GMHC Looks at Spirituality, Health and HIV

Oct 28, 2013 Full story: EDGE

From left to right: Elder Stacey Latimer, Chris Jones, Reverend Dr. Mariah Britton, Reverend Michael Lynch and Lynnette Ford, MSW Many in the LGBT community have a conflicted relationship with religion, thanks to an upbringing replete with messages about homophobia and the wages of sin.

Full Story

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#1 Oct 29, 2013
In my opinion, seeking to live a healthier life has NOTHING to do with religion or spirituality. If you won't do it for yourself, why would you do it for an imaginary mythical entity in the sky? Conversely, why would you deliberately neglect yourself just because you reject the notion of gods ruling us from outer space?

Just one more example of how humans have been conditioned to believe that religion is good, and the absence of religion must be bad -- without any basis in fact!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Oct 29, 2013
Typical of web-based news organizations these days; they forgot to mention what the heck a GMHC is
Well it turns out it is not a new model pickup truck or a car-title loan shark
GMHC is this:
The Gay Men's Health Crisis is a New York City-based non-profit, volunteer-supported and community-based AIDS service organization that has led the United States in the fight against AIDS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 min EdmondWA 29,659
Couple who met as women five years ago set to m... 13 min DNF 19
CP exclusive: Wynne says some sex education pro... 15 min hal 30
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min Brian_G 51,319
Anti-gay hotel owners refuse to host another sa... 29 min david traversa 6
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 41 min DNF 14,973
Woman arrested as gay couple gets Alabama marri... 1 hr DNF 22
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 1 hr DNF 31
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr DNF 948
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 3 hr DNF 3,238
More from around the web