Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13819 Nov 22, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>talk about sounding ridiculous....
there is nothing made up. statistics speak for themselves.
so let's take something that can not be subjective, the state championship cross country race here in alabama.
the fastest girl from all the schools would not have been any better than 212 against the boys from all the schools. in other words she would have been more than 100 places behind my son who would have been 100 places behind the fastest runner.
nothing made up there. Girls can not race on an even playing field with the boys.
she would not even have made most of the teams not to mention that the rest of them would have no chance.
so let's talk about your 'girl' with male genitalia. a male body has a better bone structure as well as a hormonal difference that accounts for the main reason that any boy being allowed to compete on a girl's team would not be safe or fair for the girls on the other team.
your ignorance of basic human biology is astounding.
or perhaps your political agenda is blinding.
Still no specific dangers or safety issues, just broad brushstrokes I see.

I don't care how fast your son can run, you still have no claim to state that no girl in the country could beat him.

Are the qualifications for who qualifies for a team changed for a transgendered person? Yes or no? End of story.

You and those like you remain the reason that laws like California's are required.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13820 Nov 22, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still completely unable to demonstrate how you are personally affected. Got it.
And please don't ever assume to speak for what I do or don't care about. You're a bigot, you would have no concept of what I care about. But I will state this....NO, I'm not concerned about elevated physical dangers that you have yet to demonstrate exist. As I noted before, only sheeple like yourself concern themselves with make believe.
no, it is evident that you are not a feminist nor do you care about the well being of women.
you are a self centered homosexual who demands that the rest of us celebrate your life style.
you might get some respect if you would not sound so foolish in your claim that there is no danger to women and it would be completely fair if a male body was allowed to compete on a girl's team simply because he said that he was a female trapped in a male body.

Location hidden

#13821 Nov 22, 2013
Apparently in Barry's neck of the trailer park, there are a lot of dangers associated with running. Lot's of safety issues that arise if one isn't equipped with a penis.

Sorry Barry, but in California they don't believe in "justifiable discrimination". In California the mental well being of ALL students is placed above those individual girls that wish to engage in sports and who then cry and bitch and moan because they might get beaten.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13822 Nov 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
in alabama & in other parts of the (confederate) south?
you bet it would be a thriving vital business.
LOL.
lol is right. they do exist in a few remote parts of alabama. no one would call them thriving or vital. I don't even think that they would call themselves thriving. and the only people living in them are all related. even redneck whites wouldn't live in them.

Location hidden

#13823 Nov 22, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is evident that you are not a feminist nor do you care about the well being of women.
You have absolutely no grounds on which to make either accusation. Typical fundie sheep just making shyt up. You've presented no danger for the well being of women, nor have you presented anything close to a feminist point of view to be considered.

Feel free to try a different backhanded insult. This one failed miserably.
barry wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a self centered homosexual who demands that the rest of us celebrate your life style.
Really. Present the exact post where I "demanded" that you celebrate anything about me moron. Come on now. Provide a link to this "demand". We'll sit back as you cowardly avoid doing so.

Oh, and just fyi, homosexuality doesn't qualify as a "lifestyle" you moron. Try buying a dictionary. You don't know jack shyt about what my lifestyle is you ridiculous bigot.
barry wrote:
<quoted text>
you might get some respect if you would not sound so foolish in your claim that there is no danger to women and it would be completely fair if a male body was allowed to compete on a girl's team simply because he said that he was a female trapped in a male body.
I have all the respect I need and then some assclown. I have no desire for YOUR respect because you're an idiot and a bigot. I don't concern myself with respect from people like that.

You know absolutely NOTHING when it comes to matters concerning gender identity or sexual orientation. The only one sounding foolish is you, every single time you post. You're in way over your head, thinking you can come in here peacocking your 1990s religious talking points and actually be taken seriously.

How you coming on supplying all the ways that society has benefited from discrimination. Will you be providing that anytime soon coward?

