Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

anonymousofcours e

Honolulu, HI

#4865 Jun 23, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can have children. You don't have to be in a monogamous, heterosexual relationship to have or raise kids. And you don't have to have kids to get married. Your statement doesn't make sense. And I feel the government should encourage gay marriage. It can only help gay people, and their families, and it hurts no one.
UNLESS......(sometimes it helps to put it down on paper).....If a homosexual child can be raised by a heterosexual couple without discrimination and do just fine......then I guess the reverse can be the same.

So....judging by what my own words say in all of my posts.....I am NOT God and it's MY job to find a way to not judge (even if I don't hate, I still should not question another's choices unless it takes away my right to do the same.

Ok! I just answered my own question........Thanks for the post!

I love being human .....it's humbling!
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4866 Jun 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it not make sense? Societies have recognized and favored marriage, as either a monogamous union of husband and wife, or a polygamous union of husband and wives, for the obvious reason that sex between men and women makes babies. The American legal concept of marriage, which is rooted in English common law, is very simple. One man and one woman, of age, not currently married, and not closely related by blood.
The state benefits, as does society at large when men and women marry, and both sex, and conception take place within the marital relationship. Of course there's no legal requirement to marry first in order to have children or sex. Why would there need to be?
If gay marriage is such a help to gay people, why then do so few, that can marry, same sex, actually do? Why do more female couples marry than male? Why do male relationships tend to be less monogamous than female ones?
Societies have also recognized monogamous unions and polyandry within Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, Japan, and many Native American cultures. And that's only in most states. Other states allow gays to marry. And of course there is no legal requirement for people to have kids, because marriage is more about stability than just having kids. Also, I don't know. I'm not gay. All I know is that it's unfair to deny marriage to people that want it simply based upon their sex.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4867 Jun 23, 2013
*monogamous, gay unions and polyandry
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4868 Jun 23, 2013
anonymousofcourse wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue personally with any sexual orientation and their rights.
One thing I struggle with is the children part. Only reason, is that a child comes from a man and a woman. How does that affect a child who has been raised from birth in a homosexual household? Have they done studies on this? What is your take on this? BTW: i'm being sincere....thanks. Also, BTW: if I knew of a homosexual couple raising a child, I would not hate them or try to take away their rights. I would just still being mulling over whether or not it is healthy for a child. Anyway....
http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parents-as-g...

From what I've seen, studies show that kids under gays do fine. I also know a gay father. He's a great dad. Pretty much saved the kids from a like of Third World BS.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4869 Jun 23, 2013
*from a life

Ugh

Lol
anonymousofcours e

Honolulu, HI

#4870 Jun 23, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parents-as-g...
From what I've seen, studies show that kids under gays do fine. I also know a gay father. He's a great dad. Pretty much saved the kids from a like of Third World BS.
Cool! Thanks! And, thank you for your post!:)
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4871 Jun 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it not make sense? Societies have recognized and favored marriage, as either a monogamous union of husband and wife, or a polygamous union of husband and wives, for the obvious reason that sex between men and women makes babies. The American legal concept of marriage, which is rooted in English common law, is very simple. One man and one woman, of age, not currently married, and not closely related by blood.
The state benefits, as does society at large when men and women marry, and both sex, and conception take place within the marital relationship. Of course there's no legal requirement to marry first in order to have children or sex. Why would there need to be?
If gay marriage is such a help to gay people, why then do so few, that can marry, same sex, actually do? Why do more female couples marry than male? Why do male relationships tend to be less monogamous than female ones?
hey Einstein... if only husband and wife marriages make babies... then hmmmm you would have no choice to agree that 100% of all gay children are a result of hetero couples... hhhmmmmm guess you made a case to ban hetero marriages... thanks for playing
Parson Browne

Delaware, OH

#4872 Jun 23, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>hey Einstein... if only husband and wife marriages make babies... then hmmmm you would have no choice to agree that 100% of all gay children are a result of hetero couples... hhhmmmmm guess you made a case to ban hetero marriages... thanks for playing
convoluted argument playing the devils advocate does not change the facts.Homosexuality is a sex before God and man gays unless they repent will burn in hell
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4873 Jun 23, 2013
anonymousofcourse wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! Thanks! And, thank you for your post!:)
Sure, homie.
Parson Browne

Delaware, OH

#4874 Jun 23, 2013
correction homosexuality is a SIN
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4875 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>hey Einstein... if only husband and wife marriages make babies... then hmmmm you would have no choice to agree that 100% of all gay children are a result of hetero couples... hhhmmmmm guess you made a case to ban hetero marriages... thanks for playing
I don't know why he stresses procreation as the reason why the state sanctions marriage when procreation and marriage are two separate things that can totally exist without the other.
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4876 Jun 23, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
<quoted text> convoluted argument playing the devils advocate does not change the facts.Homosexuality is a sex before God and man gays unless they repent will burn in hell
god is fairytale morazz... so who cares
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4877 Jun 23, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
hey I saw your jesus last night... he was hanging dead on a cross on one of my tricks neck... what a shame
anonymousofcours e

Honolulu, HI

#4878 Jun 23, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
<quoted text> convoluted argument playing the devils advocate does not change the facts.Homosexuality is a sex before God and man gays unless they repent will burn in hell
After the New Testament, you or no one else can state that as a fact...duh!

Did you die on some cross somewhere? Or, better yet come back to tell all a few things or another......

Well, I am waiting GOD!.........
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4879 Jun 23, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
which commandment declares homosexuality a sin please share that with us
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#4880 Jun 23, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
Do you help the needy, sir?
Parsons

Santa Cruz, CA

#4881 Jun 23, 2013
Parson Browne wrote:
UR god doesn't exist.

Get lost!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4882 Jun 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
First, you need to define your terms. What do you mean by "so few?" And once you've defined that term, please provide your evidence that "so few" actually marry. I'm looking forward to debunking your arguments.

I've played this game with your type before. I'm not even going to try to play a game when I know you'll just keep moving the goal posts.
Parson Browne

Delaware, OH

#4883 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>which commandment declares homosexuality a sin please share that with us
The Holy Bible has many commandments literally hundreds but none as plain as those on homosexuality being a sin.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4884 Jun 23, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
Societies have also recognized monogamous unions and polyandry within Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, Japan, and many Native American cultures.
Polyandry is relatively rare, and there are scattered historical examples of recognized samr sex union, although they weren't necessarily considered marriage.
And that's only in most states. Other states allow gays to marry.
Technically gays can marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, in any state. No state requires a statement of sexual orientation prior to issuance of a marriage license. Some states have redefined marriage so as to designate same sex relationships, "marriage".
And of course there is no legal requirement for people to have kids, because marriage is more about stability than just having kids.
Do u really think that there would b a need to legally require it? Society knows, or at least did, that sex between husband and wife, aka "marital relations", leads to conception.
Also, I don't know. I'm not gay. All I know is that it's unfair to deny marriage to people that want it simply based upon their sex.
Well that doesn't make sense. No one is denied marriage based on their sed, because marriage is a union of both sexes. What some folks want is for same sex emotional personal sexual unions to be called marriage. To call a veggie patty a "burger", even though the ground beef isn't there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Jonah1 13,222
BIG 4th OF JULY EXTRAVAGANZA 13 min Frankie Rizzo 16
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 20 min Frankie Rizzo 37,447
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 43 min Senseamillion 16
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 hr Quirky 1,022
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr ImFree2Choose 1,002
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 2 hr Foxy is queer 58
More from around the web