When Did You First Realize You Weren't Straight?

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 85

Remember that lunch buddy in second grade who made you tingle when she played footsie under the table and shared her snacks with you? How about that pivotal afternoon of playing "house" with your best friend that culminated in an innocent-enough session of "you show me yours and I'll show you mine"? ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Practically THE rule in early adolescence they tell me.. I was sort of retiring and shy so it never happened to me.. It does not necessarily mean you're homosexual but rather shows the bisexual nature of human beings before brain-washing begins.. Very popular amongst the Olympian gods.. Most other mammals practice it like a sport..
Uve

San Francisco, CA

#2 Nov 27, 2012
I realized I wasn't straight when I was 6 and an older gay man made me do things to his peepee. he told me i was born gay.

“Trolls in love with Peaches!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Uve wrote:
I realized I wasn't straight when I was 6 and an older gay man made me do things to his peepee. he told me i was born gay.
How come you not post as Righteous One? Someone blow cover? Peaches know everything

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#4 Nov 27, 2012
At age five, when I went to day camp and first saw other boys and men naked (I am an only child). I liked the rear ends of both the boys and the men, but the little boy's dicks did not do much for me - I remember liking the ones that were attached to to counselors much better.

But I was so uptight and isolated I did not have sex until AFTER I came out - at age 21.
Donald

Montréal, Canada

#5 Nov 27, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
At age five, when I went to day camp and first saw other boys and men naked (I am an only child). I liked the rear ends of both the boys and the men, but the little boy's dicks did not do much for me - I remember liking the ones that were attached to to counselors much better.
But I was so uptight and isolated I did not have sex until AFTER I came out - at age 21.
What kind of camp did you go to were grown men were naked around five year olds? No wonder you turned gay! Those queers molested you don't you know that? KEEP QUEERS AWAY FROM KIDS !!!
Jim

Rochester, NY

#6 Nov 27, 2012
I first started having crushes on other boys when I was 8 but did the whole "show me yours, show you mine" when I was younger only with the other boys in the neighborhood because there were no girls until I was 11. We boys had all kinds of sexual play as kids but most of the other boys lost all interest in that when girls came on the scene. I didn't loose interest in boys and didn't gain interest in girls. I thought I was just waiting for that to develop. It wasn't until I lost a "best friend" to a girl and got my heart broke that I realized that being attracted to boys meant I was not attracted to girls. I still tried to "turn on" something that wasn't connected by forcing myself into a couple relationships with girls. I even married my "fag hag" with terrible results - our love was filial and trying to add sex felt insestuous. We remain friends but I'm not bisexual and she wanted/needed a heterosexual partner. I came back out of the closet again and have never gone back. I'm 55 now.

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#7 Nov 27, 2012
Donald wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of camp did you go to were grown men were naked around five year olds? No wonder you turned gay! Those queers molested you don't you know that? KEEP QUEERS AWAY FROM KIDS !!!
Oh please Mary - go away.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#8 Nov 27, 2012
I remember looking at the boys in kindergarten.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#10 Nov 27, 2012
No, as children you weren't different. Kids develop same-gender crushes and go through the show me yours and I'll show you mine stage. They also have aversion for the opposite gender. It is a natural part of childhood. The difference is most people grow out of that stage. Gays, however, get stuck in it - arrested development. I believe it often times happens because of having sex too early (sometimes because of predators). Your earliest sexual experiences determine what turns you on. Then you create your own identity around your sexual activity. It isn't hard to see how people become gay. What is tragic is all avenues of correcting the problem are closed down and marginalized by the need to have society validate your choice. I have news for you though. No matter what society does or says, that nagging voice in your head will keep talking. It is your conscience.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#11 Nov 27, 2012
Chance wrote:
No, as children you weren't different. Kids develop same-gender crushes and go through the show me yours and I'll show you mine stage. They also have aversion for the opposite gender. It is a natural part of childhood. The difference is most people grow out of that stage. Gays, however, get stuck in it - arrested development. I believe it often times happens because of having sex too early (sometimes because of predators). Your earliest sexual experiences determine what turns you on. Then you create your own identity around your sexual activity. It isn't hard to see how people become gay. What is tragic is all avenues of correcting the problem are closed down and marginalized by the need to have society validate your choice. I have news for you though. No matter what society does or says, that nagging voice in your head will keep talking. It is your conscience.
ANOTHER Looney-Tunes !

LOL

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#12 Nov 27, 2012
Arguably I always knew, at least by age 5 or 6. The posters I had of Arnold and Mike Mentzer cemented it. Of course, I had Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman over my bed (the great one with the cape) which REALLY confused my parents... kissed a girl who would be described by a str8 man as a bitchin' hot blond at 16, and thought about how soft she was, then kissed a man at 17 and thought about how hard he was (his lips and face, his musculature and strength) and by then I was set! One felt like what I was expected to do for social approval; the other like what to do for my own contentedness. Simple as that.

Why is it most str8's can't grasp the concept that it's about two guys (or two gals)? There is NO female, just two males... they are trapped in a misogynistic trap that says one gender must be weaker and submissive and less than... sad. Yet they claim to love them as equals...

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#13 Nov 27, 2012
When Did You First Realize You Weren't Straight?

