Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MLive.com

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Comments (Page 764)

Showing posts 15,261 - 15,279 of15,279
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kom2

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

My friends, I comeback to you now from time that Ive had busy. I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas now just incase I dont get a chance to later. Christmas is a wonderful time of year for all, where families come together, the birth of Christ is celebrated and much more.

I also came to say of the Evil done by the man who killed many children and adults today at a school. We pray for the families of the victoms who now suffer from there loss, may God comfort them in this time of need and hurt.

Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Exodus 14:14
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Kom2 wrote:
My friends, I comeback to you now from time that Ive had busy. I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas now just incase I dont get a chance to later. Christmas is a wonderful time of year for all, where families come together, the birth of Christ is celebrated and much more.
I also came to say of the Evil done by the man who killed many children and adults today at a school. We pray for the families of the victoms who now suffer from there loss, may God comfort them in this time of need and hurt.
Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
Exodus 14:14
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”
Yes Kom you silly jackass, that is a terrible tragedy.

So how's that dopey jackass alter ego "Robsan 5"? Does he still get frustrated and bark like a dog after he gets his ass handed to him? Tell him I said F you!

Woof! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Kom2

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's that dopey jackass alter ego "Robsan 5"? Does he still get frustrated and bark like a dog after he gets his ass handed to him? Tell him I said F you!
Woof! YUK!YUK!YUK!
My friend, you are mistaken, Robsan 5 is his own. I do not speak for him, but I do speak with him from time to time.

Why do you call me what you do? Have I offended you? If I have then I ask you to forgive me, but If not, why do you?
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Woof! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Poor little lost junkyard doggie, no one will play with you.
That's sad.
Robert
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little lost junkyard doggie, no one will play with you.
That's sad.
Robert
Aw, you're sad? Hope this helps you feel a little better-

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Yes
Flashopia

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Woof! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Listen, my atheist friend. Read this carefully. I see that you have a hatred against religious and kind people. Do you really think that we are wrong? Do you really think that we are crazy for following religion? Listen, I'm god and religion doesn't exist, we have NOTHING to loose. I personally enjoy having faith in my lord. If God and religion do exist, you will suffer eternally in he'll, my friend.
In other words (in case you are laughing or didn't understand)
If I'm wrong, I have absolutely NOTHING to loose.
If YOU'RE wrong, you will Suffer forever in hell.
You understand my point?
Another thing: if you reply to this post, in an unpleasant manner, i will inject a small '' surprise'' into your modem/router.
You think I'm joking. No. I'm dead serious. Try me. Go ahead. Reply with something rude. I doubt you will be able to access your Internet afterwards.
About gay marriage. I think a person should have their freedom. But, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids, for the child's sake. Same sex marriage makes the child lack a mother or a father. Its essential for a child to have two genders in the household for proper development. Google it.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Flashopia wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, my atheist friend. Read this carefully. I see that you have a hatred against religious and kind people. Do you really think that we are wrong? Do you really think that we are crazy for following religion? Listen, I'm god and religion doesn't exist, we have NOTHING to loose. I personally enjoy having faith in my lord. If God and religion do exist, you will suffer eternally in he'll, my friend.
You understand my point?
Another thing: if you reply to this post, in an unpleasant manner, i will inject a small '' surprise'' into your modem/router.
You think I'm joking. No. I'm dead serious. Try me. Go ahead. Reply with something rude. I doubt you will be able to access your Internet afterwards.
About gay marriage. I think a person should have their freedom. But, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids, for the child's sake. Same sex marriage makes the child lack a mother or a father. Its essential for a child to have two genders in the household for proper development. Google it.
Do you also support removing every child from every single parent home?

Do you realize that 40% of children are born to unwed mothers?

Do you, by chance, know what century you're living in?
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Flashopia wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand my point?
You are an idiot.
Google it.

Robert

Since: Mar 13

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

This is supposed to be about civil law and civil unions, not your bible. Will this ever end?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

While children tend to do better with two parents rather than one, gender is not a determining variable. The most important factor is the relationship between the parent and child.

