Biblical assumptions about homosexual...

Biblical assumptions about homosexuality are not always accurate

There are 93 comments on the www.greeleytribune.com story from Feb 4, 2011, titled Biblical assumptions about homosexuality are not always accurate. In it, www.greeleytribune.com reports that:

The first problem in discussing homosexuality and the Bible concerns language and history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.greeleytribune.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#1 Feb 4, 2011
The Extreme Christians should just love this article!!!
Terence Weldon

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#2 Feb 5, 2011
This is now widely accepted by those who study the bible seriously, instead of simply using it as an excuse for prejudice (just as the bible was once widely used to justify racial discrimination and slavery).

Gay activists should recognize that there are many religious arguments in favour of lgbt inclusion, and in increasing number of straight allies in the churches. Greater familiarity with the points in this article could help queer activists to engage with fair-minded people of faith on their terms - and win some arguments, instead of the pointless and unwinnable battle of rights v religion.
Marlena

Roy, WA

#3 Feb 5, 2011
Wow big surprise, a bunch of queers don't like the Bible and decide to re-write it. Then they open queer churches where every other person is kneeling during orgies or services or whatever.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Feb 5, 2011
Marlena wrote:
Wow big surprise, a bunch of queers don't like the Bible and decide to re-write it. Then they open queer churches where every other person is kneeling during orgies or services or whatever.
Instead of making silly comments out of ignorance, why not go to a few open and affirming churches and find out.

It would be good for your soul.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Feb 5, 2011
Marlena wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Wow, big surprise, a clueless assh*le who has nothing more than their favorite sex fantasies to offer as a response. We all know you're nothing more than a complete waste of human potential, why bother to keep reminding us.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Feb 5, 2011
There's no arguing with religious people, since by their very nature they are incapable of drawing rational conclusions from the available evidence.

The ONLY way to battle the crazies is to remind them we don't live in a theocracy, therefore their religious beliefs have no relavence in our laws.
Fact Check

Germany

#8 Feb 5, 2011
There is no legitimate doubt about the fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns and commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is based in fiction.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#9 Feb 5, 2011
Good morning David Moore! Your bible also commands against divorce, but here you are, a pathetic divorced man who can't see his kids, who gets his jollies by gay-bashing.
Fact Check wrote:
There is no legitimate doubt about the fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns and commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is based in fiction.
Dude Slick

Tamaqua, PA

#10 Feb 5, 2011
Fact Check wrote:
There is no legitimate doubt about the fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns and commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is based in fiction.
Yep!!!!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11 Feb 5, 2011
Fact Check wrote:
(as usual, nothing worth repeating)
Oh David, David, David, as many times as you've been reminded, one would hope that this sort of information would have sunk in by now. A "fact check" is where YOU supply proof which either refutes or supports a statement offered as fact, NOT a place where you check truth at the door. You are free choose to believe that your version of "god" hates homosexuality and or homosexuals, but the real fact of the matter is that short of torturing scripture until you claim it agrees with you, it doesn't, never has.
Dude Slick wrote:
Yep!!!!
Unquestioningly agreeing with someone who is a complete idiot is probably not the best idea you've had today.
Gay Guy

Pasadena, CA

#12 Feb 5, 2011
Marlena wrote:
Wow big surprise, a bunch of queers don't like the Bible and decide to re-write it. Then they open queer churches where every other person is kneeling during orgies or services or whatever.
Why must you be such a damn homophobe?
Size King

Montgomery, AL

#13 Feb 5, 2011
Fact Check wrote:
There is no legitimate doubt about the fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns and commands against all homosexual behavior. Anything to the contrary is based in fiction.
I'm heterosexual but I want to chime in here because of your use of the word fiction got my attention. have you ever really studied the history of this particular God. There have been tons of Gods invented by man btw. There is almost certainly not a God, and the Bible was written by man and many errors have been uncovered. If you are serious about your religion then maybe you should read the book by Karen Armstrong titled The History of God. Then again I suppose such a serious study would be against your Faith. She use to be a nun but her indepth study of history made her come to realise that there it is highly unlikely that a God exists.
joyman61

United States

#14 Feb 5, 2011
Remember everybody god loves the sinner but hates the sin.also he made adam and eve not adam and steve.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 5, 2011
Gay Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Why must you be such a damn homophobe?
Because he is a sexually frustrated troll who hides behind posting as a woman!

