Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15311 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#16608 Oct 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
Your conscience is talking to you, but you're still not listening enough. You remain an unrepentant thief and a pathological liar in the name of your small, petty, mean-spirited version of God. Congratulations? What exactly do you imagine your message to be, that would make that something anyone in their right mind would want to aspire to?

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#16609 Oct 16, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If the human soul, consciousness, spirit, whatever you want to call that essence which makes us us, survives on after we physically die, any eternity that you would have to spend with the likes of our pathetic little friend, would by definition be hell. It may not have the fire and brimstone, but the eternal torment would be worse than the devil himself could come up with. I don't know what hereafter he's heading for, I just don't want to share it with him, the here and now is hell enough.
:)
dman

Aurora, CO

#16610 Oct 16, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still looking for "your" point, FAKER? Have you looked in "your" closet?
You are Weak. You are Lame. You are Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for you, Terminal No Point disease boy!)
You should be looking for your integrity and spine jellyfish... You are AGAIN.... just a valve that leaks and spouts but NEVER AMOUNTS TO ANYTHING BUT A puddle....:) Just for you PAB...
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#16611 Oct 16, 2012
dman wrote:
<quoted text> You should be looking for your integrity and spine jellyfish... You are AGAIN.... just a valve that leaks and spouts but NEVER AMOUNTS TO ANYTHING BUT A puddle....:) Just for you PAB...
Did those mean 10th graders beat you up again? You should really tell "your" mommy, FAKER. Maybe she can pick you up after classes from Thomas Edison Junior High school.

You are Weak. You are Lame. You are Just. Plain. Really Stupid.

Roberta/Robsana (just for you, closet gay anal sex lover boy!)
Whamma

Seattle, WA

#16613 Oct 17, 2012
I have two moms. They are lesbian, and I don't see what's so "unnatural" about gays and lesbians. We are all christian, we talk about the Bible, and no one really seems to care in our family that in the Bible it says marriage is between a man and a woman. Also, just because it says that, doesn't mean everyone's gonna side with that. There are other religions, in case you didn't know. Are you homophobes saying gays and lesbians aren't people, too? Are you saying that not everyone should have rights?
Whamma

Seattle, WA

#16614 Oct 17, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If god were real, you would be able to prove god is real.
You can't. No one can.
Because he isn't real.
Oh...and I am not your 'dear' anything...
I'd like to see you prove that he ISN'T real. The reason you haven't seen any proof is because you don't believe in him, and he knows that.
verykinky

Colorado Springs, CO

#16615 Oct 17, 2012
Whamma wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see you prove that he ISN'T real. The reason you haven't seen any proof is because you don't believe in him, and he knows that.
Lol ohhhhh... Sigh.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16616 Oct 18, 2012
Whamma wrote:
<quoted text>
So back in the day when I was sincerely looking for god I actually didn't know that I secretly didn't really believe in him and that is why god ignored me?

Um...yeah....
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#16617 Oct 18, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So back in the day when I was sincerely looking for god I actually didn't know that I secretly didn't really believe in him and that is why god ignored me?
Um...yeah....
Yeah, you have to believe that god is real before god will show you the proof that god is real.

Robert
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16618 Oct 18, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...yeah....
My friend, why did you give up? It may have been a test or for whatever reason, you let the Devil fool you. This is why we tell you to be careful, the Devil is trying to trick you into going to Hell, will you fall to his tricks?

There is still much hope my friend, Jesus still Loves you. Try once more to call to Him, He will answer. Dont let the Devil fool you.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16619 Oct 18, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What if Jesus only lets atheists into heaven because he can't stand sycophants?
My friend, answer me this.
Are you beautiful? Yes.
Then why not go to the Beautiful place that Jesus has prepared for you?
Do not say that you are not beautiful, because that would be a lie. God has created you, me and everyone Beautiful. Dont go to the place where your beauty will be hurt, but go to the place your beauty will be peace.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16620 Oct 18, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you have to believe that god is real before god will show you the proof that god is real.
Robert
My friend, believe first and then you shall see.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#16621 Oct 18, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, why did you give up? It may have been a test or for whatever reason, you let the Devil fool you. This is why we tell you to be careful, the Devil is trying to trick you into going to Hell, will you fall to his tricks?
So you're saying either (a) the god to whom I reached out to in all sincerity decided for some unknown reason to test me and just chose to ignore me; or (b) the devil blocked the signal?

Do you seriously believe the BS you keep writing?
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#16622 Oct 18, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, believe first and then you shall see.
Kom, I believe I'm still waiting to see you post on the topic of legalizing same-sex marriage.

Robert
Cherylknows

Jacksonville, FL

#16623 Oct 18, 2012
Just think, JUST THINK!
Cherylknows

Jacksonville, FL

#16624 Oct 18, 2012
No same sex marriage. It was Adam and Eve,not Adam and Steve.
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#16625 Oct 18, 2012
Cherylknows wrote:
Why not? Why should your religious beliefs control the lives of people who do not share your religious beliefs?

Robert
Kom2

Miami, FL

#16626 Oct 18, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kom, I believe I'm still waiting to see you post on the topic of legalizing same-sex marriage.
Robert
My friend, this was once a Christian nation, why no more? This nation was founded on Christianity, the Declaration of Independence which cites “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God” and our Creator as the source of our rights and appeals “to the Supreme Judge of the world” and declares “a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence,” to the U.S. Constitution which acknowledges the Christian worldview and even the Christian day of worship, our nation was founded on Christian principles so clearly that it cannot be rationally denied.

We have passed good laws that have helped many, the laws of true good will bring good. But we now want to pass laws of wrong, and wrong will bring wrong my friend. How can a person even think of an Abortion? I ask you this because I truly do not know and I wish to hear your reason of this.

Panorama City, CA

#16627 Oct 18, 2012
Cherylknows wrote:
Eve was made from Adam's rib, Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man.
Looks like god made Adam and Steve after all!

Panorama City, CA

#16628 Oct 18, 2012
When will people just accept the fact there is no rational argument against gay marriage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min Tre H 5,044
News Idaho man charged with federal hate crime in fa... 26 min Frogface Kate 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min Respect71 44,240
News Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage ob... 39 min jcofe 1
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 48 min Imprtnrd 395
News 'I am appalled and disgusted': Councillor accus... 1 hr Cath League of Du... 1
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 2 hr NightHawk 24
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Big C 24,140
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 12,713
More from around the web