Mormon Church Launches Website On 'Same-Sex Attraction'

Dec 6, 2012 Full story: GPB.org 432

The Mormon Church has a new website to clarify its position on "same-sex attraction" and to reach out to all of its members, including gays and lesbians, "with love and understanding." The launching of mormonsandgays.org follows persistent criticism of Mormon involvement in California's ballot measure banning gay marriage, NPR's Howard Berkes ... (more)

Full Story
Mark

Tucson, AZ

#34 Dec 9, 2012
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So, what do u want? Persecution or acceptance? It seems as though you like to play the victim role. When people or groups take steps in th right direction, why would you not be supportive??? U guys are pathetic! Also, ur name is dirty diaper whattever. Hard to rapect you with a name like that
Creepy Diaper Daddys wrote:
Yield not to the temptation to forgive the mormons
They will slap 'church owned' handcuffs on you and haul you off to jail when you kiss your honey in a public park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OgvPDxjMbgUXX

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#35 Dec 9, 2012
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So, what do u want? Persecution or acceptance? It seems as though you like to play the victim role. When people or groups take steps in th right direction, why would you not be supportive??? U guys are pathetic! Also, ur name is dirty diaper whattever. Hard to rapect you with a name like that
It's the same stance they've had for at least two years. Nothing new..with a couple of people who magically turn straight and a guy who tearfully describes how he didn't want to lose his family so he chose celibacy and lies instead...thrown in to reinforce the hate.
Creepy Diaper Daddys

Alpharetta, GA

#36 Dec 10, 2012
Mark wrote:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So, what do u want? Persecution or acceptance? It seems as though you like to play the victim role. When people or groups take steps in th right direction, why would you not be supportive??? U guys are pathetic! Also, ur name is dirty diaper whattever. Hard to rapect you with a name like that
<quoted text>
I'm not a Creepy Diaper Daddy
I don't slap 'church owned' handcuffs on non-'church' members who kiss each other

For Creepy Diaper Daddys; lock your knees together; stay seated; and click here:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/texas-moves...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#38 Dec 12, 2012
If you have to tell yourself something doesn't seem right but do it anyways then its not right. Ex. Temple Weirdness, beliefs and mormon standards
Beauty Queen

Alton, UK

#39 Dec 12, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>.
Internet troll ....

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#41 Dec 12, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bigot and a liar. God's many commands against all homosexual behavior are an act of love, not hate:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Lying again, DAVID MOORE? JUDGING others, DAVID MOORE?

Proverbs 25:18
Like a club or sword or a sharp arrow, is the man who gives false testimony[your fake NAME].

Luke 18: 14
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus [said] "I tell you that this man,[DAVID MOORE] who exalts himself, will be humbled.."

Ignore at your own ETERNAL peril, DAVID MOORE.

Location hidden

#43 Dec 12, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bigot and a liar. God's many commands against all homosexual behavior are an act of love, not hate:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Your twisted interpretation of the bible has obviously been drilled into ur head since childhood..to the point of hating yourself deep into a closet, David. If u think gay people are sooo vile, why do u troll gay forums 24/7?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#44 Dec 12, 2012
Caleb wrote:
You have been entrusted with ministerial malpractice

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Marysville, CA

#46 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You of course are a ridiculous liar. You cannot provide any rational evidence to support your lie about my identity. You now nothing about my upbringing. You make yourself look pathetic by trying to hurl your hated perversion as an insult.
You cannot cite ANY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question these many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior found in both Testaments.
You are in denial of reality. These passages are extremely direct and there is no need for 'interpretation,' nor is there any rational 'interpretation' voiding their condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
The same applies for any acts of lust just for the sake of lust. There are no laws against love. According to Jesus, if you want to be technical, taught that even thinking about sex with someone you aren't married to is that same as doing it. That would make you as guilty before God as any homosexual every time you masturbated. Get the beam out of your own eye, you sinner!

Marysville, CA

#47 Dec 13, 2012
If you are going to use the law to judge others, be prepared to be judged by that same law.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#48 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>It is a lie to equate homosexual behavior with love. It is much more likely to be something anonymous in a restroom.
The Bible itself repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
Dave, the buy-bull itself condemns all work done on Satruday in the plainest of terms. So what? It also indicates that plants can grow without the sun, and the earth is flat. It's a bunch of Bronze Age myth and superstition.

