Proposed Christian law school at Trinity Western under fire because of university's anti-gay rules

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Regina Leader Post

The heads of Canada's law schools oppose Trinity Western University's attempts to star the country's first religious law school.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Canada is better off staying clear of fundamentalist law schools
Who in their right mind would want to be represented by an irrational lawyer?

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
I laughed when I read the part about refraining from gossip and lying. Do you know an fundie xtian who doesn't lie? That's like telling them not to breathe.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed when I read the part about refraining from gossip and lying. Do you know an fundie xtian who doesn't lie? That's like telling them not to breathe.
I knew a lawyer once who wouldn't lie. I hear he is now working as a greeter at Wal-Mart.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

What is "christian law? Is that like sharia law?

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
What is "christian law? Is that like sharia law?
It's not Christian law. It's a law school same as any other law school in Canada,'cept this one wants to cater to those who are Christians.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundies 'have to lie'. Their 'religion' is only 103 years old
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/03/26/8510...

Since: May 11

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

It`s the only way a `christian` university can achieve accreditation. Oral Roberts and Liberty University spring to mind.
ASM

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
TOTALLY ILLEGAL
USA, HAS WEB SITES, AND CANADIAN WEBSITE HANDFIELD.CA
DOES NOT BELONG TO USA, PRES. OBAMA, ANNETTE MARION
ANNETTE AND CPMS.,OSD, MIL HAVE OWNERSHI....UES
THEYARE AFRAID OF DAD ROOTS THAT GO BACK TO 101 AND KING RICHARD
THERE ISA MENTAL BLOCK ON ANNETTE WITH DAD, SHE HATEDHIM AND THE RELATIVE., DOES NOT GIVE HER THERIGHT TO BLOCK THE WEB SITE FROM THE USA.
PRESIDENT OBAMA ILLEGAL BLOCK HANDFIELD.CA WEBSITE FROM YVETTE,GERALD AL & USA
DONE ILLEGAL
CANADA WEB SITE NOT AMERICAN NOT AMERICAN IP NOT AMERICAN OWNED, OWNER BY THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA., CANADA IS NOT PART OF USA
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM OF PRE S OBAMA, ROOTS, AND RELATIVES, FOREIGN, FOREIGN FOREIGN WE ARE NOT AMERICAN, NOT AMERICAN
NOT AMERICAN, READ, COMPREHEND.
WHY WOULD OBAMA BLOCK AND ANNETTE, WITH DOD, A FOREIGN WEB SITE OF OUR RELATIVES., WE ARE NOT AMERICAN NOT AMERICANSIGNED OVER IN THE 50,
SAY IT ANNETTE MARION, YOU ARE A CANADIAN, DAD IS /WAS A CANADIAN, ALL THERELATIVES ARE CANADIANS, AND YOU HATE HISPANICS, AND THE UGLY CHILDEREN OF DORTHY SUE, SLEPT AROUND SLUT OF MANY MEN, GROSS LOOKING, HIGHSCHOOL DROP OUT.
NO RELATIVES IN THEUSA FOR YVETTE, GERALD, ALBERT AND ANNETTE SUZANNE NEVER VISITED THE ROTHRS, NEVER DID US., NO ONE, SUZANNE, AFRAID OF THEBROTHERS, OR STINGY, CHEAP, LAME, IDOT, BASTARD, DID YOU KILL TOMMIE MCEACHERN WITH THE DEVICE, BET YOU DID COLD CASE.
ANNETTE CAN NOT ADULTERATE THE COMPUTER, THIS IS WHAT SHE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE 2007. GLAD GONE., CAN YOU IMAGINE PUTTING THINS ON 2011 RUSSIAN COMPUTER WITH 2007 STUFF, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? ADULTERATED., RUSSIAN, BOUGHT IN MOSCOW
ANNETTE IS FULL OF SET UPS
AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.
HEY ANNETTE KILL MORE PEOPLE, ALLEGEDLY A COMPUTER THEY WOULD PUT ELECTRICITY AND OTHER STUFF DOWN SPINGE, EARS, NOSE, TO KILL YOU THIS GROUP IS WANTED BY THE FBI., THERE IS A TERROR GROUP OUT THER ON COMPUTERS, THEY CAN NOT STAND THERE NAMES ON THE WEB FOR WHAT THEY DO, HAVE DONE, POISION THE GROUP/ FBI KNOWS MORE ABOUT THEM.
YVETTE ANNE MARION DICAMPLI COMPUTER STOLEN IN COLORADO SPRINGS
ANNETTE MARION DELINQWUENT IN THE ESTATE HAND OUT, YVETE LEAVE STATES, NEVER EVER COME BACK, ANNETTE IS A KILLER OF THE USAS CPMS.,OSD, MIL
SHE THREATENED TO KILL OUR SISTER AND OBAMA AT THE WHITE HOUSE ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO., ANNETTE USE THE DRONE, AERIAL DEVICE AND OTHER ENTRAPMENTS, TO SHOW THEWORLD TO 'RID THE ENEMY''RID PEOPLE YOU DO NOT WANT' BIDISIG STATED
SHE HATES BLACKS, FOREVER, ANNETTE CAN NOT STAND THEM., THEY GET ALL, AND NEVER GUIVE TO ANYONE, NEGRO, COLORED IS THE TERM OF THE FAMILY MOM 1930 TERM/40 LEARNED CAN NOT UNLEARNED.
AS DISCRIMINATION OF WHITES IS LEARNED BY THE BLACK PEOPLE, DO AND NEVER HELP, RAISE HANDS HOW MANY WHITES HELPED BY BLACK, LEARN, TAUGHT NOT TO HELPBLACKS UNDER 10 PERCENT AND THAT IS A HIGHNUMBER
YVETTE ANNE MARION DICAMPLI COMPUTER STOLEN IN COLORADO SPRINGS
GERALD J.
ALBERT WROTE
HELP THE SISTER GET THE ESTATE OUT OF USA, THEREIS NOTHING GREAT, GOOD, NOTHING, NEVER WAS, METRO DC ARE4A PURE HELLL HOLE ANNETTE TAKES DOWN FAMILY MEMBERS WITH DEPT OF DEFENSE US ARMY
ANNETTEMARION, AND PRES OBAMA ILLEGALLY BLOCKED CANADA OWNED WEB SITEILLEGAL
'STATED MOTHER, TELL THE WORLD OF THE EVIL IN THEDEPT OF DEFENSE, PENTAGON, BASIC, TELL THEM WHAT THEY DID TO MY FAMILY RUINED THEM, EVIL PEOPLE...GET OUT ANNETTE WILL KILL YVETTE.....ANNETTE FONDLES ME 'STATED MOM
ANNETTE AND SUZANNE MARION HATE USA BUT THEY ARE CANADIANS AFRAID TO SAY
NO ONE WANTS, NOR NEEDS TO BE AMERICAN, NOR BE IN AMERICA 'HELL HOLE"
ANNETTE MARION BLOCKED HANDFIELD.CA SITE THE RELATIVES CANADA WEBSITE
GERALD J
ALBERT T
ANNETTE MARION DOD CPMS OSD & PRES OBAMA ILLEGALLY BLOCKD CANADA WEBSITE

