Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

MR REAL

United States

#13905 Nov 24, 2013
http://
www.twodollarclick.com/index.php ?
ref=opeyemix

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13906 Nov 24, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU say. Victimizations regularly occur.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-t...
You obviously don't know what The Onion is, do ya? It's NOT an actual official news source......but thanks for the humor!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13907 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know what The Onion is, do ya? It's NOT an actual official news source......but thanks for the humor!!!
Speaking of humor, was Broke-back Mountain SUPPOSED to be a comedy?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13908 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You pull an article from The Onion to make some point and when you get shown up for posting a spoof......you get upset and make fun of a movie that was based on a true story.......you are funny!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13909 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You pull an article from The Onion to make some point and when you get shown up for posting a spoof......you get upset and make fun of a movie that was based on a true story.......you are funny!!!
THIS was based on a true story?

That's the funniest sh!t I've ever seen in my life! Where's the KY, the 12 pack, and the lie the next day that "I was too drunk to know what I was doing?"

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13910 Nov 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending on entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries, intrusive new regulations around marriage making husband and wife gender neutral and higher taxes to pay for those entitlements and new litigation.
If you care about small government, keep marriage one man and one woman. Marriage isn't for everyone.
Don't you get tired of being the village idiot?

Location hidden

#13911 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
So YOU say. Victimizations regularly occur.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-t...
Apparently OFOTF is too stupid to know that the Onion is satire!!! What a moron!!

Location hidden

#13913 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm so happy your mom didn't abort you like she planned. You're a hoot!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13916 Nov 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
ANNNNNNNNND......The opposite sex parents are....SURPRISE... The biological mom and dad. Why do you wish to diminish the biological connection?
Not always. Some children are orphans. Some have been removed from their biological homes because of the toxic environment created by their parents.

Littleton, NH

#13917 Nov 24, 2013
As a Counselor in a Public High School I have the unfortunate task of informing you that the message of safe sex had NOT reached the next generation. Below is an all too common story heard in my office. I'll call the deceived 14 year old boy "nhjeff".
"An older man approached me after school to return to his house and play video games. One thing led to another and before I knew it we were barebacking (He claimed black men are allergic to latex. It makes them itch).
Well halfway through the deed he shrieked "I have AIDS!) I tried to buck him off, but he was too strong for me. Afterwards, in tears, I asked him why he had done this. He merely lit a Newport and said one word "reparations".
I try my best to steer these boys away from a self destructive lifestyle.
It is a shame that anyone as vindictive and dishonest as you has any responsibility at all for counseling children. Unfortunately, you're probably not even the worst. But that doesn't mean you aren't doing plenty of damage.

Want to do something wonderful for the kids in your school? Find a new line of work.

Littleton, NH

#13918 Nov 24, 2013
I forgot to mention racist.

Littleton, NH

#13919 Nov 24, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so happy your mom didn't abort you like she planned. You're a hoot!!
Not really. More of a plague on the children he counsels.

Littleton, NH

#13920 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
And yet the oldest and most well established Gay Man's Advocacy Group in the Nation, NAMBLA, disagrees.
"Sex before 8 or it's too late." Isn't THAT what you people say?
Check the link:
http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/outrageous...
Wow! You are older than I thought. How nineteen seventies to be talking about NAMBLA.

Of course, NAMBLA hardly represents gay men. It represents pedophiles. Nor is it any where near as old as many established gay groups. And I defy you to find any manifestation of NAMBLA outside the right wing wackos who have been beating the drums about this fringe group for forty years. If it exists at all, it is completely underground and not supported by any mainstream gay advocacy organization.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13921 Nov 24, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
I forgot to mention racist.
Did I miss something?
What was racist about repeating a story exactly as it was told to me?
Should I have sanitized it for your delicate sensibilities?

Littleton, NH

#13922 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Did I miss something?
What was racist about repeating a story exactly as it was told to me?
Should I have sanitized it for your delicate sensibilities?
We'll simply let your words speak for themselves. None of here are surprised when homophobes also hate other people who are "different."
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13923 Nov 24, 2013
Did I make up this post from the CDC too, or is the CDC racist?
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/racialethnic/aa/
African Americans accounted for an estimated 44% of all new HIV infections among adults and adolescents (aged 13 years or older) in 2010, despite representing only 12% to14% of the US population.

In 2010, black men accounted for 70%(14,700) of the estimated 20,900 new HIV infections among all adult and adolescent blacks. The estimated rate of new HIV infection for black men (103.6/100,000 population) was seven times as high as that of white men, twice as high as that of Latino men, and nearly three times as high as among black women.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13924 Nov 24, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If it exists at all, it is completely underground and not supported by any mainstream gay advocacy organization.
How about the American Psychiatric Association?
http://www.libertynews.com/2013/11/outrageous...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13925 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called being BISEXUAL and there is NOTHING wrong with her going from one gender to another....
She chose to identify as a lesbian, you also have chosen to identify as a lesbian, as did Mrs De Blasio. So how do you know you're not BISEXUAL?
..I know lots of folks who are bisexual and they can go from men to women and it's NO big thing for them!!!!
Most married men are bisexual, they have sex twice a year! One on their birthday, and once on Christmas.:)
Thanks for showing your ignorance on the issue!!!
Oh...no....no...no....thank you for telling other women their lesbian identity isn't up to your standards.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13926 Nov 24, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll simply let your words speak for themselves. None of here are surprised when homophobes also hate other people who are "different."
Really? And yet, if you are the victim of a hate crime it will statistically be most likely at the hands of a black man.
http://www.blacklightonline.com/phobia.html
Oh, wait! That BLACK authored article must be racist!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13927 Nov 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
See Pete it's NOT me who is diminishing ANY biological connection....
No, Nor, it's you
..it's YOU trying to make one set of parents MORE superior to the other and that's simply NOT correct or right!!!
"More superior"? What are you talking about? We're all human, have a mother and father, and are products of them. So yes, all other factors being equal, one's own biological parents, mother AND father are superior to one single bio mother, or father, and her/his same sex partner. Is that the way you view your own parents?
You are seriously blinded by the reality of life and raising children.......
Uhhhh.....huh....those four children I created and are raising are just figments of my imagination. Silly me, perhaps if I just have a little rainbow punch, I see the light.(Rolls eyes) Oh Madone.
a two parent raising children is the better environment but the two parents can be mom/dad, mom/mom, dad/dad, aunt/uncle, aunt/aunt, uncle/uncle or grandparents.......and there is NOTHING wrong with a single parent raising children if that happens!!!
Don't forget plural marriage families too! But the best of them all is one' sown married mom and dad in a stable home. I had it, as did my parents, grandparents, and my children as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clock ticking, but tweaks in play for N. Caroli... 8 min NOM s Waffle House 3
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 9 min Brian_G 779
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 10 min sharona 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 30 min Respect71 37,361
Great Gays 42 min Gay History 1
News Anti-gay parents compare LGBT student group at ... 53 min Robin Hood 35
News EEOC files 1st sexual orientation discriminatio... 1 hr Robin Hood 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Just Think 13,096
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 hr country 964
More from around the web