Hawaii Supreme Court testamony:

Dr. Eggebeen (witness against marriage equality) also conceded that "gay and lesbian couples can, and do, make excellent parents" "that they are capable of raising a healthy child", and "that children of same sex couples would be helped if their families had access to or were able to receive benefits of marriage".

Dr. Charlotte Patterson: there was "no data or research which establishes that gay fathers and lesbian mothers are less capable of being good parents than non-gay people.

Dr. David Brodzinsky: The issue is not the structural variable, biological versus nonbiological, one parent versus two parent. The issue is really the process variables, how children are cared for, is the child provided warmth, it the child provided consistency of care, is the child provided a stimulated environment, is the e child given support.... and when you take a look at structural variables, there's not all that much support that structural variable in and of themselves are all that important.

Dr. Pepper Shwartz: "the primary quality of parenting is not the parenting structure, or biology, but is the nurturing relationship between parent and child."

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

A better question than, "Should same-sex marriage become legal?" is whether opposite-sex marriage should continue to retain its institutional status.

Because, what is so special about opposite-sex relationships that people in opposite-sex relationships are singled out for special treatment? Is there any reason why people in opposite-sex relationships should be treated any differently than anyone else in any other sort of relationship?

It is not enough that homosexual marriage advocates make the argument that "gay couples should get to marry because straight couples get to do it." The question that needs to be addressed is, "Why do straight couples even get to marry in the first place?" Why indeed?!

The issue of homosexual marriage calls into the question the government’s motivation for having instituted marriage in the first place.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Charlie Feather wrote:
...The issue of homosexual marriage calls into the question the government’s motivation for having instituted marriage in the first place.
You really don't have any valid arguements left, do you?
Charles, you are on the wrong side of history. I told that last year, and it's even more true today.

Robert
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Opps:
I told 'you' that...

Robert

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

As I said already, I'm all fer freedom t' love an' marry whoever ya choose. It's time Christian bigotry went the way of the Dodo bird.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Charlie Feather wrote:
A better question than, "Should same-sex marriage become legal?" is whether opposite-sex marriage should continue to retain its institutional status.
Because, what is so special about opposite-sex relationships that people in opposite-sex relationships are singled out for special treatment? Is there any reason why people in opposite-sex relationships should be treated any differently than anyone else in any other sort of relationship?
It is not enough that homosexual marriage advocates make the argument that "gay couples should get to marry because straight couples get to do it." The question that needs to be addressed is, "Why do straight couples even get to marry in the first place?" Why indeed?!
The issue of homosexual marriage calls into the question the government’s motivation for having instituted marriage in the first place.
There is no getting out now. Marriage is a fundamental right of all individuals.

The marriages of same sex couples should be treated equally under the current laws because marriage is a fundamental right of all individuals:

Zablocki v. Redhail, 434 U.S. 374, 384 (1978):“[T]he right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.”

Turner v. Safley, 482 U.S. 78, 95 (1987):“[T]he decision to marry is a fundamental right” and an “expression[] of emotional support and public commitment.”

Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833, 851 (1992):“These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”

M.L.B. v. S.L.J., 519 U.S. 102, 116 (1996):“Choices about marriage, family life, and the upbringing of children are among associational rights this Court has ranked as ‘of basic importance in our society,’ rights sheltered by the Fourteenth Amendment against the State’s unwarranted usurpation, disregard, or disrespect.”

Marriage provides 1,138 federal rights and protections in addition to the hundreds of state provisions. Property and financial protections are among those interests in which the state must be involved.

You provide no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal treatment as promised in the founding documents and required by the constitution.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Charlie Feather wrote:
What compelling state interest does the government have to promote opposite sex marriage only?
Zeendam

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

ask me i will reply wrote:
<quoted text>
you are mad because I choose to be a dumb cunt as you assert.
Suit yourself.
Lost in translation

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Same sex,,marriage...Their happiness,`can`t
butt in there.
The only problem is that there will be kids who will have two moms or two dads.
One question..where is the kid coming from?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,261 - 15,279 of15,279
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••