Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17554 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#11406 Oct 14, 2013
Mad Buck Growl wrote:
Because it opened a pandoras box and not only does the joo run govt decide who can and CAN'T get married but it also is rationalization for the preposterous concept of ss parenting, thus denying a child the basic "human rights" to be "endowed" with a female mother as ALL species are endowed with. You must really hate your mama.
Of course, your assertion is absurd, and is disproven by any number of situations that the government allows. There is no human right to opposite sex parents to raise a child. The state illustrates this, as they allow single parenthood. Single adoption, and even same sex adoption.

Sorry Charlie, unless you can come up with a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry, such a restriction remains unconstitutional.

Your rationalizations regarding child rearing are utterly irrelevant.
Mad Buck Growl

Huntington, MA

#11407 Oct 14, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, your assertion is absurd, and is disproven by any number of situations that the government allows. There is no human right to opposite sex parents to raise a child. The state illustrates this, as they allow single parenthood. Single adoption, and even same sex adoption.
Sorry Charlie, unless you can come up with a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry, such a restriction remains unconstitutional.
Your rationalizations regarding child rearing are utterly irrelevant.
ABSURD? Since ONLY a man and a woman can naturally conceive a child is somehow absurd or DISPROVEN? Are you fn kiddin me? No human rights to opposite sex parents to raise a child? WTF is wrong with you?! The govt doesn't ALLOW single parenthood because it is a matter of fact and an unfortunate fact at that. Nonetheless, a single parent home IS ss parenting. That's what also leads to 'welfare' as well and welfare is the meat and potatoes of the democratic party. Your 'opinions' on child rearing ARE irrelevant. You give the appearence of Joseph Mengele and Ernst Roehm all into one. You do hate your mama, FOOL!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11408 Oct 14, 2013
Mad Buck Growl wrote:
ABSURD? Since ONLY a man and a woman can naturally conceive a child is somehow absurd or DISPROVEN? Are you fn kiddin me? No human rights to opposite sex parents to raise a child? WTF is wrong with you?! The govt doesn't ALLOW single parenthood because it is a matter of fact and an unfortunate fact at that. Nonetheless, a single parent home IS ss parenting. That's what also leads to 'welfare' as well and welfare is the meat and potatoes of the democratic party. Your 'opinions' on child rearing ARE irrelevant. You give the appearence of Joseph Mengele and Ernst Roehm all into one. You do hate your mama, FOOL!
Thanks, a) that was the most incoherent bunch of drivel I have seen in quote some time, b) you've proven Godwin's law (somewhat earlier than it usually occurs), and c) You continue to make irrelevant arguments. The reality is that legal marriage has no requirement of procreation, and this is illustrated by the fact that the state allows infertile heterosexual couples to legally marry.

Do you have a valid argument against same sex marriage? I don't think you do. Better yet, can you come up with a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional? I know you cannot.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11409 Oct 14, 2013
If you wish to get the feel of how a communist thinks just read Lides' remarks on a daily basis.
Government this and government that, so if you want to know and if you don't know already what the problem really is here in America it is the govt itself.
It cost the taxpayers 400+ million dollars just to set up the healthcare webpage that didn't work. I wonder how much of the taxpayers dollars were wasted the last 10 years on so called ssm? Communists are good for something though and that is stealing from one to provide the welfare of another and keep them there.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11410 Oct 14, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel first.
Did you say something?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11411 Oct 14, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Liar wrote:
If you wish to get the feel of how a communist thinks just read Lides' remarks on a daily basis.
Yes, because a communist would be an advocate of equal protection of the law.

Feel free to call names. The reality remains that you are ignorant of the US Constitution, and mentally incapable of articulating a valid argument in support of your position. So, what you are left with are trite and childish name calling, which makes you look like a fool.

Well played.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11412 Oct 14, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because a communist would be an advocate of equal protection of the law.
There it is folks! The baby killer admitting his communist ways of selective and speacial rights that mold or conform to his societal destructive policies. It took me five years to do it, but by Jesus I got it out of him.
Down with Israel!

rotflmao
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11413 Oct 14, 2013
Even Vladimir Lenin stated if you 'control' the nations healthcare system you then 'control' the people. Nothing equal or free about that! It even stated such IN THE CONSTITUTION THAT THE GOVT CAN FORCE ANYONE TO BUY ANYTHING!
You should be arrested, tried, and ______ as a traitor to the republic and I have confidence in a patriotic nation that one day you will.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11414 Oct 14, 2013
"CAN'T FORCE"
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11415 Oct 14, 2013
Comrade Lides and death panels.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11416 Oct 14, 2013
Get help Biggest Liar, you appear to be completely delusional.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#11417 Oct 14, 2013
Delusional? I know a communist when I see one!
Down with Israel!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11418 Oct 14, 2013
You are both an idiot, and off topic. It appears that you lack the mental capacity to offer a rational argument, and instead offer your delusional diatribes.

Congratulations, you have illustrated that you have nothing of any import to say. You've also illustrated that you don't really understand the US Constitution, or what communism is.

Well played, if you wanted to make yourself appear to be completely witless.
Lides the Commie

Agawam, MA

#11419 Oct 14, 2013
We tell your children what and how to think. We tell them about sexual depravity. The younger we corrupt your children and lie to them the better, just like Israel itself, ssm is a lie.
The tax code must go and you should go with it.
Down with Israel!
Lides the Commie

Agawam, MA

#11420 Oct 14, 2013
Anal sex with anything is not only unnatural but dangerous, very dangerous.
Down with Israel!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#11421 Oct 14, 2013
Lides the Commie wrote:
We tell your children what and how to think. We tell them about sexual depravity. The younger we corrupt your children and lie to them the better, just like Israel itself, ssm is a lie.
The tax code must go and you should go with it.
Down with Israel!
Awwww how cute. You suffer from MPD. You really need to get some professional help.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Agawam, MA

#11422 Oct 14, 2013
Israel is Cancer.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Agawam, MA

#11423 Oct 14, 2013
They don't call it The World's Biggest Lie for nothing. Democrats program their legion to oppose the war but not to figure out who manipulates and runs the whole show, Israel.
Just tell em GWB did it, a Christian.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#11424 Oct 14, 2013
No Comment wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, actually, there is, numbskull. How can you demand equal protection for yourself, and advocate denying it to individuals you disagree with,....hypocrite?
Equal protection isn't absolute, silly. The harm that comes to a society from legalized polygamy is well documented. Our government may deny equal protection if it gives a rational State interest.

Go back out in the sun and fry the rest of your brain.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#11425 Oct 14, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, a) that was the most incoherent bunch of drivel I have seen in quote some time, b) you've proven Godwin's law (somewhat earlier than it usually occurs), and c) You continue to make irrelevant arguments..
He's off his Thorazine drip, obviously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 min TRUMP WINNERS 1,969
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 min June VanDerMark 12,266
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min Respect71 42,796
News Barney Frank speaking at launch of LGBT justice... 25 min Lipz156 5
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 58 min dan whites bromha... 10
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 22,355
News Does federal law forbid workplace discriminatio... 2 hr Banster 7
More from around the web