Vatican panel finds Catholics ignore ...

Vatican panel finds Catholics ignore church's sex rules

There are 13 comments on the Wisconsin Gazette story from Feb 5, 2014, titled Vatican panel finds Catholics ignore church's sex rules. In it, Wisconsin Gazette reports that:

New surveys commissioned by the Vatican show that the vast majority of Catholics in Germany and Switzerland reject church teaching on contraception, sexual morality, gay unions and divorce, findings remarkable both in their similarity and in the fact that they were even publicized.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wisconsin Gazette.

NY anonymous

Arverne, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2014
The height of power of the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church was during the "dark ages" - approximately 6th century AD through the 13th - which is where most of the church's current teachings on sex, sexuality, marriage and birth control firmly belong.
Judy2014

London, Canada

#2 Feb 5, 2014
I'm not surprise about those results.

I'm also not surprise that many Catholic priests and other clergy members agree and would have given the same results if they were ask. But then they would have to kiss their priesthood goodbye. It's safer for them to live a life base on lies.
amp

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Feb 5, 2014
Judy2014 wrote:
I'm also not surprise that many Catholic priests and other clergy members agree and would have given the same results if they were ask. But then they would have to kiss their priesthood goodbye. It's safer for them to live a life base on lies.
Most of the priests and clergy that you say would agree with this study would probably be homosexuals who hid their homosexuality in order to infiltrate the RCC and are already living a life based on lies.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Feb 5, 2014
NY anonymous wrote:
The height of power of the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church was during the "dark ages" - approximately 6th century AD through the 13th - which is where most of the church's current teachings on sex, sexuality, marriage and birth control firmly belong.
I was born in Brooklyn.:)

And I agree with you.:)

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Feb 5, 2014
I'm a Lutheran and Martin Luther wrote 95 theses.

THESIS # 1: IGNORE THE DAMN POPE !

Since: Nov 11

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Feb 6, 2014
Judy2014 wrote:
Nuns are pretty messed up to, coming from a catholic school where nuns got kids ready for confession. We were instucted to tell all our "sins" in the confessional, including "if we touched our selves impurely". No joke and we were told if we did not tell all our sins we would not be forgiven of any of them. Fact here no BS, can you imagine 3rd graders going into confession an having to tell the preist "they touched themselves impurely" or go to hell and not be forgiven. The catholic church has teachings baseed on makin money now just like all of the world.

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 Feb 6, 2014
PS the only good thing about catholic church I can say is it does instill in kids a sense of honesty, or at least some morals.
maid angela

Great Yarmouth, UK

#8 Feb 6, 2014
docreflex wrote:
PS the only good thing about catholic church I can say is it does instill in kids a sense of honesty, or at least some morals.
What and extraordinary concept. How can an organisation based on a myth and whole series of lies possibly instill honesty and as to morals as far as I am concerned bad morals consists of doing somebody harm and they do that all the time.

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 Feb 6, 2014
Because the teachings as a child tell you that dishonesty is a mark on your soul. The teachings of Jesus may be one thing the church may be doing other things, like a nun telling you to confess all your sins in the confessional, even if one of the sins is touching yourself "impurely" . But yes I would say that on the whole kids raised in this religion may tend to be more honest and compassionate. Just my opinion, no research or studies here to quote.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Feb 6, 2014
docreflex wrote:
Aren't all those Italians in the mafia Roman Catholics ?
Billy Ringo

Ardsley, NY

#12 Feb 7, 2014
docreflex wrote:
Yeah, and when a priest can get a kid alone, he instills something else in them.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#13 Feb 7, 2014
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and when a priest can get a kid alone, he instills something else in them.
HELLO BROOKLYN !

:)
NoPooftersHere

Knoxville, TN

#14 Feb 8, 2014
NY anonymous wrote:
People would have more respect for the Catholic Church if they didn't have so many GAY priests molesting little boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr cpeter1313 46,379
News 2nd Circuit allows sex bias suit based on gay s... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Columbus Bans 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Minors 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr River Tam 25,305
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 4 hr The Troll Stopper 34
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr The Troll Stopper 5,418
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 12 hr Junket 217,519
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 12 hr Johnny 117
More from around the web