Do you say 'he' or 'she'? Who decides?

Aug 25, 2013 Full story: CNN 7

Bradley Manning, the U.S. soldier who leaked 750,000 pages of classified documents to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks, released a statement on August 22 saying, "I am a female."

Full Story

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Aug 26, 2013
It's generally accepted that the person's preference in gender dictates which pronouns are used. People who don't respect what Transexuality is, frequently will purposely use the wrong pronoun just out of spite.
Regards, Terri
Lionel

Netherlands

#2 Aug 26, 2013
If he's got a pen!s he's a he.

This ain't rocket science folks.

Central NJ

#3 Aug 26, 2013
Yes, One hundred years ago! Things are known now that weren't when that policy was in effect. Read my lips, GENDER IS MUTABLE! But I'm glad to see you're not throwing that old, worn out argument about DNA in my face. We bypass the DNA. You've come a long way!
Regards, Terri
Lionel wrote:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Aug 26, 2013
Lionel wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Um sweetie, you, I assume anyways, have a penis and yet nobody here thinks of you as male, but more of an it.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 2, 2013
Lionel wrote:
Physically perhaps yes
But just as we have names and are not merely oi you, or some other neanderfall grunt we are not just our bodies. May be you only identify yourself with your body but most of us identify ourselves as something more, something less tangible
(And if having that were the only criteria, what of the men who have had accidents or attacks, by your definition they are no longer men, but clearly they are and you wouldn't hesitate in calling them whichever pronoun they choose)
Who decides, obviously it's the person themselves
miley sweet cheeks

Arlington Heights, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Physically perhaps yes
But just as we have names and are not merely oi you, or some other neanderfall grunt we are not just our bodies. May be you only identify yourself with your body but most of us identify ourselves as something more, something less tangible
(And if having that were the only criteria, what of the men who have had accidents or attacks, by your definition they are no longer men, but clearly they are and you wouldn't hesitate in calling them whichever pronoun they choose)
Who decides, obviously it's the person themselves
I am my body,Ya see that's why I twerk yall cause I have a smoking body that's all natural unlike cher's plastic assss,plastic nose,store bought boobs,and fake camel toe implant. Im all natural hot,young firm,sweet .Everybody wants my body.I caused more old guys to soil their shorts from pre ejaculation than all the lapp dancers in the world combined.Just a few rotations of my hipps and a wiggle of my hot buttox and the juices are flowing all over the world yall.I bet you daydream about me too don't ya?

Central NJ

#7 Oct 6, 2013
I (we all) have known effeminate men who've been "she" behind their backs. I know of a famous man who was called "Barbara" behind his back. Why? Because people recognize that person's innate femininity. This is usually done to deride the person. Just as former Attorney General, Janet Reno was called "Butch". Janet Reno had zero control over her body and it's proportions at birth or any other time, so why are we giving her hard time over it? We seem to be able to undermine that persons sense of self by doing this. But why do it to a complete stranger? In fact why do it at all?
Please Don't Call Me Sir!
Regards, Terri

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll: Support for gay marriage may be leveling off 7 min eJohn 16
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 13 min cancer suxs 284
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 22 min anonymous 56,057
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 34 min Wondering 1,403
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min MaryanMattie 49,942
Dallas' annual gay pride parade draws thousands... 42 min Wondering 6
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 48 min Wondering 79
How long before being gay is a fireable offense? 5 hr Who 44
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••