Same-sex couples greet advent of gay marriage in Maine with midnight weddings

Full story: The Washington Post

Sarah Dowling, left, speaks at a Nov. 1 gay marriage rally, accompanied by her partner of 18 years, Linda Wolfe, and their daughter, Maya Dowling-Wolfe, in Portland, Maine.
Comments
21 - 40 of 64 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2012

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes blame it on the world that YOURE fcked up. Whatever makes you feel better about your sorry self.
I have no issues - that seems to be more your problem.

But, you don't believe that subjecting a child to the kind of irrational hatred you feel might be harmful to them?

I would think, from the tone of your posts, that your upbringing was rough, and it damaged you in some ways. Am I right?

And you still support doing that to other kids?

That's very sad.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Oblahblah supports the taxpayers then you need to go educate yourself. Seriously.
The economy is improving. Deal with it.

Your irrational hatred of Obama is just as absurd as the irrational hatred of Bush that I used to see. Silly name calling, but no substance.

Point to specific policies and explain why you disagree with them - that's how adults debate. Once you devolve into insults, you just prove yourself to be ignorant.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't make gay people, stupid.
You are right, He didn't make us stupid - he just made us human.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't make gay people, stupid.
Ever stop to think that no one cares what Bigots United has to say.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, the supposed secret Gay love affair.......man, you people will believe in anything.......lol!!!
Pictures do not lie.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not Bigots United you have to answer to - we can not help you - it's GOD.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. Humans make mistakes. You read it for yourself. What Obama has done is an abomination of the Bible which is GOD'S word.
Leviticus 20:13 &#9658; .
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
If a man lie also with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,.... Is guilty of the sin of sodomy, this is a breach of the law in Leviticus 18:22, both of them have committed an abomination; he that lies, and he that is lain with, both consenting to perpetrate the abominable wickedness; which may well be called an abomination, being contrary to nature, and more than brutish, for nothing of that kind is to be found among brutes
Uh, I do NOT lie with men as I would with women, not EVEN. Use your imagination! Besides, I usually sit up, or stand.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pictures do not lie.
ooh, you've seen PICTURES! Oh, can you include them? I think Rob Emanuael is really HOT and Obama ain't so bad himself.

Look granny, do 30 seconds of research and see that to most folks UNDER 50 this is a non issue. I don't know how old you are, but I am guessing geriatric due to your archaic attitudes. Your prejudices are dying along with your peers. Sorry to be brutal, but in 20 years all your prejudices will be in their lonely graves. I can speak thus for I recently became eligible for cheaper movie tickets myself and therefore am immune to criticism of ageism.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not Bigots United you have to answer to - we can not help you - it's GOD.
Then why not let God do HIS job, and you mind your own B-I-Business?

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will come back against you. Forgive others and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>ooh, you've seen PICTURES! Oh, can you include them? I think Rob Emanuael is really HOT and Obama ain't so bad himself.
Look granny, do 30 seconds of research and see that to most folks UNDER 50 this is a non issue. I don't know how old you are, but I am guessing geriatric due to your archaic attitudes. Your prejudices are dying along with your peers. Sorry to be brutal, but in 20 years all your prejudices will be in their lonely graves. I can speak thus for I recently became eligible for cheaper movie tickets myself and therefore am immune to criticism of ageism.
The pictures were on the internet and you have no idea who you are talking about - it is NOT ROB Emanuael his name is RAHM EMANUEL. This is an issue, it goes against GODS Word. Obama is pushing America to a Sodom and Gomorrah. Your comments lets me know that you think anything that anyone does is just fine. You have no rules or regulations. I do not worship Obama as you do so I know we do not agree on this topic.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Then why not let God do HIS job, and you mind your own B-I-Business?
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will come back against you. Forgive others and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37
You are accusing GOD of making a mistake. NEVER HAPPENED. Humans make mistakes and destroys GOD WORKS.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. Humans make mistakes. You read it for yourself. What Obama has done is an abomination of the Bible which is GOD'S word.
Leviticus 20:13 &#9658; .
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
If a man lie also with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,.... Is guilty of the sin of sodomy, this is a breach of the law in Leviticus 18:22, both of them have committed an abomination; he that lies, and he that is lain with, both consenting to perpetrate the abominable wickedness; which may well be called an abomination, being contrary to nature, and more than brutish, for nothing of that kind is to be found among brutes
Sorry, but your bible and especially Leviticus DON'T apply to anyone in today's society......funny how you folks love to quote scripture, but rarely follow them!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The pictures were on the internet and you have no idea who you are talking about - it is NOT ROB Emanuael his name is RAHM EMANUEL. This is an issue, it goes against GODS Word. Obama is pushing America to a Sodom and Gomorrah. Your comments lets me know that you think anything that anyone does is just fine. You have no rules or regulations. I do not worship Obama as you do so I know we do not agree on this topic.
Sodom and Gomorrah are nothing more than a mere bible story........and again HAVE NOTHING to do with our society or form of Government today......to bad you can't grasp that concept!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pictures do not lie.
Sure they do.......any picture can be doctored to appear to be something else.....and only idiots like yourself would believe them!!!!

“IMPEACH the Liberal's”

Since: Mar 09

Human Trafficker-in-chief!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>

But, you don't believe that subjecting a child to the kind of irrational hatred you feel might be harmful to them?
I believe that lying to a child by saying homosexual is natural and normal and allowing them to see to grown men French kiss should be considered a form of child abuse and those children should immediately be removed from the home.

“IMPEACH the Liberal's”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....your silly definition of a bigot is anyone who doesn't agree with the perverted, weird, gay agenda which basically means they're not bigots at all!!

“IMPEACH the Liberal's”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, He didn't make us stupid - he just made us human.
Ever heard of free will, stupid? You CHOOSE to be gay, God did not make you that way. STUPID.

“IMPEACH the Liberal's”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you idiots don't blame the woes of the world on Gays and Lesbians.......
Not all of the woes of the world just some... the rest we blame on Oblahblah and his retarded party, the homocidal Islamofacists and just stupid people in general.

“IMPEACH the Liberal's”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodom and Gomorrah are nothing more than a mere bible story........and again HAVE NOTHING to do with our society or form of Government today......to bad you can't grasp that concept!!!
Unfortunately for you, the majority of the world believes in those "mere bible stories"....which is why you and your kind are still a frowned upon minority

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, the majority of the world believes in those "mere bible stories"....which is why you and your kind are still a frowned upon minority
Actually.....no, they don't and even if they did......it matters not because the bible doesn't run our government!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••