicklelodon chat room and discuss Spongebob Squarepants. LOL!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#506 Jan 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey loon...headed right off a cliff, aren't u?
Heellll nooo...lolol. When I see what a damaged mind like your's is from repeatedly jumping off cliffs to see how much brain injury you'll suffer, I'd rather watch you do it :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#507 Jan 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof you can read, but you can't comprehend. Show me evidence that Emma ever brought another woman to Smith and asked him to marry her. It never happened.
Still the clown.
Oh Dana, what so ever shall I do when an immature mind pretending to be a mature mind calls me such names....boo-hoo-hoo, please stop...lolol. You and your name calling belong back on a play ground with little kids dude where you'll fit in just nicely with your childish mentality. Why don't you grow up and speak like an adult for a change? Is that to tough to do? Is that why you resort to these childish names you call people? Because you don't know how to speak like an adult without reverting to childish rants and name calling? Hmm? Ever heard that verse that goes something like...when I was a child I acted/spoke like a child but when I became a man, I acted/spoke like a man. You should find that verse and read it a few times, just saying :)
By the way, why are you asking me to show you Emma brought other women to Smith to marry? I never said that happened. Is this some information you think actually happened and you want me to help you find out if it's true? I doubt it is.
Wives stated Emma attended their "marriage as a witness for some wives. Wives stated some of them lived in the Smith home after their marriage. But I don't remember anything of Emma going out and searching for women for Smith to marry. Me thinks you have your wires crossed on that one. But let me know what you find out :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 min EdmondWA 29,660
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min DNF 51,320
Why this obsession with what gay people do in b... (Jan '13) 4 min Sherlayne 117
Couple who met as women five years ago set to m... 17 min DNF 19
CP exclusive: Wynne says some sex education pro... 18 min hal 30
Anti-gay hotel owners refuse to host another sa... 33 min david traversa 6
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 44 min DNF 14,973
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 1 hr DNF 31
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr DNF 948
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 3 hr DNF 3,238
More from around the web