Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15314 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16723 Oct 21, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, as I have told you before, it is a choice of where you want to go. If you want to go to the door of Heaven you'll need the Holy Spirit key. If you want to go to the door of Hell then you'll need the key of no Holy Spirit.
The fact that you say something doesn't make it true.

In your religion, god sends people to hell. You can spin it all you like, but there it is. I know it must be distressing for you to learn that your god is a sociopath, but life is difficult sometimes.
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#16724 Oct 21, 2012
Cal In AZ wrote:
And maybe by the year 2274 A.D., the Prop 8 case will be decided finally.
Hopefully the SCOTUS will take up the big issue in 2013.

Robert

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#16725 Oct 21, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the SCOTUS will take up the big issue in 2013.
Robert
I thought that SCOTUS would announce this year if they were going to decide whether to hear the case or not.

Since: Sep 10

Compton, CA

#16726 Oct 21, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, remember that Jesus does not send anyone to Hell, we send ourselves. I pray and talk to God each day, He always answers with time. Iam saved yes, I asked Christ to forgive me some time ago, this is why Iam here to try and spread His word and try and get others to see the good in Christ.
True Christians never say "You have to do this", we tell you that these are your options, choose carefully and no matter what you do Jesus will always Love you. This is showing Love. My friend, choose carefully on what you interpred, for the Devil causes much blindness in all that have not Christ in there Hearts. Iam not saying that you do not, but I warn you to be careful and trust in Christ, for He will show you Peace.
I have plenty of peace in my life and a close personal relationship with Jesus thank you. And, I must say your arrogance is outdone only by your poor spelling. You really should take up the practice of using a dictionary and a book on proper grammar.
You continually tell me and everyone else how the Devil is blinding them to this great truth you have. I can't see why you feel to superior, because I've heard these comments made over and over by other self righteous individuals, who also use the "my friend" condescending approach as though you are here to show everyone the error of their ways and how they can be as aware as you if they only learn to agree with your every whim. Boring.

Compton, CA

#16727 Oct 21, 2012
verykinky wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying you don't agree with the definition of sad. It is what it is.
Yea, right. whatever you say, long as your happy.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#16728 Oct 21, 2012
The SCOTUS is thoughtfully waiting until AFTER the election to announce pretty much what has been expected all along, they aren't even going to dignify its passing by hearing it out. It's not an issue that ANY candidate wants to have tossed out there so unceremoniously right now. It's an October surprise being held over for the second week of November.
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#16729 Oct 21, 2012
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that SCOTUS would announce this year if they were going to decide whether to hear the case or not.
Nothing confirmed yet. So I was giving them another year... Big case, big ramifications.

Robert

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#16730 Oct 21, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to die anyway, so what does it mean to you? I mean, if you don't believe in God or an afterlife, how does it buy you any protection?

Do you understand what a protection scheme is yet?
That's what god is running, "Pay the price I ask, or I'll kill you."

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#16731 Oct 21, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you can see it that way, if you choose, I just don't see my savior sending anyone to eternal agony. The fact is they simply won't exist. You keep saying all you do as though you have it from God himself. Well, you spoke of the rapture and I'm sure you see that too. But, the fact is you're interpreting scripture to suit your own desire to say, I'm saved and you're not, I've got eternal happiness to look forward to and, unless you do what I say, you will be eternally subjected to horrible anguish and pain. Not my idea of Christian love, regardless of how popular it is with the rank and file.
But, "Love and worship me, or I'll kill you" is your idea of love?

Coolidge, AZ

#16732 Oct 21, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing confirmed yet. So I was giving them another year... Big case, big ramifications.
Robert
I think they will decide nor to hear the case.
verykinky

Elizabeth, CO

#16733 Oct 21, 2012
Zyzxhtlovebnmgod wrote:
<quoted text>No, sorry, wrong number. He is not a God of a religion. Let me see, if your mom has cancer, how many chances will you give th doctor to save her?
Here is something to figure out and provide proof for: 1/0=________.
You cannot divide by zero. You're mathematically retarded. Who the f uck doesn't know you can't divide by zero?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16735 Oct 22, 2012
Question: What is worse than a JW who comes to your door?

