Mich. Counseling Student Expelled Over Refusal to Treat Gay Client, Wins Case

Dec 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

A counseling student from Eastern Michigan University, who was expelled from the school's counseling program over her refusal to treat a gay client, has resolved her legal case against the college, the Detroit Free Press reports.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
catter

Coeur D Alene, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 12, 2012
 
Instead of expelling her, they should give her a failing grade to represent her failure as a counselor and as a human being.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

She didn't win her case, counseling students at EMU are still required to abide by ACA guidelines when dealing with LGBT clients, regardless of their religious beliefs to the contrary. This was a nuisance settlement, nothing more.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Pay the bitch off and be done with her. She will have this lawsuit stain with her for the rest of her career. Private practice and Nutbag Religious schools will be her only options for employment.$75,000 was cheap!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 12, 2012
 
Did Jesus ever say anything about law suits? Perhaps ADF should consult their Bible before filing any more cases.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 12, 2012
 
The school caved in. Here is the pertinent fact of the case:

She did not complete the required course work!

How did she expect to earn her advanced degree without completing all the steps to get that degree? The school was justified removing her from the program!!
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 12, 2012
 
Right to work laws, winning lawsuits for not caving in to the gay righst crowd. Why Michigan seems to finally be waking up and coming to its senses after being trashed by liberals.
Its a new day

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 13, 2012
 
DaveinMass wrote:
The school caved in. Here is the pertinent fact of the case:
She did not complete the required course work!
How did she expect to earn her advanced degree without completing all the steps to get that degree? The school was justified removing her from the program!!
The school didn't cave, they merely paid off the nuisance. Other than the cash payout, which may just about cover the cost of the education she just flocked, she "won" nothing. She won't be readmitted to the program and her kind of discrimination still won't be allowed.
Lincoln

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 13, 2012
 
She deserves way more than 75K. Just think if she was a dyke who claimed she was bullied or discriminated against, the school would be forced to pay her millions.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 13, 2012
 
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The school didn't cave, they merely paid off the nuisance. Other than the cash payout, which may just about cover the cost of the education she just flocked, she "won" nothing. She won't be readmitted to the program and her kind of discrimination still won't be allowed.
shes a student and not a real lawyer?your post name rick sounds like suck a d---!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 13, 2012
 
alan wrote:
shes a student and not a real lawyer?your post name rick sounds like suck a d---!
Your post sounds like mommy and daddy should do a better job of monitoring your internet habits. If you really aren't an immature, intellectually challenged 12 year old, it's usually better if you don't act like one, buttercup.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 13, 2012
 
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Your post sounds like mommy and daddy should do a better job of monitoring your internet habits. If you really aren't an immature, intellectually challenged 12 year old, it's usually better if you don't act like one, buttercup.
matching wits with an unarmed man is a waste of time,especially when hes mentally challenged!go play with yourself and leave the kids alone?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 13, 2012
 
alan wrote:
matching wits with an unarmed man is a waste of time,especially when hes mentally challenged!go play with yourself and leave the kids alone?
Somewhere I can English teacher quietly sobbing. BooBoo, you should have just quietly went away when you had the opportunity. I never saw this as a battle of wits, because I knew before I replied that you were pretty freaking witless. I just like pointing and laughing at idiots making fools of themselves.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 15, 2012
 
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Hick, you really don't how pathetic you make yourself look, do you?
The very best thing you can do for young people is to STAY FAR AWAY. Haven't the parents in your wind blown Kansas trailer park made that plain enough by now?
Your a joke David...you of all people, I would think wouldn't post such hateful remarks. Not very Christian of you. Now go pray to that big cross in your back yard, hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Axe Murder and Cannibalism and Graham Crackers,... 6 min Wondering 53
Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Ma... (Jan '13) 8 min Brian_G 17,509
Church-state separation put to the test in Ky. 21 min hi hi 12
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 30 min Pietro Armando 39,506
Finland's New Homoerotic Stamps 36 min Rainbow Kid 65
Co-Creator of Russia's 'Homosexual Propaganda' ... 37 min Putin in the Closet 1
first gay experiences (Oct '11) 44 min dede 84
Are You Sick Of Queers "Coming Out"? (Aug '13) 56 min WasteWater 125
•••
•••
•••
•••