St. Paul's Chatham to host Bishop Gene Robinson documentary

Jan 30, 2013 Full story: The Jersey Journal 64

In 2003, Gene Robinson became the first openly gay Episcopal priest elected as Bishop in the Diocese of New Hampshire, an act that has created controversy among the U.S. church and more conservative members of the worldwide Anglican Communion.

Full Story
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#26 Feb 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>So is the Earth 6000 years old or not? I say BILLIONS of years.
Do you say a virgin can have a child or that a dead man can rise after 3 days? Do you say that 5 loaves and 2 fish can feed an entire crowd?
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#27 Feb 7, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the basis for believing ANY of it is truth? The only thing I can think of is faith. And of course, faith is not proof.
"The scientific search for the origins of the universe” as follows. He says that “modern science finds itself asking precisely the same questions as those posed in earlier generations by religious thinkers. It is not a matter of another year, another decade of work, another measurement, or another theory; at this moment, it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peaks; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

Alistar McGrath

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#28 Feb 7, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you say a virgin can have a child or that a dead man can rise after 3 days? Do you say that 5 loaves and 2 fish can feed an entire crowd?
The answer to all three is the same! YES!
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#29 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>The answer to all three is the same! YES!
You believe these things yet you don't believe that God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th even though He based a commandment upon it.

#30 Feb 7, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe these things yet you don't believe that God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th even though He based a commandment upon it.
Not 7 24 hour days. Not in the least.

#31 Feb 7, 2013
Sorry that you can't understand that science is not a foe of religion.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#32 Feb 7, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the born child of an artificially inseminated lesbian the product of a virgin birth?

If a person has a heart attack and keels over, dead, and then the EMT arrives, puts the paddles to the chest and delivers a flash charge that successfully resuscitates the person, has this person resurrected from the dead?

Whether he blessed five loaves and two fishes and after being seated in groups of fifties and hundreds, when the five thousand were finished, twelve baskets of leftover food was collected or whether he held up and blessed seven loaves and a few fishes and when all four thousand were finished, seven baskets full of leftover food were recovered, which would have been the greater miracle ?...

That more food was collected after all had eaten than Jesus had held up and blessed and presented for them to begin with?

Or that everyone who had anything to contribute opened their hearts and generously gave of what they had for the benefit of all of the others who were there, so that all had more than enough to eat?
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#33 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Not 7 24 hour days. Not in the least.
So how long are we supposed to rest on the Sabbath.......3 billion years?
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#34 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the born child of an artificially inseminated lesbian the product of a virgin birth?
If a person has a heart attack and keels over, dead, and then the EMT arrives, puts the paddles to the chest and delivers a flash charge that successfully resuscitates the person, has this person resurrected from the dead?
These things did not exist during the time of Jesus. So you offer a false equivalence as usual.

Location hidden

#35 Feb 7, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no rest for people who judge others whom they do not know to be reprobate sinners and who then justify their own behavior on this stereotyped belief.

"Those who are resolute have only one thought (of Self-realization), but the thoughts of the irresolute are endless and many-branched, O Arjuna."

Location hidden

#36 Feb 7, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
These things did not exist during the time of Jesus. So you offer a false equivalence as usual.
I offered no equivalence at all.

I simply asked for answers to [three] questions.

#37 Feb 7, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
It said that GOD rested...yeah, 3 billion or so might be about right. It takes quite a bit of energy to create all of the universe.How BIG is your god? My God is an awesome God...and far more that we can ever imagine....we are to remember the Sabbath and to keep it holy. We are not to rest for 3 billion years. You are ridiculous and foolish. You can not think on a linear plane and ever rise up to meet God.

I think you have shown yourself as silly as you can be. It is not worth my time to take this on.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#38 Feb 8, 2013
... It is not worth my time to take this on.
Many posters have came to the same conclusion concerning your biblical illiteracy.
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#39 Feb 8, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no rest for people who judge others whom they do not know to be reprobate sinners and who then justify their own behavior on this stereotyped belief.
"Those who are resolute have only one thought (of Self-realization), but the thoughts of the irresolute are endless and many-branched, O Arjuna."
There is no rest for false prophets in sheep's clothing who seek to destroy the church through redefining sin.
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#40 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>It said that GOD rested...yeah, 3 billion or so might be about right. It takes quite a bit of energy to create all of the universe.How BIG is your god? My God is an awesome God...and far more that we can ever imagine....we are to remember the Sabbath and to keep it holy. We are not to rest for 3 billion years. You are ridiculous and foolish. You can not think on a linear plane and ever rise up to meet God.
I think you have shown yourself as silly as you can be. It is not worth my time to take this on.
So it basically boils down to YOU standing judgement over Scripture and deciding what you will believe and what you won't.

Well you certainly have found a compatible home in TEC because anything and everything goes.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#41 Feb 8, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
"The scientific search for the origins of the universe” as follows. He says that “modern science finds itself asking precisely the same questions as those posed in earlier generations by religious thinkers. It is not a matter of another year, another decade of work, another measurement, or another theory; at this moment, it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peaks; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
Alistar McGrath
All of which does not answer my question.

#42 Feb 8, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
So it basically boils down to YOU standing judgement over Scripture and deciding what you will believe and what you won't.
Well you certainly have found a compatible home in TEC because anything and everything goes.
Unlike your poor wife, you don't get to tell me what I believe.
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#43 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>Unlike your poor wife, you don't get to tell me what I believe.
The problem with you is that your allow contradictions into your belief system. You don't even do a good job rationalizing them to yourself or anyone else.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#44 Feb 8, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!

There's just one of the problems of literal interpretations!

God gave us history, archaeology, paleontology, geology and astronomy all so we can learn about our home.

Why do you hate these so?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#45 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>Unlike your poor wife, you don't get to tell me what I believe.
She made him become a member of TEC and TA went because it was close.

Now he has even distanced himself from Lawrence, I say he never was a member but her parents were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 1 hr Hugh Janus 41
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr serfs up 3,003
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Brian_G 6,015
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 4 hr Pietro Armando 5,134
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 6 hr Sick of Bigots an... 10
FDA: Gay, bisexual men able to donate blood 6 hr Ozark Dude 14
New Blood Donation Rules Would Still Exclude Ma... 6 hr Claude 3
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 8 hr Lars 68,586
More from around the web