Straight Guys: Gay Erotic Fantasies

There are 20 comments on the EDGE story from Nov 12, 2012, titled Straight Guys: Gay Erotic Fantasies. In it, EDGE reports that:

We tend to view sexual identities in binaries, but in his compilation of short stories, "Straight Guys," Shane Allison has completely flipped that notion on its head.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Lee

UK

#35 Nov 13, 2012
Guys can make whatever claims they want about the labels they use to describe themselves – after they’ve had a few drinks, they always end up doing sexual stuff with each other.
zobbybee

Lichfield, UK

#36 Nov 13, 2012
Lee wrote:
Guys can make whatever claims they want about the labels they use to describe themselves – after they’ve had a few drinks, they always end up doing sexual stuff with each other.
Yeah...I don't think 'always' is the word you're looking for. Haha! Otherwise pretty much ever guy would be limping into work on Monday.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#37 Nov 13, 2012
str8 guys just aren't very good at gay sex (and a lot of women say they aren't very good at str8 sex either. LOL)
zobbybee

Lichfield, UK

#38 Nov 13, 2012
That's like saying 'Mechanics aren't very good at cardiology'.

Gay sex isn't a field in which straight men are all that qualified.

Just the same as gay men probably aren't all that great at cunnilingus.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#39 Nov 13, 2012
zobbybee wrote:
Not once has bisexuality been mentioned. But, by definition, a straight guy wouldn't have sex with a gay guy. Or any other male. Sure, a guy whose previous orientation and experience which would predate him as 'straight' may engage in homosexual activity, but that would take him from being 'straight' to the very least 'bi-curious'. If enjoyed and repeat activities considered, bisexual.
And there is a lot of hatred on here for gay people - I don't understand it. It's like if I'm in a restaurant and someone else across the room that I don't know orders a meal I don't like...I'm hardly going to approach them and obnoxiously berate them for enjoying it.
However, if they forcefed it to me, I'd have a problem...is your prejudice based on such an experience?
And FYI - I'm a straight guy. I find some men attractive, but don't entertain the notion of physical relations.
Sexual orientation and sexual behavior aren't necessarily interchangeable terms. People can voluntarily act completely opposite to their natural compass settings for any number of reasons, some even find ways of doing it for most of a lifetime. Homosexual sex (or heterosexual for that matter) is like Chinese Checkers, there's nothing in the rules which say you have to be Chinese to play.

For the gay folk, the question for us is how much of our natural compass setting are we willing to voluntarily act contrary to for the sake of the straight folk.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#40 Nov 13, 2012
zobbybee wrote:
http://www.topix.com/news/gay/ 2012/11/psa-gay-men-will-marry -your-girlfriends

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#41 Nov 13, 2012
zobbybee wrote:
We know NOT the hairy clams !
zobbybee

Lichfield, UK

#42 Nov 13, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
We know NOT the hairy clams !
Haha. I love gay guys. Every time I've been out drinking and there is a gay dude in the group, they're normally the life of the party.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#43 Nov 13, 2012
Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
No straight guys have gay sex.
Any guy who does another guy is GAY! Even one time - GAY!
Why is this so hard for queers to understand?
Well that pretty much categorizes 80% of the long term prison population in the US as gay, doesn't it.
Lee

UK

#44 Nov 13, 2012
zobbybee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...I don't think 'always' is the word you're looking for. Haha! Otherwise pretty much ever guy would be limping into work on Monday.
You'd be surprised. Ahem. Lol Also, anal doesn't always mean pain - loads of guys can take a right pounding. Also, some guys do just oral stuff.

Not that I would know......

:-)
Stephanie

Harrow, UK

#45 Nov 13, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
str8 guys just aren't very good at gay sex (and a lot of women say they aren't very good at str8 sex either. LOL)
Your heterophobia is showing.
Stephanie

Harrow, UK

#46 Nov 13, 2012
zobbybee wrote:
Not once has bisexuality been mentioned. But, by definition, a straight guy wouldn't have sex with a gay guy. Or any other male. Sure, a guy whose previous orientation and experience which would predate him as 'straight' may engage in homosexual activity, but that would take him from being 'straight' to the very least 'bi-curious'. If enjoyed and repeat activities considered, bisexual.
And there is a lot of hatred on here for gay people - I don't understand it. It's like if I'm in a restaurant and someone else across the room that I don't know orders a meal I don't like...I'm hardly going to approach them and obnoxiously berate them for enjoying it.
However, if they forcefed it to me, I'd have a problem...is your prejudice based on such an experience?
And FYI - I'm a straight guy. I find some men attractive, but don't entertain the notion of physical relations.
I completely agree with you. I'm a leftie who supports gay rights wholeheartedly but the whole "straight guys can turn gay" shtick is stupid.

Don't the people who say this stuff realise they're playing into the hands of the homophobes who say sexual orientation is a choice and people can be recruited/turned?

If you don't already have some attraction (be it manifest or latent) to the same sex, you can't create it. You can't turn someone gay any more than you can turn someone straight.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47 Nov 13, 2012
zobbybee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly the only activity.
bobdell

Beijing, China

#48 Nov 13, 2012
anybody want to **** off with me on Skype?
bobdell

Beijing, China

#49 Nov 13, 2012
nobody? there must be somebody that needs to take care of things
bobdell

Beijing, China

#50 Nov 13, 2012
yes, I am sticking to the topic
bobdell

Beijing, China

#51 Nov 13, 2012
and no I'm not Chinese
zobbybee

Lichfield, UK

#52 Nov 13, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly the only activity.
I was joking!
Straight

United States

#53 Nov 13, 2012
I think most str8 men fantasize about various acts of men with men.....only natural. Not sayin we'd act it out, but we do fantasize about it. I know I do & nobody's straighter than me !!
Stephanie

Harrow, UK

#54 Nov 13, 2012
Straight wrote:
I think most str8 men fantasize about various acts of men with men.....only natural. Not sayin we'd act it out, but we do fantasize about it. I know I do & nobody's straighter than me !!
Stop deluding yourself. There's nothing more tragic than a closet case lying to himself.

Straight people are attracted to the idea of doing it with the opposite sex. Gay people are attracted to the idea of doing it with the same sex. Bisexual people are attracted to the idea of doing it with both sexes.

That means you're bisexual. This ain't exactly rocket science...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 3 min Fa-Foxy 37
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 59,564
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Reverend Alan 20,633
News Kenyan government: We will not allow homosexual... 7 min Rinaldo 11
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 18 min Allison 32,358
News Ben Carson joins 2016 race 22 min IQ Kid 6
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 28 min Wondering 503
Are the mods fair and balanced? 43 min FreeFrankie 818
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 2,437
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 2 hr Reverend Alan 97
More from around the web