Bill to legalize same-sex civil unions defeated in Colorado

May 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Comments
1,081 - 1,100 of 1,428 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2012

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1180
Jun 10, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
no. and the bible wasn't saying it was ok to do that either.
Yes it did. And you confirmed that's what it said in your post.
No big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1181
Jun 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as an ex-gay. PERIOD. I refuse to believe it until they take a plethysmograph test. They have every motive imaginable for lying. It is impossible to pray away the gay. There's a word for people who will believe anything as long as jesus is involved: NAIVE.
I didn't say the Buybull is a lie. I said it is Jewish folklore. It doesn't surprise me that you cannot distinguish between the two.
Being an "ex gay" is like a brunette coloring her hair blond and saying she is an ex brunette. down at the roots she is still brunette, despite what she puts forward to the world.
Passing Through

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1182
Jun 10, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
so what you are trying to tell me is that the new replacement of the 10 commandment plaque, has NOTHING to do with the 10 commandements? that i just read the article wrong when it clearly said it shows the reference to those 10 commandments and the teachings of Jesus as part of the American heritage/foundation.
Your link indicated the textbook cited the 10 commandments as one of several influences upon the law. The purpose of that plaque wasn't to discuss religion nor the roots of "religious" democracy as you incorrectly stated.
YELLODOG wrote:
hummmmmmmmm guess i can't read after all.
Finally, something we both agree upon.
Passing Through

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1183
Jun 10, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so dishonest.
you are just playing word games here
you know EXACTLY what i am saying.
you are lecturing me on being EDUCATED when you are lumping insects and reptiles and PLANTS in with humanity! LOL
So you think humans are the only species on the planet? Really? Hate to burst your bubble of stupidity (well, not really) but there's approximately 1,000,000 species of insects, over 300,000 species of plants and over 9,000 species of reptiles.

link: http://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Fac...
YELLODOG wrote:
you are absolutely a moron if there ever was one.
Sorry, cupcake, but the absolute moron is YOU. And you prove it every day you take another breath (and thereby waste the planet's oxygen).
YELLODOG wrote:
because it does take a sperm and an egg to generate a baby.
Not for all species with males and females. Research parthenogenesis and have a sixth grader explain it to you.
YELLODOG wrote:
you idiot.
plants are not PEOPLE
Sorry, you intellectually retarded hag, you're the one confused about sex and species, not me. You said "male and female species", not male and female sexes nor anything about the human species specifically. There are over 300,00 species of plants. There's only one human species.

If you can't learn to communicate with adults, perhaps your days would be better spent with your intellectual equals in grade school.
YELLODOG wrote:
what is wrong with you? besides the obvious.
That's a question you should be asking yourself.
YELLODOG wrote:
LOL
At least you can laugh at yourself like others do.
YELLODOG wrote:
if you think it doesn't require a man and a woman to make a baby then how about you dazzle the world with your knowledge of how one can make a person without a sperm and an egg.
But you said nothing about humans, only "male and female species". Many species have males and females and not all of them require both sexes in order to reproduce.

By suddenly shifting the discussion to humans, you merely prove my point that you're unable to articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely for others.
YELLODOG wrote:
all you are doing is building sand castles in the sand, trying to justify that which is ERROR.
and every time a wave washes your castle out to sea, you build another one, not ever realizing the flaw in it.
I'm not trying to justify your error in talking about "male and female species"; I'm the one calling you out for making it.
YELLODOG wrote:
lets talk about your love of evolution for a moment....
maybe you can clear up the big mystery.
you people who think we all came from animals, explain this.
if evolution is the process of one species CHANGING into something different........then by all logic, if we came from tadpoles, wiggly worms, or primates billions of years ago, shouldn't there be NO MORE tadpoles or wiggly worms or primates on the planet today?
how can evolution change things and still leave them behind at the same time?
you can't tell a logical person a billion years ago people evolved from primates .....and there still be primates today.
you can't tell people they came from a tadpole if the planet is still covered in tadpoles today.
evolution would cause extinction of that which it was changing.
DUH.
AND another reality, is that if evolution takes billions of years to complete, then species would die off before they could be changed.......
so your si-fy, science, secular, and heathenistic claims are nothing more than a false religion called atheism.
Who was talking about evolution? Seriously, can you not follow a single train of thought? No wonder every discussion with an uneducable fool like you turns into a train wreck.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1184
Jun 11, 2012
 
