Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MLive.com

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Comments (Page 762)

Showing posts 15,221 - 15,240 of15,281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Robsan5

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Bobby...when did I ever say they should?
And you really should lighten up with all the hateful posts. I think you can be a better person than that.
Oh, so your religious beliefs shouldn't have any control over the lives of others? Then why are you against same-sex marriage becoming legal in all 50 states? How will same-sex marriage negatively impact your life?
Should a business owner who hates blacks be allowed to discriminate against blacks because it's against his "religion"?

Robert

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

ya heba wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe God has better plans for her, maybe it was the her time to depart from this world. you cannot choose when to leave(die) the same way you cannot choose when to be born or if to be born. people die from all sorts of things and at any age, even mysterious deaths occurre with a healthy person. when its your time to go then its time. full stop. no prayers no nothing will stop death.
Possibly but still no answer. Didn't Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead. Didn't Jesus talk about when people gather and pray in the name of Jesus? Why are all these faithful Christians dying of cancer?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he did affirm marriage as being between a man and a woman. Here are his words in both Matthew and Mark.
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'and said,'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one.(Matt 19:4-6)
But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.(Mark 10:6-8)
Let's go back to the beginning shall we?

Genesis 1:27 So G-d created humankind in His own tzelem, in the tzelem Elohim (image of G-d) created He him; zachar (male) and nekevah (female) created He them.

G-d created male and female simultaneously right?

28 And G-d blessed them, and G-d said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Then told them to go out, screw and reproduce right?

So they did and overfilled the world.

Please tell me what the big deal is with procreation. Could it be G-d's plan to stem the human tide?

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so your religious beliefs shouldn't have any control over the lives of others? Then why are you against same-sex marriage becoming legal in all 50 states? How will same-sex marriage negatively impact your life?
Robert
Simple:

http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/InTheClassro...

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go back to the beginning shall we?
Genesis 1:27 So G-d created humankind in His own tzelem, in the tzelem Elohim (image of G-d) created He him; zachar (male) and nekevah (female) created He them.
G-d created male and female simultaneously right?
28 And G-d blessed them, and G-d said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Please tell me what the big deal is with procreation. Could it be G-d's plan to stem the human tide?
Say what??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what??
So you don't understand the basics.

Got it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

BTW, the first version of Creation has no original sin context either.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
Children in public elementary school spending all of two hours of their entire school year learning that there is more than one way to make a family, junior high school students having to spend seven whole hours devoted to learning about the diverse nature of the world they actually live in and how and why not to act violent towards it and high school students spending less than 1% of their entire school year expanding their insight into these subjects.

Oh the horror.

If that is the BEST argument you have against same sex marriage, you have NO argument against same sex marriage. Do you know why that is the case? That lesson plan is in place in a city in a state in which same sex couples cannot currently marry, so how can someone else's children getting a decent education be considered a 'consequence' of the right to marry if such teaching can occur independent of it?

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Children in public elementary school spending all of two hours of their entire school year learning that there is more than one way to make a family, junior high school students having to spend seven whole hours devoted to learning about the diverse nature of the world they actually live in and how and why not to act violent towards it and high school students spending less than 1% of their entire school year expanding their insight into these subjects.
Oh the horror.
If that is the BEST argument you have against same sex marriage, you have NO argument against same sex marriage. Do you know why that is the case? That lesson plan is in place in a city in a state in which same sex couples cannot currently marry, so how can someone else's children getting a decent education be considered a 'consequence' of the right to marry if such teaching can occur independent of it?
Gosh Rick...you mean you are okay with using the public school system to give other people's grade school kids homosexual acceptance training? Big shock.

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't understand the basics.
Got it.
You call this "the basics"?
----------

----------

Looks to me like you are just jealous of "breeders"!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

WaterBoarder wrote:
Gosh Rick...you mean you are okay with using the public school system to give other people's grade school kids homosexual acceptance training? Big shock.
Cupcake, people like you are the reason it has to be. You only have yourselves to blame.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
----------
Not jealous. Just pointing out your limited understanding of the Bible.

You disagree? You believe the world has a sustainable population?

One estimate is we are at three times the sustainable level.

http://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/3_times...

Another predicts Zero Population Growth Will Occur Somewhere Between 2020 To 2029
ZPG 2020 @ 6.64 Billion
ZPG 2029 @ 6.90 Billion

Over 53,354,599 starvation deaths per year.

Each day over 30,000 children die of starvation.

http://www.overpopulation.net/

Do you think starving to death is a good thing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
----------
Why are you overlooking the two Creation accounts? The first telling lacks any evidence of the "Original Sin Doctrine."