Answer: A JW who trolls Topix calling you friend.

Acton, CA

#16737 Oct 29, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what a protection scheme is yet?
That's what god is running, "Pay the price I ask, or I'll kill you."
You're going to die anyway, like I said how is it a protection scheme, since you don't believe in an eternal life.

Acton, CA

#16738 Oct 29, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But, "Love and worship me, or I'll kill you" is your idea of love?
No, it's what you see it as, but that's not what I feel. The creator wants perfect beings, meaning those free of sin, in the new world. It's not an either or, except for what you choose. If you ask forgiveness of sin, you'll have it and eternity, if you don't you simply won't exist after you die. You choose to believe you have no soul and there for cannot be losing anything. What's the big deal, it's your choice.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16739 Oct 29, 2012
1st Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's what you see it as, but that's not what I feel. The creator wants perfect beings, meaning those free of sin, in the new world. It's not an either or, except for what you choose. If you ask forgiveness of sin, you'll have it and eternity, if you don't you simply won't exist after you die. You choose to believe you have no soul and there for cannot be losing anything. What's the big deal, it's your choice.
Wait a minute. Pascal's Wager said you have nothing to lose by believing. Are you saying you have nothing to lose by not-believing?
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16740 Oct 30, 2012
My friends, you have nothing to lose by believing, but much to lose when not believing. By believing, you gain the Blessings of God and the key to the door to Heaven. By not believing, you lose yourself in this world of fall and you gain the key to the door of Hell.

He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.(Psalm 62:6)

Despite everything my friends, YOU are all Blessings, YOU are all Beautiful and YOU all have a Loving Father awaiting YOU.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16741 Oct 30, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
My friends, you have nothing to lose by believing, but much to lose when not believing. By believing, you gain the Blessings of God and the key to the door to Heaven. By not believing, you lose yourself in this world of fall and you gain the key to the door of Hell.
Just because you need the crutch of religion, don't assume the rest of us do...
Robsan5

Denver, CO

#16742 Oct 30, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.(Psalm 62:6)
Despite everything my friends, YOU are all Blessings, YOU are all Beautiful and YOU all have a Loving Father awaiting YOU.
Kom, what does this have to do with legalizing same-sex marriage? Where in your bible does it say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman"?

Robert
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16743 Oct 30, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kom, what does this have to do with legalizing same-sex marriage? Where in your bible does it say, "man shall not marry man, nor shall woman marry woman"?
Robert
My friend, you have asked this many times before and I have answered many times before. You know that God is against it, whether you believe in Him or not. You believe as you wish, but do not think Him a fool for you have been told truth and therefore have no excuse for your time of judgment.

Even after this, He STILL Loves you.

United States

#16744 Oct 30, 2012
ABW wrote:
Marriage is a religious covenant between a man and a woman blessed by a religious faith. There is no form of religious faith that sanctions marriage by definition in any other form. Its that simple Gay Marriage is therefore impossible.
A civil union on the other hand is a form on contractual agreement between two people. That's the best you can do there. To call it marriage is to pervert the term. Why not then let me marry my sister or a father his daughter, or multiple wives?
Sorry marriage exists in only one form...the joining of a man and a woman.
Exactly! I totally agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 2 min aya asher aya 475
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 3 min Belle Sexton 3,163
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 3 min WasteWater 323
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 4 min Belle Sexton 5
News .com | Philippine church leaders urge oppositio... 9 min Belle Sexton 3
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 10 min WasteWater 1,233
Will NE Jade Wax his Balls Twonight? 12 min Hiram1 1
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 1 hr WasteWater 53
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr NoahLovesU 25,863
More from around the web