Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17554 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#12901 Nov 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
You realize you have the same fundamental right to marry as any other man, and that no infringement is taking place except in your rainbow world of Androgynous.
You look like a fool when you attempt to parrot legal concepts and you do not fully grasp them to begin with.
Of course, thus far you have lacked the intelligence to defend this position by offering a compelling governmental interest served by limiting the legal protection of marriage to opposite sex couples.

Can you offer such an interest, which would render your position valid and prove that you aren't a complete fool?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12902 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez, Blankie. You're so lame, I bet you think this post is about you.
Xbox is singing Carly Simon songs.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#12903 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll comment. Why are you, personally, so damn interested in other people's sex lives?
"....other people's sex lives"? That's what you read? Or maybe, read into what I wrote. Work on your reading comprehension skills.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12907 Nov 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"....other people's sex lives"? That's what you read? Or maybe, read into what I wrote. Work on your reading comprehension skills.
Well, duh..... of course that's what I read. WHY are you so interested in other people's sex lives? My reading comprehension skills are just fine and they have nothing to do with your denial mechanisms.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12909 Nov 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully you are a dying breed.
Oy, don't I know it. We all are. But I hear you. With some, it's a good thing for the world but it's a matter of opinion who they are. My opinion would be X-Box! YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah Good Times!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12910 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, duh..... of course that's what I read. WHY are you so interested in other people's sex lives? My reading comprehension skills are just fine and they have nothing to do with your denial mechanisms.
Aw, get your feelings hurt when someone criticizes your reading skills Miss Ad hominem? Too bad. Own it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12911 Nov 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Xbox is singing Carly Simon songs.
X-Box is so lame, she probably thinks topix is about her. Catchy. Thanks Carly!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12912 Nov 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, thus far you have lacked the intelligence to defend this position by offering a compelling governmental interest served by limiting the legal protection of marriage to opposite sex couples.
Can you offer such an interest, which would render your position valid and prove that you aren't a complete fool?
You said render. he he he.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12913 Nov 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, get your feelings hurt when someone criticizes your reading skills Miss Ad hominem? Too bad. Own it.
You would know all about poor reading skills, Blankie.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12914 Nov 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
X-Box is so lame, she probably thinks topix is about her. Catchy. Thanks Carly!
Way to go, PeeWee
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12915 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go, PeeWee
Censorship sucks.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12916 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll comment. Why are you, personally, so damn interested in other people's sex lives?
I'll comment too. Why are you so damn interested in why he is so damn interested in other people's sex lives?

YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12917 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go, PeeWee
Thank you Miss Thing. You can count on me.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12918 Nov 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know all about poor reading skills, Blankie.
It's OK when you do it but boy you sure don't like it the other way around do you? Typical.

When backed into an intellectual corner, tell 'em they can't read. Then cry bloody murder when they do it back.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12919 Nov 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you continue to support the denial of rights of polygamists to have their marriages recognized. Nice Wastey....real nice.
Newsflash! You ALREADY HAVE THE SAME RIGHT.....see....ya made me have to shout to state a fact, a legal fact. Thanks for forgetting that. though. All men are treated the same, as are all women in regards to marriage. Equal rights for all....isn't grand!
Morrill Act.

NEXT
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12920 Nov 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Morrill Act.
NEXT
Is the same bigotry as DOMA.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#12921 Nov 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian is a fundy shill.
That would explain the pathological lying he does.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12922 Nov 10, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would explain the pathological lying he does.
What's your explanation?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#12923 Nov 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Morrill Act.
NEXT
C'mon Wastey, we both know that's a cop out. SSMer can't argue for the elimination of the union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, as the sole legal understanding of marriage without, in essence, advocating for polygamy too. Its just as much "discrimination" to bar legal recognition of ssm as it is for plural marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12924 Nov 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's OK when you do it but boy you sure don't like it the other way around do you? Typical.
When backed into an intellectual corner, tell 'em they can't read. Then cry bloody murder when they do it back.
I love that story. Make up another goofy story for our amusement. We really enjoy how you can mix up the details from only three sentences and turn it into something unrecognizable. You are a true bullshit artiste.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 min freedom2016 2,197
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 57 min petrol 4,743
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Lixy9440 22,560
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 4 hr Sorry Hill 54
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 5 hr guest 534
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr River Tam 43,078
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 6 hr Dalton 20
More from around the web