Study Suggests People Can Identify To...

Study Suggests People Can Identify Tops & Bottoms in Gay Relationships

There are 108 comments on the EDGE story from Apr 10, 2013, titled Study Suggests People Can Identify Tops & Bottoms in Gay Relationships. In it, EDGE reports that:

Ever wonder if he's a top or bottom? Well, fret no more: A new study published in the April 2013 edition of Sexual Behavior claims that people are able to identify who "tops" and who "bottoms" in a gay relationship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46 Apr 11, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. My 1985 Libertarian Party Rule Book says NO BOTTOMING ! And I'm sticking to it !
:)
I rest my case! Who here thinks Fa-Foxy is stable and would be a good partner LOL.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#47 Apr 11, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case! Who here thinks Fa-Foxy is stable and would be a good partner LOL.
Since I dated drag queens almost exclusively, and since my fiancee of many years was a drag queen, THEY WEREN'T TOPS. Are you SURPRISED AT THAT ?!

And yes, I've ALWAYS been a TOP, ONLY ALWYAS. And I'm not alone in that.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#49 Apr 11, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I dated drag queens almost exclusively, and since my fiancee of many years was a drag queen, THEY WEREN'T TOPS. Are you SURPRISED AT THAT ?!
And yes, I've ALWAYS been a TOP, ONLY ALWYAS. And I'm not alone in that.
I didn't say you haven't been only a top. I'm saying that is potentially evidence you are not well-adjusted.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#50 Apr 11, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
They're tecnically decribed as: "FUN !:)"
how would you know claiming to only being a "top only"
You do realize masturbation does not count.

Oh and what ever is a tecnically decribed for someone that says they went to college I'd hate to have to read you're term paper or did you do it "orally"

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#51 Apr 11, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
how would you know claiming to only being a "top only"
You do realize masturbation does not count.
Oh and what ever is a tecnically decribed for someone that says they went to college I'd hate to have to read you're term paper or did you do it "orally"
My spelling ability is EXCELLENT.

My keyboarding skills are not as proficient as they shoud be.

And I thought you were going to ignore all my posts from now on ?!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#52 Apr 11, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
My spelling ability is EXCELLENT.
My keyboarding skills are not as proficient as they shoud be.
And I thought you were going to ignore all my posts from now on ?!
Ignoring your posts is like ignoring mosquitoes in Florida. You may be able to be stoic and NOT pay attention to the annoyance for a while, but soon it becomes unbearable and you HAVE to swat.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#53 Apr 11, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Ignoring your posts is like ignoring mosquitoes in Florida. You may be able to be stoic and NOT pay attention to the annoyance for a while, but soon it becomes unbearable and you HAVE to swat.
Ya missed !

:)
Barry Bali

Denpasar, Indonesia

#54 Apr 11, 2013
I don't think the expressions " top ' and " bottom "
have anything to do with masculine / feminine. To me, sex with another male has always been about lust between two men. I usually bottom, but I don't feel feminine nor do I want to be " feminised " by my partner.
There are certainly lots of effeminate men around who are likely to be bottoms, but they are also likely to be transgender and would rather have vaginas than penises.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#55 Apr 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
My spelling ability is EXCELLENT.
My keyboarding skills are not as proficient as they shoud be.
And I thought you were going to ignore all my posts from now on ?!
You silly Queen calling you out is one of the highlights of my day

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#56 Apr 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Ignoring your posts is like ignoring mosquitoes in Florida. You may be able to be stoic and NOT pay attention to the annoyance for a while, but soon it becomes unbearable and you HAVE to swat.
you hit the nail on the head except there aren't many mosquitoes in Florida at least not where I live

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#57 Apr 12, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
you hit the nail on the head except there aren't many mosquitoes in Florida at least not where I live
They're all at my house.

“Depravity abounds...”

Since: Mar 13

Orlando, FL

#58 Apr 12, 2013
Except the ones in my back yard... seriously how do you keep them away disaster, or is Port Richey just that lucky?
Anon

Mesa, AZ

#59 Apr 12, 2013
I've been called a "twink"since I started trying this stuff and at adult shops men usually approach me as the bottom

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#60 Apr 12, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
you hit the nail on the head except there aren't many mosquitoes in Florida at least not where I live
Oh, dear! I spent many long visits with my grandparents in Vero Beach and was eaten alive by mosquitoes!

My other relatives in Miami area all had completely screened in back yards, which was kind of cool, for you could leave your windows open at night.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#61 Apr 12, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
you hit the nail on the head except there aren't many mosquitoes in Florida at least not where I live
Well, maybe I should have said Alaska. I was there many years ago on the 4th of July and it was hideous with mosquitoes. They even have posters and pins and t-shirts calling the mosquito "Alaska's State Bird".

What was really stupid was that when it got to be "night" it was never darker than it is here at about 4 PM. They still did a fireworks show. Talk about NOT fun! Fireworks in the daylight.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#63 Apr 12, 2013
We have good mosquito control in Pasco,
now allot of people mistake noseems for mosquito's
locally known as flying teeth and in the flea family
honey they will eat you alive

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#64 Apr 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Well, maybe I should have said Alaska. I was there many years ago on the 4th of July and it was hideous with mosquitoes. They even have posters and pins and t-shirts calling the mosquito "Alaska's State Bird".
What was really stupid was that when it got to be "night" it was never darker than it is here at about 4 PM. They still did a fireworks show. Talk about NOT fun! Fireworks in the daylight.
that's funny we border central time so come July 4th they start shows at 7 and the sun don't set till 8:30

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#65 Apr 12, 2013
We never have Daylight Savings Time here. :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#66 Apr 12, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
We never have Daylight Savings Time here.:)
Institutionally out-of-step.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#67 Apr 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Institutionally out-of-step.
No.

State Law.

It's called "federalism" and "RESPECTING THE BILL OF RIGHTS". Something teh Democrats either know nothing about or are fervently opposed to.

And they're giving out FREE shotguns to people who want them here now !:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South 13 min Bruce 13
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 14 min Lawrence Wolf 360
News Kentucky clerk asks Supreme Court to intervene ... 19 min cpeter1313 22
News Court: No visitation rights for woman after sam... 27 min Rainbow Kid 2
News Kentucky clerk, citing God, defies courts on ga... 27 min DaveinMass 32
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 37 min NorCal Native 74
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 38 min nhjeff 3,242
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 49 min waste water is nasty 519
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 57 min Frankie Rizzo 25,912
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 1 hr Prep-for-Dep 1,264
More from around the web