Hawaii Senate passes gay marriage, cl...

Hawaii Senate passes gay marriage, clearing islands to become a same-sex wedding destination

There are 105 comments on the Canada.com story from Nov 12, 2013, titled Hawaii Senate passes gay marriage, clearing islands to become a same-sex wedding destination. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Our #VanSun360 Instagram theme this week was Leaves. Thanks to all who submitted photos - here's a look at just a few of them, including the week's winner and runners-up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Martin MacNeill

Dallas, TX

#22 Nov 13, 2013
Lincoln.
Sakana nei

Mililani, HI

#23 Nov 13, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The only reason queers want to marry is to have one of their conspirator team legally dismissed from having to testify against the illegal activities common to their partners. The incredible increase in illegal drug activity in Hawaii is completely due to queers, their use personally and their use of drugs to molest young men and adolescents.
WTF a talking fish from Kentucky. Go figga?
JRB

Leander, TX

#25 Nov 13, 2013
Sakana nei wrote:
<quoted text>WTF a talking fish from Kentucky. Go figga?
It's you Island...what do the locals actually tink about this?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#26 Nov 13, 2013
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Drizzle Sh#ts strikes again. You really don't have anything better to do with what little time you have left, do you, Larry?
I'm sure your comment will have its admirers. Some of them might even walk upright occasionally.

If there is any justice, you will be the first to go.
local kine reply

Mililani, HI

#27 Nov 13, 2013
JRB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you Island...what do the locals actually tink about this?
We actually are laid back with the live and let live way of life. But that is changing rapidly. Gay marriage is the least of our worries at the present time. Most anti-gay comments on this forum are from transplanted mainlanders or just mainlanders. The only thing I am for is not getting involved in this gay marriage mess. You have to remember Hawaii's #1 industry is tourism so if we get gays marrying each other our politicians see only dollar signs. Crazy thing about tourism is once you are known to be anti-gay you get labeled anti-everything. This Catch 22 situation is what happens when you let lawmakers decide(1996 law) something attached to the good old American dollar. Hawaii is known for its A-L-O-H-A(love you) style personality so I guess by passing this law those revenue dollar signs will happen.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#29 Nov 13, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
definetely changing wedding plans to have the wedding in hawaii.
love that place. hoping one day we can one a vacation home there.
Mazeltov!
Jim Shortz

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Nov 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Mazeltov!
lawrence, you will now be able to steal money from the American people, fly off to Hawaii and marry your masculine blow-up doll

Mazel Tov !
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#31 Nov 14, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
This travesty by our Island blind & deaf representatives and nome of a Governor has polarized the 90%plus Religous/Moral anti-gay marriage majority even stronger and in effect made the gay agenda look worst and and even more immoral than it started. I think by next election time these Obama Democrackpots will be voted out. Remember Goverment for the people and by the people, well you got your Gay marriage law passed by circumventing that and in a sense by goverment that dont gives a rats what the majority thinks. Passed during the tenure of the most anti-Christian and failed President ever. the 90%+ will always look upon Gay as a sin and an abomination against God's Law where it matters.
Law trumps religion
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#32 Nov 14, 2013
Halito wrote:
What's the cost of a gas tric bypass?
Your deductible; copay; and maximum out of pocket costs are listed on your Obamacare policy

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#33 Nov 14, 2013
local kine reply wrote:
<quoted text>We actually are laid back with the live and let live way of life. But that is changing rapidly. Gay marriage is the least of our worries at the present time. Most anti-gay comments on this forum are from transplanted mainlanders or just mainlanders. The only thing I am for is not getting involved in this gay marriage mess. You have to remember Hawaii's #1 industry is tourism so if we get gays marrying each other our politicians see only dollar signs. Crazy thing about tourism is once you are known to be anti-gay you get labeled anti-everything. This Catch 22 situation is what happens when you let lawmakers decide(1996 law) something attached to the good old American dollar. Hawaii is known for its A-L-O-H-A(love you) style personality so I guess by passing this law those revenue dollar signs will happen.
Well your Aloha spirit wasn't displayed much during the circus which was the House hearings.

