St. Paul's Chatham to host Bishop Gene Robinson documentary

Jan 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Jersey Journal

In 2003, Gene Robinson became the first openly gay Episcopal priest elected as Bishop in the Diocese of New Hampshire, an act that has created controversy among the U.S. church and more conservative members of the worldwide Anglican Communion.

Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I bet they will be all atwitter.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Would love to see it. Hope to bring it to JAX soon.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has stern rebukes for those wearing blended fabrics and those who rotate their crops ...
Not mixing fabrics and crops were probably mnemonic memory devices to remind the Isrealites not to intermarry with the Canaanites, but how many Canaanites do you know exist today?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mixing fabrics and crops were probably mnemonic memory devices to remind the Isrealites not to intermarry with the Canaanites, but how many Canaanites do you know exist today?
Glad you realize that those 613 abominations do not really exist...thanks.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
About as many as men born in Sodom.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you realize that those 613 abominations do not really exist...
Jewish ceremonial law not only existed but was relevant for as long as their was a temple in Jerusalem.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
About as many as men born in Sodom.
And who all died in Sodom when it was destroyed.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably?

It's the word of God that you choose not to follow. Picking and choosing once again.

Your history lesson for today:

According to the Bible (which you really must read someday) God instructed the Israelites NOT to kill all Canaanites but to keep them as slaves.

If a slave owner had relations with a slave the child would still be a Canaanite (matriarchy - just as in the Jewish faith). So much for that sanctity of marriage proclaimed by Scripture!

The Canaanites can be tracked into northern Africa - also proven by archaeology and rock engraving.

*today's lesson is provided by a follower of Yeshua who is passionate enough to find the truth.....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably?
It's the word of God that you choose not to follow ...
Exactly how does one follow Jewish ceremonial law when there's no Jewish temple?

And only you would be so arrogant to claim your interpretations of scripture as unimpeachable.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how does one follow Jewish ceremonial law when there's no Jewish temple?
And only you would be so arrogant to claim your interpretations of scripture as unimpeachable.
So what is it Joe...none of the gobbltygook applies or just the ones you say apply? Are those 613 still in force today in 21st century Christendom? Don't they really have to do with Jewish sanitary laws and the parts about how PRIESTS must maintain certain things in the Temple?

Answer very carefully!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So what is it Joe...
Since you claim to be Episcopalian, what is the Episcopal Canon re Jewish ceremonial law and morality? How many times as TA quoted it for you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim to be Episcopalian, what is the Episcopal Canon re Jewish ceremonial law and morality? How many times as TA quoted it for you?
I came to fulfill the LAW....that God loves his children and wants them to be happy in their love for him. What is so hard to understand?

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not attend a synagogue, I'll bet your buddy Rabbi Stein will explain along the way.

And now YOU can explain to me the 'ceremonial Law' of not rotating crops or wearing blended fabric and exactly how that could possibly play into anything concerning the Temple.

PS, didn't you hear Jesus the Jew say WE ARE THE TEMPLE?

LOL...

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer Sel's question.

I can't imagine why.

LMAO!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I came to fulfill the LAW ...
... fulfill, not negate.
MiddleWay wrote:
And now YOU can explain to me the 'ceremonial Law' of not rotating crops or wearing blended fabric and exactly how that could possibly play into anything concerning the Temple ...
Not mixing fabrics and crops were probably mnemonic memory devices to remind the Isrealites not to intermarry with the Canaanites as intermarriage would prohibit one from attending Temple, i.e., ceremonially unclean, i.e, Samaritans.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... fulfill, not negate.
<quoted text>
Not mixing fabrics and crops were probably mnemonic memory devices to remind the Isrealites not to intermarry with the Canaanites as intermarriage would prohibit one from attending Temple, i.e., ceremonially unclean, i.e, Samaritans.
Yes, you copy and pasted that before but you STILL FAIL to answer what rotated crops and mixed fabric have to do with Temple Ceremony.

Am I surprised - LOL..........
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I will do it again just for kicks.
VII. Of the Old Testament.

The Old Testament is not contrary to the New: for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to Mankind by Christ, who is the only Mediator between God and Man, being both God and Man. Wherefore they are not to be heard, which feign that the old Fathers did look only for transitory promises.

Although the Law given from God by Moses, as touching Ceremonies and Rites, do not bind Christian men, nor the Civil precepts
thereof ought of necessity to be received in any commonwealth; yet notwithstanding, no Christian man whatsoever is free from the obedience of the Commandments which are called Moral.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
I will do it again just for kicks.
VII. Of the Old Testament.
The Old Testament is not contrary to the New: for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to Mankind by Christ, who is the only Mediator between God and Man, being both God and Man. Wherefore they are not to be heard, which feign that the old Fathers did look only for transitory promises.
Although the Law given from God by Moses, as touching Ceremonies and Rites, do not bind Christian men, nor the Civil precepts
thereof ought of necessity to be received in any commonwealth; yet notwithstanding, no Christian man whatsoever is free from the obedience of the Commandments which are called Moral.
That's ok TA, you believe that the earth is 6000 years old and that leprosy and blindness are results of the father's sins and epilepsy is demon possession, I'll go with the GOOD NEWS!!!!

LOL..........
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok TA, you believe that the earth is 6000 years old and that leprosy and blindness are results of the father's sins and epilepsy is demon possession, I'll go with the GOOD NEWS!!!!
LOL..........
You believe what ever an Atheist scientist tells you.

Please tell me where the Bible begins recording Truth. If not Genesis 1 then where and how do you decide?

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me where the Bible begins recording Truth. If not Genesis 1 then where and how do you decide?
What is the basis for believing ANY of it is truth? The only thing I can think of is faith. And of course, faith is not proof.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the Earth 6000 years old or not? I say BILLIONS of years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••