Supreme Court Asked To Hear New Mexic...

Supreme Court Asked To Hear New Mexico Gay Bias Case

There are 340 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Nov 8, 2013, titled Supreme Court Asked To Hear New Mexico Gay Bias Case. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

The US Supreme Court in Washington, DC, November 6, 2013. Earlier the Court heard oral arguments in the case of Town of Greece v.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Nov 8, 2013
Since they say they are Christians, and photographing this couple would violate their religious beliefs, what if they refused to photograph a couple who do not believe that Jesus Christ is The Messiah, i.e. a Jewish couple, Muslim couple or any other non-Christian couple ?

Would that be violating the law ?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 8, 2013
edmundo wrote:
The homosexualist bully boys wish to have their way with us .
For them religious beliefs be damned.
They are hell bent to make their lifestyle the Nazi albatross around the neck of our culture.
Being from New Mexico, do explain just what culture for which you seem to be posting.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#5 Nov 8, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Being from New Mexico, do explain just what culture for which you seem to be posting.
HEY please! I was born & raised in NM, have lived here all my life. Please don't lump all of us New Mexican's in one cauldron.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Nov 8, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>HEY please! I was born & raised in NM, have lived here all my life. Please don't lump all of us New Mexican's in one cauldron.
And it's a LOT colder and snowier in Albuquerque than I thought too.

:(

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 8, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>HEY please! I was born & raised in NM, have lived here all my life. Please don't lump all of us New Mexican's in one cauldron.
Do realize that I will call out the unregistered troll, posting from a location of which he has no concept.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#8 Nov 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's a LOT colder and snowier in Albuquerque than I thought too.
:(
HEY! It really isn't all that cold or snowy in Albuquerque. Please don't lump all of us with some of the bigoted residents.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Nov 8, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>HEY! It really isn't all that cold or snowy in Albuquerque. Please don't lump all of us with some of the bigoted residents.
I lived in Albuquerque. LOVED the city. HATED the weather.

I moved from New York to the southwest 2 years ago, and chose Albuquerque because I thought it would be warm and sunny all the time, and not a HOT as Arizona.

I was shocked by the snow and cold, and in mid-December, 2011 I slipped in the snow IN ALBUQUERQUE, fell and broke my leg. That was the final straw. I moved to WARM, SUNNY, southern Arizona 2 weeks later.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#10 Nov 8, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text> Do realize that I will call out the unregistered troll, posting from a location of which he has no concept.
MPD, or Mr. Mumbo Jumbo is not as annoying to me as Huszar/Knightkore/J1/Knightmar e is. MPD is funny even if his ideas are stupid. Unfortunately stupidity can't be cured. I call him out on it all the time. It doesn't faze him one bit. He loves to talk in riddles too.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#11 Nov 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Albuquerque. LOVED the city. HATED the weather.
I moved from New York to the southwest 2 years ago, and chose Albuquerque because I thought it would be warm and sunny all the time, and not a HOT as Arizona.
I was shocked by the snow and cold, and in mid-December, 2011 I slipped in the snow IN ALBUQUERQUE, fell and broke my leg. That was the final straw. I moved to WARM, SUNNY, southern Arizona 2 weeks later.
I don't think it gets so cold here in Albuquerque as it does further north in NM.
Ah, I remember the snow fall of 2006, I fell and broke my ankle, both the tibia & fibula. It was a work of art trying to get around in crutches on the ice.
What part of Az do you live in now?
New York? AH, that is my dream, to one day visit New York. I have had a couple of friends that were from various parts, and they all spoke differently.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#12 Nov 8, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it gets so cold here in Albuquerque as it does further north in NM.
Ah, I remember the snow fall of 2006, I fell and broke my ankle, both the tibia & fibula. It was a work of art trying to get around in crutches on the ice.
What part of Az do you live in now?
New York? AH, that is my dream, to one day visit New York. I have had a couple of friends that were from various parts, and they all spoke differently.
I made the mistake of trying to help somebody out, out of the goodness of my Christian heart. It was mid-December, 2011 and I was carrying something heavy on my shoulder for them. There was only about an inch to an inch-and-a-half of snow on the ground, not much at all, but underneath it was several inches of mud. I slipped in the snow and mud carrying that damn thing on my shoulder, and fell.

It hurt, not real bad tho, so I thought I just sprained my ankle. But after 9 days, of the swelling not going down, I went to UNM. ANOTHER MISTAKE ! I sat there for 10 HOURS before seeing someone.

I must admit I was surprised when they told me I had a broken fibula, and they put a cast on my leg. The next day, I decided to move from Albuquerque to WARM, SUNNY, southern Arizona. I spent like 7 weeks in a cast and crutches. And that's a pain when you live with only 4 cats, and nobody to help you out.

I live in southern Arizona about midway between Tucson & Phoenix. I live at 33.00,-111.50, if you want to look at it on Google Earth or Google maps.

I was born in Brooklyn and lived on Long Island my entire life until moving here. Owned my own home in Patchogue for 25 years.

Now its just me and the cats !:)

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Dec 19, 2013
The Supremes Have Spoken. LEGAL.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Dec 19, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
The Supremes Have Spoken. LEGAL.
See my post and link about New Mexico legalizing equal marriage rights for us.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#15 Dec 19, 2013
It looks like we have won in New Mexico....read this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/new-...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#16 Jan 9, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
It looks like we have won in New Mexico....read this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/new-...
Not even close!

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Jan 9, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
It looks like we have won in New Mexico....read this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/new-...
http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerq...
Seems that SS will not process SSM name changes. They are processing retirement benefits, but...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18 Jan 9, 2014
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close!
How so?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#19 Jan 9, 2014
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close!
Yes we did get New Mexico.....or have you NOT read the ruling from the New Mexico Supreme Court? I even hear that the Governor of New Mexico ISN'T going to challenge it through legislation!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#20 Jan 9, 2014
Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerq...
Seems that SS will not process SSM name changes. They are processing retirement benefits, but...
That's discriminatory and wrong.......if the marriage is legal, then the Department of Social Security HAS to change the name.......remember DOMA Section 3 is GONE and therefore the SS in New Mexico needs to get with the times or face a lawsuit!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#21 Jan 9, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
Get That Fool must have had some heart failure when Marriage Equality came to her state......I wonder why she didn't do something to stop it from happening.......lol!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#22 Jan 9, 2014
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close!
From the ruling:

Prohibiting same-gender marriages is not substantially related to the governmental interests advanced by the parties opposing same-gender marriage or to the purposes we have identified. Therefore, barring individuals from marrying and depriving them of the rights, protections, and responsibilities of civil marriage solely because of their sexual orientation violates the Equal Protection Clause under Article II, Section 18 of the New Mexico Constitution. We hold that the State of New Mexico is constitutionally required to allow same-gender couples to marry and must extend to them the rights, protections, and responsibilities that derive from civil marriage under New Mexico law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/new-...

So, you'd be wrong plain and simple!!!

And it was a UNANIMOUS ruling as well<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 15 min Dont Homo Me 87
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 22 min Wondering 5,416
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 24 min Wondering 46,328
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 35 min Junket 217,515
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 1 hr jonjedi 79
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Strel 25,265
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) 2 hr Monsantos Mexico 78
More from around the web