My point was about original sin and the Bible. Seems you don't have much interest in the Bible do you?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Sign the petition to have same-sex marriage federally recognized in the US.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/all...
verykinky

Elizabeth, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Its sad when you realize a large portion of the human population thinks they are superior and deserve more rights just because they like the opposite sex's genitalia.

Reminds me of Kindergarten. "you don't have an e in your first name, you can't be friends with us," was a legitimate phrase said to me. All you Bible thumpers, you are but children in a sandbox that haven't learned to share.

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you overlooking the two Creation accounts? The first telling lacks any evidence of the "Original Sin Doctrine."
My point was about original sin and the Bible. Seems you don't have much interest in the Bible do you?
Ah yes...the old contradicting two accounts of creation argument! It's simple. For example, the first account is clearly stating an order of creation (first day, second day, etc). The second account is not.

The two stories do not contradict one another just because they omit details from the other.

So...why did you go off into creation and original sin?
Dark overlord

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Im atheist. But i have no problem with gays bi lez... But i do see wher u come from in marrage terms. Why would u marry into the christian faith or any faith anyway as a gay couple? I dont see the logic as ur going to marry against that religions beliefs right? But we're a 21st century world people, is it time for things to change like this... Or are we just too insane and scared to stan up for ourselves? It appears anyone in power in these 'world leading countries' is to scared to stand up and speak out against something that has never being done and or isnt accepted.

I mean gay marrage doesnt affect me... So i dont care what happens. As long as i can still marry my fiancee then all is fine... Now the rest of u stop been homophobic. Ok :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes...the old contradicting two accounts of creation argument! It's simple. For example, the first account is clearly stating an order of creation (first day, second day, etc). The second account is not.
The two stories do not contradict one another just because they omit details from the other.
So...why did you go off into creation and original sin?
The fact is they are disparate accounts from two different tribes. They are also mutually exclusive. Do you even know which one is older?

What's more, none of this was supposed to be written down, it was a mythological story meant to be taught and followed as part of an oral tradition.

My point is that the whole concept of original sin comes from one of the two accounts. What were the people seeking? They were seeking knowledge of G-d without paying any dues. It is a mystical concept where humans seek the divine is it not? Original sin is nothing but a belief system imposed upon the myth by the early Christian Church. They destroyed the central issue by doing that which is my point.

Are you happy now?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Dark overlord wrote:
Im atheist. But i have no problem with gays bi lez... But i do see wher u come from in marrage terms. Why would u marry into the christian faith or any faith anyway as a gay couple? I dont see the logic as ur going to marry against that religions beliefs right? But we're a 21st century world people, is it time for things to change like this... Or are we just too insane and scared to stan up for ourselves? It appears anyone in power in these 'world leading countries' is to scared to stand up and speak out against something that has never being done and or isnt accepted.
I mean gay marrage doesnt affect me... So i dont care what happens. As long as i can still marry my fiancee then all is fine... Now the rest of u stop been homophobic. Ok :)
Your support is appreciated. However, I hope to correct what I perceive as a lack of information or acceptance of misinformation on your part, in hopes of helping you understand the current struggle more clearly.

One piece of misinformation is the belief "marriage is against that religion's beliefs." While some denominations are against marriage equality, other Christian denominations believe in treating others the way they want to be treated, and accept marriage equality. Many churches perform same sex weddings today, and others are considering it.

It also appears you may have accepted the lie often repeated by some conservative politicians and religious leaders that marriage has always been between a man and a woman. But in addition to the 8 types of marriage found in the bible, same sex couples have been getting married for at least 4,000 years dating back to the ancient Egyptians, and cave drawings and other anthropological information suggests it goes back before written history. Other same sex ceremonies have been found which include church ceremonies in various places and times. While it has never been the primary relationship in society, same sex couples can be found throughout history. It is nothing new.

Additionally, recent polls show acceptance has passed the 50% mark, and now a slim majority, like yourself, accept marriage equality here at home, while other countries demonstrate growing acceptance as well.

Hope that helps clear up some of the misinformation promoted by those who oppose marriage equality.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

"The results of more than a century of anthropological research on households, kinship relationships, and families, across cultures and through time, provide no support whatsoever for the view that either civilization or viable social orders depend upon marriage as an exclusively heterosexual institution. Rather, anthropological research supports the conclusion that a vast array of family types, including families built upon same-sex partnerships, can contribute to stable and humane societies." (American Anthropological Association)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,221 - 15,240 of15,281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••