Umm, am I the only one that's noticed the contradiction in the above question? You can't realize your a homosexual if you're a heterosexual. The question implies that for some undetermined amount of time, evidence existed convincing oneself they were heterosexual before they sensed homosexual attractions.
If you thought you were straight, that thought had to be based on some kind of evidence, like the feelings of being attracted to the opposite sex. Understand?
The above question could well pertain to a person not understanding they had the capability to be bisexual.
And who ever phrased the question saw it's own idiocy and I bet and they wondered how long it would take someone to see it's irrelevancy.
Gabe

Höst, Germany

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Chance wrote:
No, as children you weren't different. Kids develop same-gender crushes and go through the show me yours and I'll show you mine stage. They also have aversion for the opposite gender. It is a natural part of childhood. The difference is most people grow out of that stage. Gays, however, get stuck in it - arrested development. I believe it often times happens because of having sex too early (sometimes because of predators). Your earliest sexual experiences determine what turns you on. Then you create your own identity around your sexual activity. It isn't hard to see how people become gay. What is tragic is all avenues of correcting the problem are closed down and marginalized by the need to have society validate your choice. I have news for you though. No matter what society does or says, that nagging voice in your head will keep talking. It is your conscience.
BRAVO !!! Very, very well said !!!

I agree with you 100%
Gabe

Höst, Germany

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
then kissed a man at 17 and thought about how hard he was
This explains it. You were 17 and kissing a MAN. Homosexual child molestation rears it's ugly head AGAIN in your story!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
Why is it most str8's can't grasp the concept that it's about two guys (or two gals)? There is NO female, just two males... they are trapped in a misogynistic trap that says one gender must be weaker and submissive and less than... sad. Yet they claim to love them as equals...
Straights had nothing to grasp because they didn't create the fact that in same sex relationships, one is usually more masculine then the other.
It's the way people are. Among masculine type people, you'll find variances among them and the same for feminine type people.
In same sex relationships, that difference becomes very pronounced if the difference is there.
Then you have gay parades where same sex individuals in front of who knows how many dress up in these differences and not always just for a costume, but because that is what they are in a relationship and a parade allows them to let it "hang out" as they might not other wise do.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#17 Nov 27, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Straights had nothing to grasp because they didn't create the fact that in same sex relationships, one is usually more masculine then the other.
It's the way people are. Among masculine type people, you'll find variances among them and the same for feminine type people.
In same sex relationships, that difference becomes very pronounced if the difference is there.
Then you have gay parades where same sex individuals in front of who knows how many dress up in these differences and not always just for a costume, but because that is what they are in a relationship and a parade allows them to let it "hang out" as they might not other wise do.
Maybe in your world, but not in mine. Dream on and tell yourself whatever you need to in order to feel right.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#18 Nov 27, 2012
Gabe wrote:
<quoted text>
This explains it. You were 17 and kissing a MAN. Homosexual child molestation rears it's ugly head AGAIN in your story!
Yeah - and 18 year old man!!! Go ahead and cling to your myths.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#19 Nov 27, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
When Did You First Realize You Weren't Straight?
Umm, am I the only one that's noticed the contradiction in the above question? You can't realize your a homosexual if you're a heterosexual. The question implies that for some undetermined amount of time, evidence existed convincing oneself they were heterosexual before they sensed homosexual attractions.
If you thought you were straight, that thought had to be based on some kind of evidence, like the feelings of being attracted to the opposite sex. Understand?
The above question could well pertain to a person not understanding they had the capability to be bisexual.
And who ever phrased the question saw it's own idiocy and I bet and they wondered how long it would take someone to see it's irrelevancy.
You are the one missing the point. We live in a massively str8-presumptive society, where nearly all media portrays str8 coupling and romance. Gays have a longer journey because they need to develop enough insight to throw off social conditioning and determine their own identities, usually without visible role models. The world didn't always have "Glee".

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20 Nov 27, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in your world, but not in mine. Dream on and tell yourself whatever you need to in order to feel right.
Since the 70s, I have known homosexuals from Oklahoma to Alaska. Very seldom have I ever encountered a same sex couple where both were dominant or both weren't dominant or neither.
Very often have I encountered same sex couples where one was dominant and one not.
So I don't know what world you live in where most all same sex couples you know have no differences for being dominant or submissiveness but are the same, but if that's the case for your world, I suggest you contact a research group as they'd be highly interested in finding such a high percentage of same sex couples where neither dominance or submissiveness exists. That's a bit of an actual rarity.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21 Nov 27, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one missing the point. We live in a massively str8-presumptive society, where nearly all media portrays str8 coupling and romance. Gays have a longer journey because they need to develop enough insight to throw off social conditioning and determine their own identities, usually without visible role models. The world didn't always have "Glee".
Yeah okay, but you didn't reply to my point.
The question is when did you realize you weren't straight. If you don't know whom you're attracted to, then it is feasible that you'll have an "awakening" one day that reveals to you whom your attracted to.
But the question implies a person already has "evidence" for their attraction when they later discover more evidence for a different attraction that over rides the first one.
The question should have been "When did you realize whom you were attracted to?" not "When did you first realize your initial attraction wasn't the correct one?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End of the road for Freedom to Marry, NOM? 26 min Cowobunga 7
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning 31 min Anglo Seeker 28
Pat Robertson's Thanksgiving Warning: Stop Gay ... 34 min Fa-Foxy 22
Government Studies Sexual Habits Of Obese Girls 56 min Frank Stanton 1
Evangelicals with gay children challenging church 2 hr Fa-Foxy 27
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 2 hr Zeppelin 2,763
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Pattysboi 56,702
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 hr Pietro Armando 3,642
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,983
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 18 hr Belle Sexton 31

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE