Fla. Teen Unaware Same-Sex Relationsh...

Fla. Teen Unaware Same-Sex Relationship with Underage Girlfriend Was Illegal

There are 14 comments on the WLTI-FM Syracuse story from Oct 5, 2013, titled Fla. Teen Unaware Same-Sex Relationship with Underage Girlfriend Was Illegal. In it, WLTI-FM Syracuse reports that:

Summoned from her cell at Indian River County Jail in Vero Beach, Fla., 19-year-old Kaitlyn Hunt said she didn't know she was breaking the law when she engaged in a sexual relationship with her underage high school girlfriend, in an exclusive interview with ABC News' 20/20 .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTI-FM Syracuse.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Oct 5, 2013
Now that the Ignorant Indian River Circus has gotten its sadistic jollies torturing defenseless lesbians; they only have to wait another year and a half before these two girls can run to DC to get married
Let those wedding bells ring!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Ignorance of the law is not a defense. As Willy Sutton famously said: "I didn't know robbing banks was illegal !"
David Traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Tjis could very well be .. Only a hardened predator would ask his possible victim 's age beforehand .
David Traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#5 Oct 5, 2013
" THIS " , sorry ..
David Traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#6 Oct 5, 2013
HOUSENEGRO wrote:
I bet Kaitlyn is eating a lot of hunt in prison!
Prison is a sexual paradise to queers!
To queers and the so-called straight alike ..
Chance

Grove City, PA

#8 Oct 5, 2013
So now she knows. Smart teens who want to have sex with younger kids should all learn from this. . . no matter what gender they want to have sex with.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#9 Oct 5, 2013
Quincy wrote:
I don't believe for one second that adult lezbo didn't know it was illegal to molest little children.
You can hardly call a girl of fourteen a little child , can you ..? It's this ridiculous and antiquated age-of-consent nonsense that's to blame .. Girls have been known to give birth as early as ten years old .. Nature doesn't care about age just as it doesn't care whether you're gay , straight or in-between .. And , yes .. the father of the ten year old mother 's baby is usually her own father , uncle or brother .. So much for hetero morality ..
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Oct 6, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
Stupid a:ss dyke got what she deserved. I think she likes it in JAIL.
roflmao
Wouldn't it be cool if they could share a jail cell until they are old enough to marry?
You could get a guard job and leer at them through the bars gripping your nightstick
No More Apples

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Oct 6, 2013
Send that pervert away for 20 years. Stop having sex with kids, until you learn your lesson.
No More Apples

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Oct 6, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>You can hardly call a girl of fourteen a little child , can you ..? It's this ridiculous and antiquated age-of-consent nonsense that's to blame .. Girls have been known to give birth as early as ten years old .. Nature doesn't care about age just as it doesn't care whether you're gay , straight or in-between .. And , yes .. the father of the ten year old mother 's baby is usually her own father , uncle or brother .. So much for hetero morality ..
Stop making excuses for kid molesters.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#16 Oct 6, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text> You can hardly call a girl of fourteen a little child , can you ..?
Yes. The fourteen year old is a "minor child" according to that pesky law thing. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. And the adult had sex with the minor child after the story broke. She's guilty and got off very lucky in the plea deal. The law says that a child of that age is not capable of making such decisions.

“Kaitlyn, her family, friends and supporters never want to see another teenager in this kind of situation,” said the attorney.

Then Kaitlyn, her family and friends should not support or encourage statutory rape and the ancillary stupid behavior of Kaitlyn. Personally, I would not object to an investigation of Kaitlyn's parents for child abuse and endangerment in supporting their daughters criminal actions. Further, I hope the family of the victim sues Kaitlyn's family into poverty for their support of the statutory rape of a minor.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17 Oct 7, 2013
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. The fourteen year old is a "minor child" according to that pesky law thing. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. And the adult had sex with the minor child after the story broke. She's guilty and got off very lucky in the plea deal. The law says that a child of that age is not capable of making such decisions.
“Kaitlyn, her family, friends and supporters never want to see another teenager in this kind of situation,” said the attorney.
Then Kaitlyn, her family and friends should not support or encourage statutory rape and the ancillary stupid behavior of Kaitlyn. Personally, I would not object to an investigation of Kaitlyn's parents for child abuse and endangerment in supporting their daughters criminal actions. Further, I hope the family of the victim sues Kaitlyn's family into poverty for their support of the statutory rape of a minor.
If none of Kaitlyn's friends or family wants to see another teenager in her position, then why the heck didn't they sit her down and stage an intervention, at the beginning? I can't imagine that NO ONE in her circle was aware that having a relationship with a 14 yr old was a problem.

I think she was incredibly lucky with the deal they gave her, especially after the selfish idiot continued to contact the girl after being told explicitly by the court to cease all contact.

I hope this case DOES prevent others from the same fate, by example.
BS Detector

Sherman Oaks, CA

#19 Oct 7, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
If none of Kaitlyn's friends or family wants to see another teenager in her position, then why the heck didn't they sit her down and stage an intervention, at the beginning? I can't imagine that NO ONE in her circle was aware that having a relationship with a 14 yr old was a problem.
I think she was incredibly lucky with the deal they gave her, especially after the selfish idiot continued to contact the girl after being told explicitly by the court to cease all contact.
I hope this case DOES prevent others from the same fate, by example.
My rebuttal: No, wait. I HAVE no rebuttal. I agree completely, especially the part where none in her circle could figure out that sex with a minor child was whole bunches of illegal. I further agree that it was a good deal, and am also glad that she does have to serve some (not much) time behind bars.

I do think there is some civil liability here somewhere and the family's defense of statutory rape does not seem to be in their favor. Indeed, the family's attitude would, for me, be a reason to pursue such a course. Snyper seems to be better versed at legal issues. I'd be interested in his take on that angle.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20 Oct 7, 2013
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> My rebuttal: No, wait. I HAVE no rebuttal. I agree completely, especially the part where none in her circle could figure out that sex with a minor child was whole bunches of illegal. I further agree that it was a good deal, and am also glad that she does have to serve some (not much) time behind bars.
I do think there is some civil liability here somewhere and the family's defense of statutory rape does not seem to be in their favor. Indeed, the family's attitude would, for me, be a reason to pursue such a course. Snyper seems to be better versed at legal issues. I'd be interested in his take on that angle.
I think that most of the people who support her on these threads aren't parents. The law non-withstanding, they don't understand the difference between a 14 yr old and a 17-18 year old, in maturity, cognitive levels, and in the ability to understand consequences of their actions.

There are good reasons for laws to protect young teens - even those who willingly jump into "relationships" they are not ready for.

My son is almost 14. If a 17-18 year old tried to form an inappropriate relationship with him, they would likely find themselves reported to the police if they didn't back off when warned.

It's just that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church accused of offering to 'cure homosexuali... 1 hr Lily 8
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 1 hr Dennis 553
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr neighbor 2,207
News Twitter Blasts Ex-Google Employee Who Says Bein... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Respect71 53,708
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 7 hr Mullahing It Over 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 hr RiccardoFire 8,391
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 11 hr DaveinMass 36
More from around the web