"Discrimination is healthy part of society".- Barry/Rainsville, AL

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13824 Nov 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is discrimination, segregation means disunity and separatism. We prefer the perfect sex integration of one man and one woman marriage, for affirmative action and diversity.
YOU may prefer to be married to someone of the opposite-sex......but I'M happy to be married to my wife.....someone of the Same-Sex who is my soul mate:-)

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13825 Nov 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
YOU may prefer to be married to someone of the opposite-sex......but I'M happy to be married to my wife.....someone of the Same-Sex who is my soul mate:-)
Do you belong to any all white clubs?
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13826 Nov 22, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you under the impression its up for debate? Or are you under the impression that you have some sort of insight that the person themselves don't have? Is it a habit for you to try and label people as liars? When someone tells you they are left handed do you think it's a challenge? Get a life.
<quoted text>
The only one using the word "confused" is you and sheeple like you. There's no confusion for the transgendered person, or for those of us who have educated ourselves on the matter.
Again, are you under the impression that you have special insight into that person's psyche that would make the issue up for debate?
<quoted text>
No, only humans with a conscience and a sense of morality and compassion must accept it. Ignoramuses like yourself are free to think about it and bitch about it however you like. The world moves on without you. Again, enjoy your Hazel Massery Award, you've earned it dear.
so perhaps you can tell us...
is Chirlane McCray homosexual...
34 years ago McCray penned a groundbreaking 1979 essay for Essence entitled,“I Am a Lesbian,” about coming out as a gay...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/de-b...

or is she now a heterosexual?
19 years ago she married the now newly elected mayor of new york and gave birth to two children by him.

so was she a homosexual that really was bisexual and didn't know it or has she been 'changed'?
we had her word for it but....
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13827 Nov 22, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>brains can be trained if one has any. bodies have to be changed. scientific information changes all the time.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender can NOT be trained moron.
classy
so if brains can be trained and bodies can be changed, in your opinion what determines gender? can gender be changed?

Location hidden

#13828 Nov 22, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>so perhaps you can tell us...
is Chirlane McCray homosexual...
34 years ago McCray penned a groundbreaking 1979 essay for Essence entitled,“I Am a Lesbian,” about coming out as a gay...
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/de-b...
or is she now a heterosexual?
19 years ago she married the now newly elected mayor of new york and gave birth to two children by him.
so was she a homosexual that really was bisexual and didn't know it or has she been 'changed'?
we had her word for it but....
All you needed to do was read the article idiot.

"McCray, who said she doesn’t like labels, declined to call herself bisexual, but suggested that she can still be attracted to women."

Based on that, I would say that she can be attracted to both genders but doesn't like labels. For that reason, I won't be applying one to her. Why you feel you need to is beyond me.
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13829 Nov 22, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They still exist in the south and they thrive. They may not have advertising acknowledging it, but they definitely make sure the rules are known. Are you really this stupid?
<quoted text>
She wanted to make sure her feeling on the matter were known, when her feelings about it were never solicited. Her religious freedom is irrelevant. She was free to disagree with the marriage the entire time she performed her job. And her discrimination towards these two individuals demonstrates that morality wasn't an issue she was concerned about. Her religious freedoms don't provide her with privileges placing her above the law.
Your florist is a bigot.
<quoted text>
I'm already married, and you are completely unaffected by that fact. I wouldn't drag you across water if your bigoted head was on fire.
you must be such a sweet person.
my discussion on this subject has nothing to do with your right to be 'married'.
my discussion is about you insisting that everyone who happens to have a religious conviction based on their understanding of morality must be dragged into servicing and supporting your wedding.

so now you make this claim...
'They still exist in the south and they thrive. They may not have advertising acknowledging it, but they definitely make sure the rules are known. Are you really this stupid?'

how about a link or some kind of proof, or must it be so because you think so?

Location hidden

#13830 Nov 22, 2013
barry wrote:
barry wrote:
<quoted text>brains can be trained if one has any. bodies have to be changed. scientific information changes all the time.
<quoted text>classy
so if brains can be trained and bodies can be changed, in your opinion what determines gender? can gender be changed?
Why do you feel anyone is here to do research for you?