Cheyenne277 wrote:
What a nice job Oklahoma did of recently redefining marriage.
Voters voted to keep marriage as is, between husband and wife. Keeping marriage between man and woman is pro-gay, since every gay was born from a mother and father.
verte

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1185
Jun 11, 2012
 

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1186
Jun 12, 2012
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Voters voted to keep marriage as is, between husband and wife. Keeping marriage between man and woman is pro-gay, since every gay was born from a mother and father.
So? Every human is also an ape, does that mean we should act like the other apes too?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1187
Jun 12, 2012
 
No, it means we shouldn't redefine a fundamental cultural institution to suite sexual predilection. That's not equality, that's decadence.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1188
Jun 12, 2012
 
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did. And you confirmed that's what it said in your post.
uh NO i did not. thats YOUR misguided assumption.
the bible did not tell you that was ok to do.
that was a STORY of something happening but GOD did not instruct it.
why can't you read with any understanding?

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1189
Jun 12, 2012
 
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think humans are the only species on the planet? Really? Hate to burst your bubble of stupidity (well, not really) but there's approximately 1,000,000 species of insects, over 300,000 species of plants and over 9,000 species of reptiles.
link: http://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Fac...
<quoted text>
Sorry, cupcake, but the absolute moron is YOU. And you prove it every day you take another breath (and thereby waste the planet's oxygen).
<quoted text>
Not for all species with males and females. Research parthenogenesis and have a sixth grader explain it to you.
<quoted text>
Sorry, you intellectually retarded hag, you're the one confused about sex and species, not me. You said "male and female species", not male and female sexes nor anything about the human species specifically. There are over 300,00 species of plants. There's only one human species.
If you can't learn to communicate with adults, perhaps your days would be better spent with your intellectual equals in grade school.
<quoted text>
That's a question you should be asking yourself.
<quoted text>
At least you can laugh at yourself like others do.
<quoted text>
But you said nothing about humans, only "male and female species". Many species have males and females and not all of them require both sexes in order to reproduce.
By suddenly shifting the discussion to humans, you merely prove my point that you're unable to articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely for others.
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to justify your error in talking about "male and female species"; I'm the one calling you out for making it.
<quoted text>
Who was talking about evolution? Seriously, can you not follow a single train of thought? No wonder every discussion with an uneducable fool like you turns into a train wreck.
you are the one IMPLYING that insects and humans are the same thing.

you inserting insects when we were discussing HUMANS.
but you think that ALL life came from the same wiggly worm because you actually believe evolution is more than just a theory.
and you call me stupid? AHAHAHAHA! whoooo.

well my suggestion to you, would be to take a trip to the farm sometime mr.intelligence.
see if you can find two roosters walking arm and arm,
two cows ... or two bulls mating.
see if you can produce a kitten from two dogs.

you are so DESPIRATE to justify homosexuality that you will say and do anything no matter how ridiculous it is.

fact is, in the begining GOD CREATED THEM MALE AND FEMALE.

and you can argue that point all you like, won't change it.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1190
Jun 12, 2012
 
a recent study from the New Family Structure (NFSS) did a study of adults ranging from the age of 18 to 39 who were raised in gay households. compaired against
co-habiting adults
single straight parents
and adoptive straight parents

study showed that children raised in SS homes had lower incomes, poorer health both mental and physcial.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1191
Jun 12, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the one IMPLYING that insects and humans are the same thing.
you inserting insects when we were discussing HUMANS.
but you think that ALL life came from the same wiggly worm because you actually believe evolution is more than just a theory.
and you call me stupid? AHAHAHAHA! whoooo.
well my suggestion to you, would be to take a trip to the farm sometime mr.intelligence.
see if you can find two roosters walking arm and arm,
two cows ... or two bulls mating.
see if you can produce a kitten from two dogs.
you are so DESPIRATE to justify homosexuality that you will say and do anything no matter how ridiculous it is.
fact is, in the begining GOD CREATED THEM MALE AND FEMALE.
and you can argue that point all you like, won't change it.
Actually, IN THE BEGINNING, God created ASEXUAL single-celled life forms such as amoeba and paramecium. And many life forms, even some fishes, reproduce without male and female forms.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1192
Jun 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

YELLODOG wrote:
a recent study from the New Family Structure (NFSS) did a study of adults ranging from the age of 18 to 39 who were raised in gay households. compaired against
co-habiting adults
single straight parents
and adoptive straight parents
study showed that children raised in SS homes had lower incomes, poorer health both mental and physcial.
If it's the study that was just released, you are in a most unfortunate position: You just defended a study which has been attacked for *provable* errors and problems. In fact, numerous sources online *have already begun to detail* the scientific problems with that study.

