Aging getting less scary for gay boomers

Dec 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Click Orlando

The generation of gays and lesbians that literally created the modern LGBT movement -- from the heroes of the 1969 Stonewall riots to their slightly younger friends -- is at, or nearing, retirement age.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Anything over 19 is scary for a gay guy !

<s>

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<s>
You speak only for yourself.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text> Very true, for gay males have a very short lifespan. Did you know the average life expectancy of a queer is a mere 42 years?
Numbers pulled directly from your fundament.

I'm 45, dear. My same-sex spouse is 46. We know lots of gay men who are older than 42.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text> Very true, for gay males have a very short lifespan. Did you know the average life expectancy of a queer is a mere 42 years?
Really? I can think of 50 friends and acquaintances who are over 50, and some in their 60's. Where did you do your careful research, Doctor? Please post some results.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<s>
Be quiet, tool. Anything under 45 is no fun at all. I like 'em well primed and experienced. Always have. Any one with any sense knows that. You are making us all look bad with your lame ass joke.
Uve

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Doyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything over 12 is scary for most queers. Most gay men prefer boys under 12.
Well said!

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
Only ones that impersonates somebody by using their handle.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Some of the comments on here about gay men living only into their 40's are hilarious. I'm 68, my spouse is 66, and almost all of our very close friends are in their 60's, 70's, and 80's. As a group, we are fairly nondescript and blend into society. Perhaps that's why people think we don't exist, but we do, and there are millions of us out there, quietly living our long-term relationships. And most of us vote.

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

RalphB wrote:
Some of the comments on here about gay men living only into their 40's are hilarious. I'm 68, my spouse is 66, and almost all of our very close friends are in their 60's, 70's, and 80's. As a group, we are fairly nondescript and blend into society. Perhaps that's why people think we don't exist, but we do, and there are millions of us out there, quietly living our long-term relationships. And most of us vote.
WOW ! Did you guys know Moses or play with dinosaurs when you were kids ?

:)

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
I turned 62 in October and in Palm Springs am considered "chicken", while my hubby at 73 is considered prime of life. I am often carded at bars compared to the others running around here. I guess I am already 20 years past my "expiration date" as are most of my pals.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I turned 62 in October and in Palm Springs am considered "chicken", while my hubby at 73 is considered prime of life. I am often carded at bars compared to the others running around here. I guess I am already 20 years past my "expiration date" as are most of my pals.
A friend who I met right after I came out, many many years ago, recently moved to Palm Springs. All my friends seem to be moving to Sarasota or Palm Springs. Oh well, at least my hubby and I have lots of options on where to stay when we go on vacation :-)

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW ! Did you guys know Moses or play with dinosaurs when you were kids ?
Yeah, sure. When I was a kid, that was my job, breaking in dinosaurs. Just getting the saddle on was a job. Luckily, I only did that on Sunday, after church.

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure. When I was a kid, that was my job, breaking in dinosaurs. Just getting the saddle on was a job. Luckily, I only did that on Sunday, after church.
Was Moses ever a guest speaker at your church ?

SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Cardinal Spellman the man you went to see on Sundays?

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend who I met right after I came out, many many years ago, recently moved to Palm Springs. All my friends seem to be moving to Sarasota or Palm Springs. Oh well, at least my hubby and I have lots of options on where to stay when we go on vacation :-)
Get on out here! I lived in Los Angeles my whole life until two years ago and am DYING for some company and beg my old, and new, pals to visit! Whatever, however, enjoy your holidays!
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

"Aging getting less scary for gay boomers"
Since homosexuality is based upon sex, what did homosexuals do before the advent of hard-0n aiding drugs, when the old monster didn't work anymore?

The homosexuals cheered the day that the following warning label appeared:
"Seek a doctors advice if you experience a hard-0n lasting more than 24 hours."

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Moses ever a guest speaker at your church ?
Haven't you heard? Moses was before dinosaurs.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

SLIF wrote:
<quoted text>Was Cardinal Spellman the man you went to see on Sundays?
He was one of the dinosaurs we tried to break. Well, him and his "angel". No, but I used to watch his campy TV show.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••