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#16 Feb 5, 2011
WEll then, who made Steve then? Face it, you cling to your bigotry and hatred despite the evidence shown in pieces like this.
joyman61 wrote:
Remember everybody god loves the sinner but hates the sin.also he made adam and eve not adam and steve.
joyman61

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2011
Its just a saying dumbass.I was just saying that god loves everyone but hates the sin that is in us.the meaning is that god does not like homosexuality.Yes i am a christian and i am still a sinner just like all the rest of you.The only difference is that i have accepted the lord jesus christ as my personal savior and am saved by his grace.And no i am not a bigot but i am comanded by the lord to love my neighbor as i love myself.So i love you all.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#18 Feb 5, 2011
How very "christian" of you to call another poster "dumbass", this is a rather funny way of showing love for your neighbor.

If you want to consider yourself a sinner, more power to you, but don't project your failings onto other people who don't share your beliefs.
joyman61 wrote:
Its just a saying dumbass.I was just saying that god loves everyone but hates the sin that is in us.the meaning is that god does not like homosexuality.Yes i am a christian and i am still a sinner just like all the rest of you.The only difference is that i have accepted the lord jesus christ as my personal savior and am saved by his grace.And no i am not a bigot but i am comanded by the lord to love my neighbor as i love myself.So i love you all.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 5, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
There's no arguing with religious people, since by their very nature they are incapable of drawing rational conclusions from the available evidence.

The ONLY way to battle the crazies is to remind them we don't live in a theocracy, therefore their religious beliefs have no relavence in our laws.
Nicely said. Religious beliefs have no relevance for the religious either:

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

The Bible teaches the religious that what they do in the Gay/Lesbian Forum ever day, all day long, is equal to being a murderer, a thief and an evildoer. And they could care less! They aren't going to let their God tell them what to do or spoil their fun. The anti-gay busybodying will continue and God can go screw himself.

One really effective way of dealing with these defective busybodies is to post biblical contradictions. Christians hate to see biblical contradictions because it shows them they are full of schitt.

Genesis 22:1, "And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")

versus

James 1:13, "For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man".

God seems to be confused as to whether or not he tempts people.

Since: Sep 10

Kimball, MN

#20 Feb 5, 2011
here we go bashing gays and sorry, homosexuals. For some reason or other ladies were left out. I think they are being discriminated against. Now that really is a SIN. the Bible was not written by God or influenced by God it was written by politicians and influenced by the wealthy so that they could keep middle-class and poor under their thumbs. I am heterosexual, but I will say, if God did indeed have a hand in creating us created each and every one of us to be exactly the way he wanted us to be God created us to have the kind of sexuality. We have a religion has the audacity to say there are sexual activities are sinful how dare religion imply that God does not know his A@@S from a hole in the ground when after all, he created us the way he wants each and every one of us to be.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21 Feb 5, 2011
joyman61 wrote: Its just a saying dumbass.... god loves everyone but hates the sin that is in us.the meaning is that god does not like homosexuality.Yes i am a christian and i am a sinner... i have accepted the lord jesus christ as my personal savior.... i am comanded by the lord to love my neighbor as i love myself.So i love you all.

If you really loved homosexuals you'd leave them alone to live their own lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 25,628
Big Memorial Day Party 9 min Imprtnrd 5
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 9 min Rose_NoHo 438
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min Truth 49,261
News Katherine Clark, Betsy DeVos get into heated di... 25 min Rainbow Kid 4
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 31 min Bob smith 64
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 33 min Junket 13,559
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 58 min Doctor Feelgood 35
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr BOSE 5,993
More from around the web