Thought you weren't interested in what science said, by the way. Seems you are *SUDDENLY INTERESTED AS HELL* when it benefits *YOUR VIEWPOINT*. How convenient.

How very,

very

convenient.
Passing Through

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1193
Jun 12, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the one IMPLYING that insects and humans are the same thing.
That's a pathetically stupid lie, even for you.
YELLODOG wrote:
you inserting insects when we were discussing HUMANS.
No, you claimed there were "male and female species". I was merely correcting your ignorance as usual by pointing out male and female are sexes , not species and giving you actual examples of species. It's not my fault you're uneducated and uneducable.
YELLODOG wrote:
but you think that ALL life came from the same wiggly worm because you actually believe evolution is more than just a theory.
Still don't know what the word "theory" means in a scientific context, huh? That would require you to have evolved human intelligence - which clearly you don't.
YELLODOG wrote:
and you call me stupid? AHAHAHAHA! whoooo.
There' no need for me to call you stupid. You prove it yourself on a daily basis.
YELLODOG wrote:
well my suggestion to you, would be to take a trip to the farm sometime mr.intelligence.
see if you can find two roosters walking arm and arm,
two cows ... or two bulls mating.
see if you can produce a kitten from two dogs.
That would be more likely than an intelligent thought ever emanating from your defective brain.
YELLODOG wrote:
you are so DESPIRATE to justify homosexuality that you will say and do anything no matter how ridiculous it is.
And yet you were the one making the asinine assertion about "male and female species". That's second only to your delusional expectation that others should take an uneducated dolt like you seriously about anything.
YELLODOG wrote:
fact is, in the begining GOD CREATED THEM MALE AND FEMALE.
and you can argue that point all you like, won't change it.
Science long ago proved your biblical creation story as well as its timeline the myth that it is.

“Wa-chew-ka - ChiricahuaApache”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1194
Jun 13, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the one IMPLYING that insects and humans are the same thing.
you inserting insects when we were discussing HUMANS.
but you think that ALL life came from the same wiggly worm because you actually believe evolution is more than just a theory.
and you call me stupid? AHAHAHAHA! whoooo.
well my suggestion to you, would be to take a trip to the farm sometime mr.intelligence.
see if you can find two roosters walking arm and arm,
two cows ... or two bulls mating.
see if you can produce a kitten from two dogs.
you are so DESPIRATE to justify homosexuality that you will say and do anything no matter how ridiculous it is.
fact is, in the begining GOD CREATED THEM MALE AND FEMALE.
and you can argue that point all you like, won't change it.
Your absolutely correct in your assumption. Any fool with a modicum of grey matter can see that this is attempt to put a smiley face on a 'squalid' and deviant practise. Every thing about this so called "gay life style" is all about their sexuality, prancing around with sexual connotations during "gay pride days." Not to mention a recent ordinance passed in the neo-Sodom&Gomorrah,(San Fransicko) which allows these people to walk around naked in public, including going to restaurants and any other public place -- exposing themselves to children in their everyday activities as well. One exception however, they have to have their butts covered with a 'mud-flap'(towel) for sanitary reasons -- how thoughtful. <Grimace>

Not to sound repetitious.....

"That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature, and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error. And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting." Romans 1: 26-29

God is a God of 'absolutes,' no shades of grey, political correctness or affirmative action. So if one is looking for affirmation of ones deviant life style, you won't find it here.....except for forgiveness and redemption for PAST sins through Jesus Christ.

These folks often try to use the word 'Interpretation' as a distraction or smoke screen, which on its face is a canard. Any normal twelve year old could get the meaning from God's inspired words in Romans 1: 26-29.

'Nuff said!

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1195
Jun 13, 2012
 
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, IN THE BEGINNING, God created ASEXUAL single-celled life forms such as amoeba and paramecium. And many life forms, even some fishes, reproduce without male and female forms.
so then where is YOUR 'tangible' proof of that thinking?
my proof is in the actual written word of God.
my proof is in the FACT even scientist marvel at the INTELLIGENCE in a single cell of life.
my proof is in the fact man can not create life from scratch.
FISH are not HUMANS
fish don't possess a SOUL.
GOD says HE BREATHED into the nostrils of man giving him a LIVING SOUL.
animals are not humans.

there is a REASON animals never have and never will and do not
speak
reason as humans do
have a conscience
drive cars
write
read
go to work
pay taxes
and run the world

GOD gave man dominion over everything on this earth.
and it has always been that way.

and why would GOD, being all powerful and mighty and everything that emcompasses what a GOD would be, not be able to create man as man in the first place, why would GOD being GOD have to rely on evolution when HE spoke all of creation into place? THINK.
use your common sense.

