Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments (Page 98)

Showing posts 1,941 - 1,960 of17,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's a laugh; same sex couples don't deal with accidental pregnancy, miscarriages and births. Same sex couples don't have abortions.
Gender segregation marriage is inferior to gender integration marriage because diversity is the spice of life.
LOL! It's funny to watch you make things up.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You think birth is a disadvantage? That explains why you support same sex marriage.
Same sex marriage is bad because it detracts from the marriage's role in family formation and stability. Same sex marriage just can't give government the same advantages conventional marriage gives; the next generation of taxpayers.
It doesn't detract from anything anywhere except in your imagination.

The only difference is your prejudice.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You think birth is a disadvantage? That explains why you support same sex marriage.
Same sex marriage is bad because it detracts from the marriage's role in family formation and stability. Same sex marriage just can't give government the same advantages conventional marriage gives; the next generation of taxpayers.
yes i do... with a world population riding at more than 500% of what the planet can support you should, also. with over 200,000 babies being born every day i'd say that too many families are getting formed.

not only that, but not ever genetic line is worth extending. in fact, most gene pools should be chlorinated... you seem to be a perfect example of this fact.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Those and Rushdoony !!!
aw, geez!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
No, not what he said, Brian. He said UNPLANNED birth is a disadvantage, as compared with PLANNED birth.

Again, you insult our intelligence by thinking we're too stupid to see how dumb your remarks are.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

dances with weebles wrote:
yes i do... with a world population riding at more than 500% of what the planet can support you should, also. with over 200,000 babies being born every day i'd say that too many families are getting formed.
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty.

not only that, but not ever genetic line is worth extending. in fact, most gene pools should be chlorinated... you seem to be a perfect example of this fact.
I understand what d.w.w. is saying, there are five times more people than he'd prefer, best four out of five of us die, to restore balance.

Same sex marriage is like advocating the deaths of 5,500,000,000 people. This is why we must protect marriage; for our souls.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
With marriage equality; gay couples with kids will qualify for the same $467,562.00 benefits; rights; and privileges that straight couples get
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/your-money/... ;
1,138 federal benefits all for the price of a $35 marriage license
What a deal!
Thank you, it's all about the money. Imagine how much more money our wasteful government would spend if same sex marriage was legal. We need to reform entitlements, not redefine marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
That's what it means to YOU ... so you had better not marry someone of the same sex as yourself or you will instantly become a crappy parent and generally uncivilized individual.
No wait ...
By definition, a child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless. I'm not saying homosexuals are crappy parents; they aren't.

Backlash is a historical force and scapegoating is political reality; same sex marriage is harmful to homosexuals.
AllTalk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I hate to say it but I think that Obama and all of these church and other religious leaders are both pretty much doing the same exact thing. Each side make a bunch of noise and follows up with threats and promises. THEN when it is all said and done both sides..........do nothing. Obama has been saying he would push through gay rights policies snd he has pretty much done squat - but man he has made a lot of noise and promises. The church? SAME EXACT thing - they have said for longer than I care to remember that there was going to be a big backlash and they would pull their support for the democratic party - etc etc. So far they have done about squat as well - there has been no backlash of any kind - simply a lot of noise, promises and threats but no action. Then BOTH sides having done absolutelt nothing other than making noise sit back and watch the people occupy themselves for another three months arguing about it. Aboutr three months later the whole process begins again right where it left off - both sides have done nothing. Everyone is too busy supporting the beliefs in the arguement to even notice that the "leaders" of the two sides have done absolutely nothing and seem to be content with that. Both set of leaders should put a sack on their head and sit in the corner - they are just making noise to get press and play to their supporters while essentially doing nothing - no heavy lifting is or will happen anytime in the near future on any of these issues - stalling is where the money is and that my friends is where the leaders from BOTH sides want to be.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
im my early twenties, i decided i did not want any children and i don't have any!!

everybody don't have to have children you crazy freak!