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Are christians no allowed in other law schools?
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Christian law. It's a law school same as any other law school in Canada,'cept this one wants to cater to those who are Christians.
david traversa

San Miguel De Tucuman, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Christianity and the law..? An absurdity .. The law nailed its founder to a cross.. so best keep them apart..
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Christian Law School, isn't that an oxymoron?
david traversa

Rio Cuarto, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

George wrote:
Christian Law School, isn't that an oxymoron?
And how! THE oxymoron..
Dark Decadence

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

david traversa wrote:
Christianity and the law..? An absurdity .. The law nailed its founder to a cross.. so best keep them apart..
And 'who' might that be that nailed its founder David? Tell the truth David. You know you don't want to.
When ya converting to Islam David?
DAVID???

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundies 'have to lie'. Their 'religion' is only 103 years old
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/03/26/8510...
Which is a really long time when the earth is only six thousand years old.
Popping in for a tad

Watsonville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

What are this institution's connections with Regent, Liberty and Oral Roberts Universities, if any?

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Are christians no allowed in other law schools?
<quoted text>
IF the students at many universities across Canada had their way, no they wouldn't. So they just make the campuses uncomfortable for those they learn are Christians...or Jewish, even if they aren't religious. That's because university campuses are hotbeds of liberalism and liberals have issues with anachronisms.
Not that I'm suggesting that theocracies or superstitious medieval societies are a good thing.

The only real issue I have is their anti-gay policy. That issue was supposed to have been put to rest up here.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Dark Decadence wrote:
<quoted text>
And 'who' might that be that nailed its founder David? Tell the truth David. You know you don't want to.
When ya converting to Islam David?
DAVID???
If you don't know that then, what do you know? Pitiful..

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed at the ignorance in your post. Do you know any atheists that don't automatically assume Christian=fundie?

“Seriously guys...”

Regina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
It`s the only way a `christian` university can achieve accreditation. Oral Roberts and Liberty University spring to mind.
Yeah, it would have nothing to do with being one of Canada's premier universities. It's the ONLY Canadian university to have been voted 5 years in a row(2006 thru 2010) as the best in Canada with regards to overall quality of education. That's impressive considering McGill, the University of Toronto and the University of Western Ontario have long been considered THE premier universities in Canada and have never achieved that.

Since: May 11

Wickford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it would have nothing to do with being one of Canada's premier universities. It's the ONLY Canadian university to have been voted 5 years in a row(2006 thru 2010) as the best in Canada with regards to overall quality of education. That's impressive considering McGill, the University of Toronto and the University of Western Ontario have long been considered THE premier universities in Canada and have never achieved that.
When you`re a university with 3000 year old fossils and your science faculty has to state that all conclusions reached will subordinate themselves to a book of bronze age fables you tend to have trouble when you want to be taken seriously by the academic community.

A way to achieve accreditation particularly in US christian `schools` is to simply open a law school with a post graduate program.

Engineering is another good one which is `almost science` and popular among christian `schools`.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••