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1196
Jun 13, 2012
 
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's the study that was just released, you are in a most unfortunate position: You just defended a study which has been attacked for *provable* errors and problems. In fact, numerous sources online *have already begun to detail* the scientific problems with that study.
Thought you weren't interested in what science said, by the way. Seems you are *SUDDENLY INTERESTED AS HELL* when it benefits *YOUR VIEWPOINT*. How convenient.
How very,
very
convenient.
LOL OF COURSE you are going to argue with it.
anything that contridicts your love of sexual immorality couldn't possibley be correct could it?

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1197
Jun 13, 2012
 
Passing Through wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pathetically stupid lie, even for you.
<quoted text>
No, you claimed there were "male and female species". I was merely correcting your ignorance as usual by pointing out male and female are sexes , not species and giving you actual examples of species. It's not my fault you're uneducated and uneducable.
<quoted text>
Still don't know what the word "theory" means in a scientific context, huh? That would require you to have evolved human intelligence - which clearly you don't.
<quoted text>
There' no need for me to call you stupid. You prove it yourself on a daily basis.
<quoted text>
That would be more likely than an intelligent thought ever emanating from your defective brain.
<quoted text>
And yet you were the one making the asinine assertion about "male and female species". That's second only to your delusional expectation that others should take an uneducated dolt like you seriously about anything.
<quoted text>
Science long ago proved your biblical creation story as well as its timeline the myth that it is.
i know you are not trying to tell me that the word theory means different things now are you? LOL

you ARE being stupid.
you really truly are.
and it proves my point that you will go to ANY length to protect your 'addictions' or support of them for others.

this world was not sustained by a homosexual society of past or present .......... or future.
the fact GOD created them MALE and FEMALE in the begining was for the cause HE outlined.
procreation
and family unit.

without that you or I would not be here today.

homosexuality was not in God's design of mankind
and that has been proven time after time after time.....thru out history.
and you are just to BLIND to see it.

so instead of acknowledging what GOD said in the bible
instead of acknowledging what history has shown
instead of acknowledging the common sense aspect of it
you choose to lash out at me and call me a liar.
HOW INTELLIGENT IS THAT?
it is not.
you are defending a LOOSING cause
you are defending a wrong
you are defending immorality and bashing those who defend morality.
i wonder if you don't know that puts you on the wrong side of God and the wrong side of eternity.

how can anyone be so blind to truth?

“ONE NATION UNDER GOD!”

Since: Jan 09

Cincinnati Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1198
Jun 13, 2012
 
Huachuca wrote:
<quoted text>
Your absolutely correct in your assumption. Any fool with a modicum of grey matter can see that this is attempt to put a smiley face on a 'squalid' and deviant practise. Every thing about this so called "gay life style" is all about their sexuality, prancing around with sexual connotations during "gay pride days." Not to mention a recent ordinance passed in the neo-Sodom&Gomorrah,(San Fransicko) which allows these people to walk around naked in public, including going to restaurants and any other public place -- exposing themselves to children in their everyday activities as well. One exception however, they have to have their butts covered with a 'mud-flap'(towel) for sanitary reasons -- how thoughtful. <Grimace>
Not to sound repetitious.....
"That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature, and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error. And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting." Romans 1: 26-29
God is a God of 'absolutes,' no shades of grey, political correctness or affirmative action. So if one is looking for affirmation of ones deviant life style, you won't find it here.....except for forgiveness and redemption for PAST sins through Jesus Christ.
These folks often try to use the word 'Interpretation' as a distraction or smoke screen, which on its face is a canard. Any normal twelve year old could get the meaning from God's inspired words in Romans 1: 26-29.
'Nuff said!
EXCELLENT post! you said it all. and you are SO right.
but be prepaired for people like booots and others to come at you with their fists a swingin' charging you with 'attacking' gays.
you are right and when you are right you are right.
As in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah so shall it be again....
No big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1199
Jun 13, 2012
 
YELLODOG wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCELLENT post! you said it all. and you are SO right.
but be prepaired for people like booots and others to come at you with their fists a swingin' charging you with 'attacking' gays.
you are right and when you are right you are right.
As in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah so shall it be again....
Looks like you have another member for your American Taliban movement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••