Sounded more like a whole lot of hate, especially from the natives.
heartandmind

Europe

#35 Nov 14, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
This travesty by our Island blind & deaf representatives and nome of a Governor has polarized the 90%plus Religous/Moral anti-gay marriage majority even stronger and in effect made the gay agenda look worst and and even more immoral than it started. I think by next election time these Obama Democrackpots will be voted out. Remember Goverment for the people and by the people, well you got your Gay marriage law passed by circumventing that and in a sense by goverment that dont gives a rats what the majority thinks. Passed during the tenure of the most anti-Christian and failed President ever. the 90%+ will always look upon Gay as a sin and an abomination against God's Law where it matters.
oh, you mean sorta like the when segregation was made illegal.....or when birth control was made legal and had to made available to all people via a scotus ruling.... or when scotus ruled on interracial marriages.... or when scotus said that sex discrimination was illegal...or any number of things we take for granted now that went against people's ideas of right and wrong back when scotus made the ruling.

right, fella. you make absolutely zero sense.
local kine reply

Mililani, HI

#36 Nov 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your Aloha spirit wasn't displayed much during the circus which was the House hearings.
Sounded more like a whole lot of hate, especially from the natives.
Dude I was asked for a local opinion for which many locals would agree. You are adding this "HATE" clause to my statement. Why should I go down to the hearings? I have been married for 45 years and have better activities to do. Why should I make a anti-gay azzhole out of myself? I could care less if gay people get married. I say live and let live and most locals here don't really care one way or the other . Those protesters are mainly transplanted mainlanders that have dogged our daily lives on every important issue. Screw them I prefer to mind my on business.
Peter

Honolulu, HI

#37 Nov 14, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Law trumps religion
You are right my brother since the time of Christ's Crucifixion, corrupt self governed jewish leaders and Pontis Pilate to our corrupt self-interest Legislature and our current Governor holding this bogus special session washing his hands of the blatant disregard for what the majority standed for.
As Christ said Christ and those who follow him rule NOT in this world.
Pau

Columbus, OH

#39 Nov 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Snort!
17 YEARS ago!!
Things have changed a LOT in 17 years.
And they changed the constitution to allow the LEGISLATURE to define marriage.
That's what the legislature just did.
One thing that haven't changed, you're still queer.
lol

Canyon Country, CA

#40 Nov 14, 2013
local kine reply wrote:
<quoted text>We actually are laid back with the live and let live way of life. But that is changing rapidly. Gay marriage is the least of our worries at the present time. Most anti-gay comments on this forum are from transplanted mainlanders or just mainlanders. The only thing I am for is not getting involved in this gay marriage mess. You have to remember Hawaii's #1 industry is tourism so if we get gays marrying each other our politicians see only dollar signs. Crazy thing about tourism is once you are known to be anti-gay you get labeled anti-everything. This Catch 22 situation is what happens when you let lawmakers decide(1996 law) something attached to the good old American dollar. Hawaii is known for its A-L-O-H-A(love you) style personality so I guess by passing this law those revenue dollar signs will happen.
Wait 'til you see two butt-ugly dudes making out as they walk by you and your children on the sidewalk. That will cure you.

Tawas City, Michigan

#41 Nov 14, 2013
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing that haven't changed, you're still queer.
Well DUH!

I've always been gay and always will be.

Tawas City, Michigan

#42 Nov 14, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait 'til you see two butt-ugly dudes making out as they walk by you and your children on the sidewalk. That will cure you.
No more so than seeing two butt-ugly opposite sex people make out.

Which is why I support only allowing us good looking people out in public.
Call da cops

Mililani, HI

#43 Nov 14, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you and AI?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#44 Nov 14, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids won't care, but YOU will have a hard time explaining to them why you're such a viciously hateful person of others.
Har har har har

Columbus, OH

#46 Nov 14, 2013
Deperately trying to save sinking tourist revenue. A train wreck is more likely or worse yet negative effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 34 min June VanDerMark 13,077
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... 2 hr duck soup 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Constitution 101 24,775
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr TomInElPaso 45,145
News Trans woman in Halifax questions if prejudice i... 5 hr Tre H 5
News Is your child a "prehomosexual"? Forecasting ad... (Sep '10) 6 hr Tre H 770
News Backpedaling on same sex marriage? What did the... 10 hr Elizabeth1912 1
More from around the web