1. Should have, could have avoided the marriage penalty.<quoted text>
1. So when you got married to start your 'family', you continued to files your taxes as single?
2. Didn't add your 'spouse' to your employer supported/paid health plan? You didn't take advantage of any of the perks and benefits of marriage?
3. So either gays and lesbians seek to marry for all the same reasons you and other hetero couples seek to marry -- love, commitment, family -- or we all seek to marry just for the perks and benefits.
2. I was my employer.
3. You can't marry just because you want to. You have to meet the requirements.
Here's an example from Sheeple's home state:
SEC. 3. No man shall marry his mother, grandmother, daughter, granddaughter, stepmother, grandfather's wife, son's wife, grandson's wife, wife's mother, wife's grandmother, wife's daughter, wife's granddaughter, nor his sister, brother's daughter, sister's daughter, father's sister, mother's sister, or cousin of the first degree, or another man.
SEC. 4. No woman shall marry her father, grandfather, son, grandson, stepfather, grandmother's husband, daughter's husband, granddaughter's husband, husband's father, husband's grandfather, husband's son, husband's grandson, nor her brother, brother's son, sister's son, father's brother, mother's brother, or cousin of the first degree, or another woman.