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>By definition, a child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless. I'm not saying homosexuals are crappy parents; they aren't.
Backlash is a historical force and scapegoating is political reality; same sex marriage is harmful to homosexuals.
how is same sex marriage harmful to homosexuals? PLEASE PRAY TELL!!!!!!!!!!

same sex couples need to take in all the children that are unwanted and abused by heterosexual people.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

dragonpat wrote:
im my early twenties, i decided i did not want any children and i don't have any!!
Good for you, but I've never told anyone they should or should not have children; that's not my way. I'm tolerant.

I do have strong values; having children and raising them well is a very good thing.

dragonpat wrote:
everybody don't have to have children you crazy freak!
Looks like you don't share my values; do you think not having children or raising them dependent on government is a good thing?

dragonpat wrote:
how is same sex marriage harmful to homosexuals? PLEASE PRAY TELL!!!!!!!!!!
Look at the title of this thread; backlash is a well documented historical force. Scapegoating is a political strategy; look what the Democratic Party is doing to you now!

dragonpat wrote:
same sex couples need to take in all the children that are unwanted and abused by heterosexual people.
Let's get serious, do you really think a same sex couple can provide the care, comfort and learning opportunity a child's mother and father can provide? What if the child wants to grow up and marry, should the model be two men or two women?

Why not be satisfied with marriage as male/female and you can do whatever you like in your personal life? Without male/female unions; there'd be no gay people.
Poly Marriage Equality

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
With marriage equality; gay couples with kids will qualify for the same $467,562.00 benefits; rights; and privileges that straight couples get
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/your-money/... ;
1,138 federal benefits all for the price of a $35 marriage license
What a deal!
Don't forget us.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad because it detracts from the marriage's role in family formation and stability.
Your marriage became unstable and broke up because a gay couple got married in another state?
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage just can't give government the same advantages conventional marriage gives; the next generation of taxpayers.
Our lives and relationships are supposed to serve the government?

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I appreciate your honesty.
<quoted text>I understand what d.w.w. is saying, there are five times more people than he'd prefer, best four out of five of us die, to restore balance.
Same sex marriage is like advocating the deaths of 5,500,000,000 people. This is why we must protect marriage; for our souls.
Seriously, do you sit around thinking, "No, wait, I can come up with something even dumber to post!".?

Gay marriage doesn't kill anybody, and it doesn't harm anybody's marriage.

Look, stupid, people are going to continue to reproduce. Period. Gay marriage, no marriage, whatever.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>By definition, a child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless.
And? This a circular statement, since a mother is a female parent, and a father a male one.
A child would be better off raised without a father than by you.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm not saying homosexuals are crappy parents; they aren't.
You're a sniveling coward (one reason you'd make a crappy dad), so you can't understand why someone would stand up for their rights despite the fact they might face some backlash.
You don't think there was any backlash against the civil rights movement of the 60's!?

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you, but I've never told anyone they should or should not have children; that's not my way. I'm tolerant.
I do have strong values; having children and raising them well is a very good thing.
<quoted text>Looks like you don't share my values; do you think not having children or raising them dependent on government is a good thing?
<quoted text>Look at the title of this thread; backlash is a well documented historical force. Scapegoating is a political strategy; look what the Democratic Party is doing to you now!
<quoted text>Let's get serious, do you really think a same sex couple can provide the care, comfort and learning opportunity a child's mother and father can provide?
If you were the father, a kid would be better off on the streets providing oral sex in exchange for drugs. It's the character, not the genitals, that are important.
Brian_G wrote:
What if the child wants to grow up and marry, should the model be two men or two women?
The child will want to marry a member of the gender they are attracted to.
Brian_G wrote:
Why not be satisfied with marriage as male/female and you can do whatever you like in your personal life? Without male/female unions; there'd be no gay people.
So what, stupid? Gay marriage won't get ring of male/female unions.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

<quoted text>
the statistics on both are based upon lies. get over it.
well i don't know, the first quote came from a pro gay web site who admitted that the statistics were true but were upset that apparently anti-gay entities were quoting their research.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the chat room; the fundamentaists are the ones who quote from the RSV and its various imitations
ok, then i'll just accept that your definition of a fundamentalist is rather loose. or is it that anyone who would be against gay marriage must be a fundamentalist?
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 87.
And this impacts Marriage how, exactly?
congratulations, may you see many more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,941 - 1,960 of17,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••