If you disagree with the statement that I made, present an argument against it. Stop with your childish re-direct alternate reality questions. They are simply further evidence that you are clueless when it comes to what is being discussed here.

Take some time off. Consult some medical and psychological research on he issue and then come back. At least you will be more interesting then.

But before you go, please do supply us with the benefit that society has received as a result of justifiable discrimination. LOL!!!

barry

Pisgah, AL

#13831 Nov 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll leave that to you. Barry raises a valid point, same sex sexual attraction/"orientation " relies on the declaration of the individual.
<quoted text>
Poor analogy. By the point the doctor has informed the patient s/he has cancer, the patient would have undergone various medical tests. Evidence of the cancer.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>...and you think children get to self diagnose gender identity disorder?
actually i think that is what it comes down to. if you have cancer there are medical tests that prove it and no one can debate it with out physically proving it wrong.
a doctor may claim that johnny may really be juana but it would be his opinion based on subjective test he may or may not have run. any other doctor would be free to have a contrary opinion based on his subjective tests.
who would be right?
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13832 Nov 22, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender identity disorder is defined in the DSM. It is a treatable condition, but it requires medical intervention to resolve. If GID were not a disorder, why would it require medical treatment?
just curious, what is the goal of the treatment and how is it achieved?
barry

Pisgah, AL

#13833 Nov 22, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, she could have made MORE money by simply providing her services without discrimination.
moral convictions and religious freedom are not slaves to making money.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13834 Nov 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you belong to any all white clubs?
Actually, I DON'T belong to ANY all white clubs and it's irrelevant to my marriage......because MARRIAGE is NOT an exclusive club for ONLY those who want to marry an opposite-sex person......so again your point is MOOT!!!
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13835 Nov 22, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numb nuts: Rapists and pedophiles are sexual predators who victimize others. There is no comparison with gays or lesbians involved in consensual relationships.
When men sexually victimize other men or women sexually victimize other women, they get no free pass for being gay. Nor do pedophiles get a pass for their attraction to immature targets.
Au cotraire. your compatriot stated: "Sexual orientation has as much to do with morality as gravity does"
Who then, are YOU to judge pedophiles, goat-ophiles, or rolling donut-ophiles? Gravity, right?
See where your moral vacuum leads you?
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13836 Nov 22, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, buttercup, we were discussing sexual orientation, not pedophilia or rape. Is there a reason for your obfuscation?
Yes. you clearly stated: "Sexual orientation has as much to do with morality as gravity does."

Natural Laws like gravity are amoral. Hence, ANY sex act one feels "oriented" toward is, using your argument, as inevitable and beyond judgement as gravity...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13837 Nov 22, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>just curious, what is the goal of the treatment and how is it achieved?
The first step in treatment is to determine whether the individual would actually be more comfortable presenting as the opposite sex. Once sex-change has been determined to be desirable, there are several levels of treatment: Presenting as the desired sex through clothing, mannerisms, voice, etc. Hormone therapy to modify body characteristics such as body hair, voice, and breasts. Ultimately, some patients will undergo surgery to change genitalia.

Different patients choose different levels of treatment.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13838 Nov 22, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Au cotraire. your compatriot stated: "Sexual orientation has as much to do with morality as gravity does"
Who then, are YOU to judge pedophiles, goat-ophiles, or rolling donut-ophiles? Gravity, right?
See where your moral vacuum leads you?
The only vacuum is between your ears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 32 min Federal Contracto... 94
News Egyptian Police Using Gay Dating Apps To Hunt Gays 1 hr david traversa 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 38,891
News Clooney's restraining order 2 hr Here is what I 57
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 2 hr Fa-Foxy 22
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 3 hr JODECKO 147
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 hr who cares 16,119
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 7 hr Mite Be 27
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 8 hr WasteWater 49
More from around the web