North Hollywood, CA

#50 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
This was clearly church property and the lewd displays were clearly intolerant bigoted attacks on what others hold sacred and on their property.
No Christian can ever accept what God repeatedly condemns in the the plainest of terms and in both Testaments:
Why can't you fundies just mind your own business, Dave? Think gay sex is wrong? Don't have any. As far as other people's sex lives, what could be more another man's matter than his sex life?

1 Peter 4:15 "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

North Hollywood, CA

#52 Dec 13, 2012
The Mormon church should lose its tax free status because if its actions WGT Prop. H8.
(Actually, I think all churches should be taxed like other businesses, and would only see it as a violation of the 1st Amendment if some religions were taxed, but others weren't.)

Location hidden

#53 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are of course an ignorant, lying bigot who has never read the Bible and repeats lies from radical homosexual hate site.
You're a crazy person who likes his jesus blond and blue eyed and covered in glitter.

North Hollywood, CA

#54 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are of course an ignorant, lying bigot who has never read the Bible and repeats lies from radical homosexual hate site.
I'm lying?
"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death." Exodus 35:2

Seems clear to me. Work on Saturday, get tortured to death.

I copy/pasted that from http://bible.cc/exodus/35-2.htm
a Christian fundie site.

And here is exodus 31:15
"Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Marysville, CA

#56 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are a hateful, ignorant bigot, filled with hate and lies.
Where do you think that is taking you?
Answer your own question. I'm posting like you. By the way, I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. I love him dearly. I just refuse to use him as an excuse to degrade or abuse others, as Jesus would want me to show his grace as his representative. You want to use him as a means to keep others down, or to make yourself feel better.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

We are suppose to be examples of his love, and grace.

Marysville, CA

#57 Dec 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
The Mormon church should lose its tax free status because if its actions WGT Prop. H8.
(Actually, I think all churches should be taxed like other businesses, and would only see it as a violation of the 1st Amendment if some religions were taxed, but others weren't.)
I would set the standard to those churches that don't open their financial records for all to see. The LDS church does not. People should be able to freely give what they want to who they want. But they should also be able to do so with full knowledge.

Marysville, CA

#59 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are a liar and a bigot, posting hate and misinformation about a minority religious group.
IF you were actually a Christian you would support God's many commands against all homosexual behavior, helping to save others from hellfire. Obviously, you are instead a servant of Satan helping to take homosexuals to eternal damnation:
You want me to support God's commandments, fine. But I'm not going to pick and chose which ones I'll support while ignoring the ones that apply to me, and you:

This what Jesus said:
Matt 5
21 “You have heard that the ancients were told,‘You shall not commit murder’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother,‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says,‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. 23 Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. 25 Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.

27 “You have heard that it was said,‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

31 “It was said,‘Whoever sends his wife away, let him give her a certificate of divorce’; 32 but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

To be continued...

Marysville, CA

#60 Dec 13, 2012
38 “You have heard that it was said,‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

43 “You have heard that it was said,‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

How many are you guilty of? Ask yourself that. Because if you live under the law and put the hope of your salvation by obeying the law, it only takes one sin to keep you out of the Kingdom of Heaven. In fact, if you break one law, you have broken them all. Have you pucked your eye out? Have you cut off your hand? If no, then you are guilty before God and will be cast into Hell come judgement day. That isn't me speaking, but Jesus Christ. You need to learn to use the standards you judge others to take a close look at yourself. You want the law to judge you? Here it is.

It only gets worst for Mormons.

North Hollywood, CA

#61 Dec 13, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for again displaying your complete ignorance of the Bible, your hate, and your bigotry.
Does Exodus 31:15 say:
"Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."
or not, Dave?
Caleb wrote:
That is sooo typical of your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause.
You're going to have to actually read the rest of the book to learn how completely ludicrous your hateful ignorance comments actually are.
Does Exodus 31:16 say "Just kidding! You must be nuts! Kill a person for working on he Sabbath!?"
Caleb wrote:
Now just what did you think your hateful ignorance had to do with the actual thread topic????
You quoted the buy-bull...
I did, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 29 min KiMare 2,837
Chinese gay dating app grows to 15 million users 1 hr nayan 12
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Cowobunga 201,164
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr RevKen 26,691
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 2 hr Zamby 126
Comedian Margaret Cho to headline at San Jose I... 2 hr FaFooey 20
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 2 hr RevKen 40
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 4,999
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr Rick in Kansas 5,455
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 15 hr EdmondWA 12
More from around the web