Temple performs same-sex marriage ceremony, newlyweds hurdle barriers with love

Aug 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times-Tribune

But there was something that made their union slightly different, a first for the Jewish congregation in Scranton - Jen and Naomi Simmons are a same-sex couple.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Aug 29, 2011
Ben

Lacon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

2

This goes against centuries of Jewish teaching, practice, and the very Torah itself, all of which condemn all homosexual behavior.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Ben wrote:
This goes against centuries of Jewish teaching, practice, and the very Torah itself, all of which condemn all homosexual behavior.
Apparently, David, whatís left of your meager mind has caused you to forget that youíre not Jewish and not marrying someone of the same sex, so itís really none of your business.
Ben

Lacon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, David, whatís left of your meager mind has caused you to forget that youíre not Jewish and not marrying someone of the same sex, so itís really none of your business.
My name isn't David, you dope.

Explain to us just how you think this is your business.

It is a fact that the Torah and centuries of Jewish tradition and practice condemn all homosexual behavior, and sad to see a group claiming to be Jewish leaving this reality. In fact, such a 'temple' would not be recognized as such in Israel.

Since: Jul 10

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>My name isn't David, you dope.
Explain to us just how you think this is your business.
It is a fact that the Torah and centuries of Jewish tradition and practice condemn all homosexual behavior, and sad to see a group claiming to be Jewish leaving this reality. In fact, such a 'temple' would not be recognized as such in Israel.
1. It's his business because he's gay. It directly affects people like him.

2. The OT doesn't condemn homosexuality.

3. If you were to take the OT literally, and actually cite it as a reason for hating gays, you're either ignorant or a hypocrite. The OT says a lot of stuff. I don't see people calling for the genocide of others simply because god, for some reason, plays favorites, subjugating women for being less divine than men, marching against tattoo parlors, and marching against Red Lobster for propagating the abomination of eating shellfish.

Since: Sep 07

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>My name isn't David, you dope.
Well it certainly isn't "Ben" either, David!
[QUOTE}Explain to us just how you think this is your business.It is a fact that the Torah and centuries of Jewish tradition and practice condemn all homosexual behavior, and sad to see a group claiming to be Jewish leaving this reality. In fact, such a 'temple' would not be recognized as such in Israel.[/QUOTE]
This is nonsense, just like everything else you ever wrote! I don't think Israel permits same-sex marriage yet but they recognize such marriages that took place elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>My name isn't David, you dope.
Explain to us just how you think this is your business.
It is a fact that the Torah and centuries of Jewish tradition and practice condemn all homosexual behavior, and sad to see a group claiming to be Jewish leaving this reality. In fact, such a 'temple' would not be recognized as such in Israel.
Put down the crack pipe, David. As Ken pointed out, it is indeed my business. Nevertheless, in my original post I never said that it was; I said it wasnít any business of yours. Thatís evidently too fine a distinction for you to follow. As well it would be in someone who canít even recall his own name. Since itís obvious you need help, go to a mirror and repeat the following until you have it memorized:

ďMy name is David, and I am an idiot. The vast majority of non-psychotic people have overwhelmingly rejected my deliberate dishonesty and witless commentary in every forum that allows it.Ē
Ben

Lacon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the crack pipe, David. As Ken pointed out, it is indeed my business. Nevertheless, in my original post I never said that it was; I said it wasnít any business of yours. Thatís evidently too fine a distinction for you to follow. As well it would be in someone who canít even recall his own name. Since itís obvious you need help, go to a mirror and repeat the following until you have it memorized:
ďMy name is David, and I am an idiot. The vast majority of non-psychotic people have overwhelmingly rejected my deliberate dishonesty and witless commentary in every forum that allows it.Ē
Thanks for letting us know that you can't answer the question, idiot and liar. You can't support your lie that my name is David. You are a dope. You can make no logical case for your horrible hate based agenda so you lie.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 28, 2011
 
And now the discussion is ALL about him.

Very ACA behavior.

Happy High Holy Days Everyone!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for letting us know that you can't answer the question, idiot and liar. You can't support your lie that my name is David. You are a dope. You can make no logical case for your horrible hate based agenda so you lie.
Okay: Then why don't you tell us your real name? Funny how someone whose ever post is a lie would accuse someone else. Hmmmm. WWJD?

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ben wrote:
This goes against centuries of Jewish teaching, practice, and the very Torah itself, all of which condemn all homosexual behavior.
Hey buybull retardate, the overwhelming percentage of Jews don't follow the many proscriptions in the Torah, just like the overwhelming percentage of Christians, especially the loud mouth, sexually fixated xstains, don't follow the many proscriptions in the buybull.

You can post all you want, your fantasies aren't going to go away and your wife and kids aren't going to come back.

snicker
Ben

Lacon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 29, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buybull retardate, the overwhelming percentage of Jews don't follow the many proscriptions in the Torah, just like the overwhelming percentage of Christians, especially the loud mouth, sexually fixated xstains, don't follow the many proscriptions in the buybull.
You can post all you want, your fantasies aren't going to go away and your wife and kids aren't going to come back.
snicker
My wife and kids have never left, dope. You can make no rational case for your hate, so you post malicious lies about those who post the truth you so hate.

No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage.
-No child is ever born as a direct result and no economically unequal genders are involved.
-No homosexual relationship is a basic building block of society.
-There is no standardized pattern for homosexual relationships
-No homosexual relationship can provide a child a mother and father, and having both is one of the most reliable statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.

No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows your concocted oxymoron. This all has amazingly little to do with anyone marrying.

Americans overwhelmingly reject homosexual 'marriage' as the same thing as a real marriage, with a growing majority of states enacting constitutional amendments to prevent disenfranchisement of citizens on this issue.

It is ludicrous to claim that redefining marriage is a Constitutional right.

The Bible, a book recognized as Scripture by most Americans, repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms.

Since: Sep 07

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

The Sage of Pekin is in denial mode and this thread has been hijacked by him. Therefore, I'm out of this thread as it's pointless to argue with such a Holy putz.

Since: Jul 10

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 29, 2011
 
Ben wrote:
You can make no rational case for your hate, so you post malicious lies about those who post the truth you so hate.
The irony. LOL.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>My wife and kids have never left, dope.
One of your other closet guises said you never had a wife.

Jeebus don't like lierz, even if they're lierz fer jeebus. However, you are funny.

Praiz!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••