Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments
12,201 - 12,220 of 17,568 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
This never HAD to be a competition, with winners and losers at all. We never invited anyone into a friendly game of "block my pursuit of my rights". Other people (mostly religious) FORCED us into that game, and we've earned a little schaudenfreude now that it didn't go the way they expected.
Same for polygamists.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
This never HAD to be a competition, with winners and losers at all. We never invited anyone into a friendly game of "block my pursuit of my rights". Other people (mostly religious) FORCED us into that game, and we've earned a little schaudenfreude now that it didn't go the way they expected.
Talk to lides. He's doing the same stuff against marriage equality for people he doesn't like.

Don't hog all the vicitmhood. There's plenty to go around.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, it isn't the same argument. Homosexuals seek equal protection for two individuals to marry, polygamists seek greater protection of the law for three or more.
<quoted text>
There was a topix game for a while. I really don't care about them, it was simply something that registered users got through use of the site. Of course, you would have to be brave enough to actually register instead of hiding behind an unregistered avatar and posting under multiple names.
"Greater" protection. Too funny. How can someone get "greater" protection? There is no "greater" protection to give them than equal protection and everybody gets that already dummy.

You a a greater idiot than you appear to be.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
You are arguing against good peoples rights and doing it poorly.
There is no right to polygamy, Blankie.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to recognize gender. Same argument. Own it.
Bottom line. I support marriage equality and you do not.
This ain't the marriage equality forum, retardo.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you would have to be brave enough to actually register instead of hiding behind an unregistered avatar and posting under multiple names.
I have a crooked biased mod on me. If I register he deletes it. I can prove this, he has admitted it, bragged about it. If he were brave enough to deal with me intellectually instead of with cowardice and dishonesty, I still would be registered.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law, and is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Are you an idiot? Because when you return to this irrelevant drivel, it certainly looks like you are.
Oh the irony.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a crooked biased mod on me. If I register he deletes it. I can prove this, he has admitted it, bragged about it. If he were brave enough to deal with me intellectually instead of with cowardice and dishonesty, I still would be registered.
It couldn't possibly be YOUR fault, could it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
This ain't the marriage equality forum, retardo.
It ain't the angry ad hominem forum either but that doesn't stop you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no right to polygamy, Blankie.
Polygamy is a perfectly appropriate topic in any discussion of marriage X-Box. Calm down and get on topic?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"Greater" protection. Too funny. How can someone get "greater" protection? There is no "greater" protection to give them than equal protection and everybody gets that already dummy.
You a a greater idiot than you appear to be.
By including more than two people in one marriage. It isn't difficult to understand, Frankie. That you seemingly don't says more about you than anything else.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Have you ever considered registering and not being a troll?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is a perfectly appropriate topic in any discussion of marriage X-Box. Calm down and get on topic?
Perfectly appropriate red herring.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the state suing?
Why do you feel it's other people's responsibility to do your research?
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACLU is losing so much credibility.
According to you. No one cares about what you find credible, you're a proven liar.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They are trying to defend Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon terrorist.
So? Is he not entitled to defense? Last I knew, defense was a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Oh, that's right, you fundies don't like Constitutional rights when they disagree with your prejudices.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Same for polygamists.
I think I've made my position on polygamy clear. You're a polygamist. I'm a polygamist. We just show some restraint, and settle on one mate. Some people don't like that idea. It doesn't mean anyone has been "blocking their rights". How long did polygamists have to fight to serve openly in the military?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
UCLA prof of law. Says the slippery slope is real but insignificant. I agree. Instead of telling them the slippery slope is not real you should agree that it is real but it doesn't matter.
But silly Frankie. I'm the bad guy. Don't listen to me. You keep insisting it doesn't exist, you know best! But remember. People don't buy bullsh!t. Even the dummies. And bullsh!t is not the way to make your case.
Things have changed since 2008. His argument is a fallacy. He should resign and become a janitor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I've made my position on polygamy clear. You're a polygamist. I'm a polygamist. We just show some restraint, and settle on one mate. Some people don't like that idea. It doesn't mean anyone has been "blocking their rights". How long did polygamists have to fight to serve openly in the military?
Still fighting. If the military finds out they are polygamists they will be discharged with prejudice and sentenced to prison. So I don't know they answer to your question but I do know that homosexuals can openly serve in the military but polygamists cannot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Things have changed since 2008. His argument is a fallacy. He should resign and become a janitor.
He is in full support of SSM. And was in 2008 too. His paper was an attempt to settle the slippery slope argument and he did an excellent job in that paper.

If you would just be reasonable you'd tell them yes, the slippery slope is real but here's why it doesn't matter. But you choose to spin it. That makes enemies, not supporters.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He already IS something, that you want to pretend he isn't, based solely on physical indicators that you have established as a benchmark of something that they are not a benchmark for.
Gender is established by the brain moron, not the genitals. Perhaps if you invested in some research and scientific information culled post 1950 you would know this.
But please, don't let facts get in the way of your continued delight in publically demonstrating how ridiculously uneducated you are on the matters being discussed.
Morons like you that peacock their ignorance are a HOOT!
"Gender is established by the brain moron, not the genitals. Perhaps if you invested in some research and scientific information culled post 1950 you would know this."
wow, that is clueless.
dna, chromosomes and physical indicators/attributes have nothing to do with it.
do you know how stupid you sound?
the brain can be washed. physical "indicators can be changed. dna and Chromosomes as of yet can't be.

how about they accept themselves for who they are and how they are made and stop trying to say they are something they are not?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly appropriate red herring.
Polygamy is good people's choice of marriage. It is not a fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 20 min Democratic USA 745
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Mississippi Man 49,266
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 47 min Frankie Rizzo 3,971
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 67,876
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Gerbil 54,826
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr Gerbil 1,541
HIV is a Gay Disease (Oct '06) 1 hr lgbt is silly 285
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 154

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
•••