Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17554 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3624 Mar 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So a man with a vasectomy should not be allowed to marry then. Nor should an infertile woman.
Problem is, SCOTUS has already addressed this issue and found that marriage is not bound by procreation and vice versa.
again, in your simplified logic maybe...I never said this...
I can rationally distinguish between a choice not to reproduce and an inability due to nature and not defect...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3625 Mar 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>then why are you doing it yourself right now?
commenting on ad hominem attacks is not an ad hominem attack, you get that right?

nah, you are just trying to paint your opposition in a bad light as usual, in other words see comment number 1.
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3626 Mar 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>file this under "words that come back to haunt you:":
I love how you guys HAVE to attack the poster...
even an anonymous one you have already shown you know nothing about...
its a weak tack.....
psst, it was not very insightful the first time....

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#3627 Mar 8, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, and they made equally clear they meant "not gays"...
you are starting with a huge win on your part and working backwards, but that huge win at the end ain't there...
face it, you were at a minimum 10 years early to the scotus and it will set you at least 50 years back...
in short, gay marriage will not be a right in your lifetime...
regardless of the number of times you quote and insist...
You're amusing. Tiresome but amusing.

Care to discuss marriage history and the laws that made forced sterilization a "marriage requirement" for blind people, the deaf, the mentally challenged?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#3628 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
ya, we'll see if that one gets argues in any of these cases...
perhaps it's time you read the briefs in the lawsuits.

The 14 Amendment is key in both SSM cases now being heard by SCOTUS.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3629 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
are over the psychotic seizure that was your prior post?
You know I toy with you right, skippy?
you are a good lil doggie...
I didn't think you were willing to put your neck on the line for that silly "study." You just enjoy repeating bullshit.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3630 Mar 8, 2013
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, which section of the Constitution are you citing or are you looking at the cliffnotes for Atlas Shrugged?
haHAHAHAHAHAHA

good one!
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3631 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
but the expert said ssm IS harmful and backed it up with a detail analysis of the data...
ahhahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahhahahaahha
ahhahahahaha

expert said ssm is harmful

hahahahahaha
ahhahahahaha
ahahhahahaah

Her data did not support her conclusions.
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3632 Mar 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You're amusing. Tiresome but amusing.
Care to discuss marriage history and the laws that made forced sterilization a "marriage requirement" for blind people, the deaf, the mentally challenged?
what makes you think its relevant?
except to highlight the connection between procreation and marriage as it does....
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3633 Mar 8, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps it's time you read the briefs in the lawsuits.
The 14 Amendment is key in both SSM cases now being heard by SCOTUS.
no duh...
seriously....
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3634 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
yup, and they made equally clear they meant "not gays"...
you are starting with a huge win on your part and working backwards, but that huge win at the end ain't there...
face it, you were at a minimum 10 years early to the scotus and it will set you at least 50 years back...
in short, gay marriage will not be a right in your lifetime...
regardless of the number of times you quote and insist...
Listen to you.....

Let me tell you something. We all knew from the beginning that those silly anti-gay amendments were nothing but stalling tactics. Same sex marriage is inevitable, and that's why we can depend on the Court to do the right thing. You are gonna be doubly pissed.
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3635 Mar 8, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahhahahaahha
ahhahahahaha
expert said ssm is harmful
hahahahahaha
ahhahahahaha
ahahhahahaah
Her data did not support her conclusions.
and your data and expertise is?

Yah, I'll take the expert that's NOT YOU...
but thanks for typing laughter...
good use of YOUR time...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3636 Mar 8, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't think you were willing to put your neck on the line for that silly "study." You just enjoy repeating bullshit.
nope that's your "job"...
nature lover

Nicholasville, KY

#3637 Mar 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Your post is so stupid, it's hard to know where to start. So, let me start at the top. You make no sense. What load? There is no such thing as a "gay lifestyle", and there is same sex sex in nature, so that doesn't go against nature. Many straight couples can't have children. They adopt. And it's a good thing.
They want a family but they cannot have one because their perverted lifestyle is unnatural and they cannot reproduce. So where does the burden fall for raising children they can adopt. It falls upon the straight people. They should not be allowed to adopt and ruin a child's life by introducing them into a completely unnatural lifestyle..
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#3638 Mar 8, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to you.....
Let me tell you something. We all knew from the beginning that those silly anti-gay amendments were nothing but stalling tactics. Same sex marriage is inevitable, and that's why we can depend on the Court to do the right thing. You are gonna be doubly pissed.
actually, this decision will set you back long enough for us to get the data from other countries and your sham will be exposed...

"this is going to be great" - flounder
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3639 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
and your data and expertise is?
Yah, I'll take the expert that's NOT YOU...
but thanks for typing laughter...
good use of YOUR time...
Where was her data that gay marriage harmed society? She didn't have any. That hypothesis was never tested. She claimed a cause&effect relationship from statistics, but didn't test for cause. No expertise needed to arrive at that conclusion.... even though I have plenty. The fact that you so blindly accept these bogus anti-gay studies with BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS methodogy flaws makes one question your education claims. Clearly you know nothing about research methods.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3640 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
actually, this decision will set you back long enough for us to get the data from other countries and your sham will be exposed...
"this is going to be great" - flounder
I thought you already had the data..........
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#3641 Mar 8, 2013
nature lover wrote:
<quoted text>They want a family but they cannot have one because their perverted lifestyle is unnatural and they cannot reproduce. So where does the burden fall for raising children they can adopt. It falls upon the straight people. They should not be allowed to adopt and ruin a child's life by introducing them into a completely unnatural lifestyle..
Do you have any evidence that is what happens?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3642 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
but the expert said ssm IS harmful and backed it up with a detail analysis of the data...
I thought you guys loved soft science as proof...
you do not fix broken laws by watering them down...
Again, what are your experts "credentials?" Who has reviewed her work? Where has she shown cause and effect? What mainstream psychological and child welfare organizations agree with her conclusions?

Nope. We don't love soft science. We'll leave that to you and anyone you wish to slap the label "expert" on.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3643 Mar 8, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was her data that gay marriage harmed society? She didn't have any. That hypothesis was never tested. She claimed a cause&effect relationship from statistics, but didn't test for cause. No expertise needed to arrive at that conclusion.... even though I have plenty. The fact that you so blindly accept these bogus anti-gay studies with BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS methodogy flaws makes one question your education claims. Clearly you know nothing about research methods.
He's a lawyer. To him, experts are simply another way to bamboozle a jury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 11 min Shirvell s Shrivel 2,254
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 25 min Shirvell s Shrivel 16
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 29 min Frankie Rizzo 43,018
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Wish4549 4,736
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Wish3287 22,551
News Mexican leftist senators defend battering Trump... 1 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News Arkansas court upholds gay marriage birth certi... 1 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 277
More from around the web