Straight Guys: Gay Erotic Fantasies

Nov 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

We tend to view sexual identities in binaries, but in his compilation of short stories, "Straight Guys," Shane Allison has completely flipped that notion on its head.

Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

I don't think most str8 guys have gay sex.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
They are lucky to get any sex at all.
BJB

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>They are lucky to get any sex at all.
Bi curious m Wanting to be turned into a cumslut. Can you help me? Bwest5 k ik
Bruce

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
No straight guys have gay sex.

Any guy who does another guy is GAY! Even one time - GAY!

Why is this so hard for queers to understand?

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no honey you may wish that were true but it's not.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Guys - gay or straight- will have sex with just about anything that can't get away.

Speaking from personal experience, the only difference between a straight marine and a gay marine is a 6-pack of beer.......

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're wrong. A str8 guy having gay sex, for whaterv reason, does not "make him gay".(I wish it did, but it doesn't.:()
Don

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

So a pacifist decides one day he's going to murder someone just to see what it's like. Is he a murderer now or just a peace loving guy who murdered somebody once?

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Don wrote:
So a pacifist decides one day he's going to murder someone just to see what it's like. Is he a murderer now or just a peace loving guy who murdered somebody once?
Some pacificists have changed their minds and gone to war. On e example I can think of was the great actor Donald Pleasence. He was a pacifist, even after World War II began and Britain was attacked. He later changed his mid, volunteered for the R.A.F., became a pilot and flew combat missions over continental Europe, was shot down, and became a POW. And as we all know, he survided the war and became agreat actor.

And I cannot believe that even a true pacifist would not kill someone who presented a clear and present danger to him or herself, and\or loved ones. If a spouse or child faces imminent death at teh heands of a murderer, I think even a committed pacifist would kill a murderer to prevent any harm coming to their spouse or children. And if two peope are TRULY in love, and committed to one another in a marriage, I really believe that each one put's the other's life a greater value than there own.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

And yes, I've had sex with str8 guys. (They're not as good at it as gay guys).
Don

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Some pacificists have changed their minds and gone to war. On e example I can think of was the great actor Donald Pleasence. He was a pacifist, even after World War II began and Britain was attacked. He later changed his mid, volunteered for the R.A.F., became a pilot and flew combat missions over continental Europe, was shot down, and became a POW. And as we all know, he survided the war and became agreat actor.
And I cannot believe that even a true pacifist would not kill someone who presented a clear and present danger to him or herself, and\or loved ones. If a spouse or child faces imminent death at teh heands of a murderer, I think even a committed pacifist would kill a murderer to prevent any harm coming to their spouse or children. And if two peope are TRULY in love, and committed to one another in a marriage, I really believe that each one put's the other's life a greater value than there own.
That's very interesting but now can you answer my question?

I said the pacifist murders someone just to see what it's like - not in self-defense or war. Your example is more like a straight guy who goes to prison and gets raped. In that case, no he's not gay. That's a lot different than a "straight guy" who voluntarily and willingly has sex with another man. NO straight guy is ever going to have sex with another man. I don't care if I'm stranded on a desert island with another dude - I AIN'T HAVING SEX OKAY! Why? I'M NOT GAY!
ravett

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Let's assume, just for fun, that we need smell, i.e., pheromones, to start our sexual orientation. That would explain why there are many who are simply homosexual from day one (of course it leaves out the number who choose because of, usually, trauma, but I think that's mainly in women, wouldn't you agree?). At any rate, given that, we can discriminate between homo- and hetero-sexuals reasonably easily... if a man's smell turns you on and a woman's doesn't, then, like it or not, you're gay. And the reverse for lesbians. If *both* turn you on (like me), then you're bi. So whether you have had successful (for whatever reason) sex with someone, it's the pheromones which govern the basic orientation... or so I think, anyway.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

As always, people with simple minds need to have a clear cut explanation to help them deal a complex issue.
Sexuality and sex are NOT black & white .... not gay or straight .... there are many variations and subtleties that go beyond what most can comprehend.
So what if a straight guy wants to experience sex with another man? If nothing else, he would gain from the experience. It's not some end-all juncture.
Those of you who have to categorize (gay/straight - pacifist/murderer) I say to you it's not that simple, so stop trying to make it even more complex. Accept that being human is an omnidirectional experience and don't judge others with such narrow vision.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
SOunds like you've been reading too much Regnerus again!
John E

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid Fa$$ot, if a guy su;cks a dick or has sex with another guy, he's a Fa$$ot himself. You ignorant Queers are a sick bunch.
The more you post and protest, the more gay you sound. How many hits do you have on Grindr so far?
John E

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>Any dude that has sex with another dude or even a little boy is a Queer, got it?!?!
Wow, same guy, multiple proxies. Did this story strike a nerve and upset your little hear buddy?
Newman

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

mark in Toronto wrote:
So what if a straight guy wants to experience sex with another man? If nothing else, he would gain from the experience.
Yeah he'll gain something alright, AIDS.
zobbybee

Lichfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Not once has bisexuality been mentioned. But, by definition, a straight guy wouldn't have sex with a gay guy. Or any other male. Sure, a guy whose previous orientation and experience which would predate him as 'straight' may engage in homosexual activity, but that would take him from being 'straight' to the very least 'bi-curious'. If enjoyed and repeat activities considered, bisexual.

And there is a lot of hatred on here for gay people - I don't understand it. It's like if I'm in a restaurant and someone else across the room that I don't know orders a meal I don't like...I'm hardly going to approach them and obnoxiously berate them for enjoying it.

However, if they forcefed it to me, I'd have a problem...is your prejudice based on such an experience?

And FYI - I'm a straight guy. I find some men attractive, but don't entertain the notion of physical relations.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that came immediately to mind for me was Sgt. York. Didn't want to kill, but wound up killing quite a few, and capturing a bunch more. Funny how we get medals for killing, and vilified for loving.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

zobbybee wrote:
Not once has bisexuality been mentioned. But, by definition, a straight guy wouldn't have sex with a gay guy. Or any other male. Sure, a guy whose previous orientation and experience which would predate him as 'straight' may engage in homosexual activity, but that would take him from being 'straight' to the very least 'bi-curious'. If enjoyed and repeat activities considered, bisexual.
And there is a lot of hatred on here for gay people - I don't understand it. It's like if I'm in a restaurant and someone else across the room that I don't know orders a meal I don't like...I'm hardly going to approach them and obnoxiously berate them for enjoying it.
However, if they forcefed it to me, I'd have a problem...is your prejudice based on such an experience?
And FYI - I'm a straight guy. I find some men attractive, but don't entertain the notion of physical relations.
Bisexual detection device = BEER

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••